Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 lots of motos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess my point was:

+55 offset is for the 285 width tire (33s) and narrower.

+30 offset is for the 315 width tire (35s)

The Ranger / Bronco bolt pattern is 6x139.7

If you’re shopping for wheels to have something immediately available when you take delivery, I would stay within those specs since we know they work.

The 4wp vehicle is running 37s and has a +33 offset wheel. So those work. (Only 3mm difference)

The overland concept vehicle has a +0 offset, and we don’t know the suspension, but we do know the tires rub. Maybe it’s because the suspension, maybe the offset is to far out of spec... but either way, the only intel we have no that includes 0 offset is that it doesn’t work.
This is EXACTLY why I'm happy I didn't go the Squach route on my BL! I really wanted a manual (I'm old and nostalgic). Save the money, and in the future, 3" coil over lift, 2 upper A-arms and then 37's to make Squachies jealous.
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me or does the WT look like it has a leveling kit like lift?

The bumper/grill/hood seem higher on the WT yet the mirrors do not seems that much higher in proportion to the bumper/grill/hood.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My biggest issue with Badlands and rock crawl is you have to give up sport mode. Unfortunately I will spend more time on the highway than I will crawling over rocks. Easy choice to go Wildtrak.
Unless you go manual... then you control the shift points yourself?

I'm holding out to 22/23 to see if ford will wake up and give us Sasman+v6.

(And i will trade that bronco in for a newer Bronco if ford REALLY wakes up and gives us a v8)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 4 door badlands ordered and I’m getting 35’s, do you think the badlands fender flares will still look good with 35’s?
Yes. 😎 It would look similar to the picture below.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak side by side 1618838666476

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can disagree, but for hard core rock crawling you would be wrong. The SFA is better. That’s fine though 99.9% of people don’t hard core rock crawl anyhow.
And the goat mode doesn’t do magic things with traction control, it locks the axles which will disable traction control. There’s a hero switch that does this as well. I’m not totally sure about transmission shift points, but I doubt it does much special there. I’d expect it to be more for novices who might not know which button to push.
I feel this has been evident in the ride along comments. Auto sway bar disconnect is a convenience feature but also part realization that with IFS it’s more necessary (need to use it a lot so it needs to be easier to activate). The ability to lock front and/or rear axles independently has also been mentioned as a differentiator.

So with that said, the common theme when it came to rock climbing alone was that the Bronco raised the floor of performance for novices (like me) a ton, while minimizing the sacrifice of going from SFA to IFS for experts.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It look wider because your looking at the Badlands straight on (can't see no back tires), the WildTrak is at a slight angle (can see back tires) to where you see the back tires and part of the fender flairs thats why it looks wider. The grills are interchangeable so they have to be the same.
If you look close at the tires and flairs you can see the wildtrak tires stick out further from the bumper and that the flairs kick out as they go.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with that said, the common theme when it came to rock climbing alone was that the Bronco raised the floor of performance for novices (like me) a ton, while minimizing the sacrifice of going from SFA to IFS for experts.
Well said. I don't know why these conversations always devolve into an IFS vs SFA debate. Different strokes for different folks. The Bronco definitely is best of breed when it comes to factory IFS suspensions in an SUV however, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Ford really seems to have their electronics nailed down as well, as evidenced by the Raptor in addition to the Ranger Tremor and of course the Bronco Sport which are both astonishingly capable in their own right, for what they are.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no squatch for me. Not a fan on a two door... I've sat in both and the non squatched Badlands is perfect for me. I also don't like the wide ass flares. In the future I might do 35's after I wear out the original tires. I'm hoping to be driving it mid July !!!

vehicle.png

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel this has been evident in the ride along comments. Auto sway bar disconnect is a convenience feature but also part realization that with IFS it’s more necessary
I agree 100%. Sway Bar disconnect is a convenience feature, and a really well done one by Ford when compared to the option on Jeep. It does not, however, make the Badlands more capable than another Bronco with a manual disconnect, just easier and quicker to operate. I'd certainly buy it if it were a feature on the model I wanted, but I would not let it force me into a model I did not want or cannot afford.

Yeah, I think this is a really good way to put it.

The ability to lock front and/or rear axles independently has also been mentioned as a differentiator.
I am not sure how this is a differentiator, my Rubicon has front and rear axle locks that operate separately. Maybe there is only 1 button and it toggles, but I typically only lock the rear and not the front.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure how this is a differentiator, my Rubicon has front and rear axle locks that operate separately. Maybe there is only 1 button and it toggles, but I typically only lock the rear and not the front.
I’m honestly not an expert here, but a few different drivers said the ability to lock only the front was an advantage over other off roads (maybe 4Runners?).

I also want to clarify, IFS definitely has advantages when doing other stuff like Baja. Massive advantages. So the fact that Ford was able to minimize the gap between SFA and IFS when rock climbing should be considered a big win for the vast majority of future Bronco owners.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess my point was:

+55 offset is for the 285 width tire (33s) and narrower.

+30 offset is for the 315 width tire (35s)

The Ranger / Bronco bolt pattern is 6x139.7

If you’re shopping for wheels to have something immediately available when you take delivery, I would stay within those specs since we know they work.

The 4wp vehicle is running 37s and has a +33 offset wheel. So those work. (Only 3mm difference)

The overland concept vehicle has a +0 offset, and we don’t know the suspension, but we do know the tires rub. Maybe it’s because the suspension, maybe the offset is to far out of spec... but either way, the only intel we have no that includes 0 offset is that it doesn’t work.
But the fifteen52’s are 0 offset, will they still fit?

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the 315's look pretty good on the four door, however on the two door it is too much, puts the BRO in BRONCO.
LMFAO you're proud of that one, I can tell!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Photo courtesy of Bronco6g member: @Cooppierce

Left: Badlands. Right: Wildtrak

This photo has me rethinking adding the Sasquatch package.

Maybe it’s the fender flares the Wildtrak looks wider in this pic

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak side by side vehicle
Badlands for the win. I know this is going to be unpopular for 37-50% of people, but those flares on the Wildtrack are just way to wide. Ruins the look of the Bronco. I wonder if Sasquatch-equipped Broncos wouldn't look better with completely redesigned fenders and quarter panels that are widened so that the flares would be no wider than the standard Bronco flares. I wouldn't have minded if the Bronco body was wider and it had no flares, similar to the first-gen Bronco. The standard flares are OK, but Sasquatch flares are too much. Not trying to start a war--I know everyone has their preference. But what if the non-squatch had no flares and the squatch had flares like the current non-squatch? I bet more people would like that overall.

Either way, Badlands without Sasquatch will take me everywhere I want to go and the 33s look great on the two-door.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no squatch for me. Not a fan on a two door... I've sat in both and the non squatched Badlands is perfect for me. I also don't like the wide ass flares. In the future I might do 35's after I wear out the original tires. I'm hoping to be driving it mid July !!!

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak side by side vehicle
Where'd you get a pic of my exact Bronco? 😄 100% agree on how the two-door looks with the 33s. This looks like how this new Bronco was originally sketched and every other model was modified (and possibly compromised) from this perfection.

I've got a Day 1 reservation/order, but I wasn't thinking I'd be lucky enough to get mine until August due to the way the two-doors will be produced.
Sponsored