Sponsored

Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner

Deleted member 19285

I can't understand for the life of me why a Tow package would slow down a build. If they can't build a steel plate with a few holes in it and a square connector on the end of it, I'm perplexed as to how they are getting anything else done on this vehicle? I wanted this so I could attach a bike rack I already own. I could drop it, but it just seems silly to me.
I've read that the tow package includes some sort of lift in the rear -- so maybe there's some suspension related constraint as a result?

Yeah, otherwise it makes no sense to me.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I just asked my dealership to remove the tow package from my 2dr, SAS, Badlands. with the 2.7L and MIC top. Down to only 3 of 4 sins, but since soft top isn’t an option on the 2dr, I’m not sure if I count that one, or if that’s just for the 4dr. I figure I can have my dealership add the tow package at a later date......if I ever get the damn thing. And I just bought a new Ranger that’s more conducive to towing anyways.

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Watch, with all this effort being made to get customers to switch to less constraint items, like the soft top - Watch the soft top be a constraint next month lol
I would not say they are trying to "get customers to switch", they are just providing communication about items that could cause delays for some orders, stick with your order if that is what you really want, no problem with that, more information is always better

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have to admit, with the lack of information on the top delay, I have some concerns about build quality and other issues from the first year hard tops. It may have nothing to do with design and be a material supply / not enough workers at the plant issue, but who knows aside from Ford and Webasto, and they're not talking.
Ford and Webasto not talking?? Don't they have to communicate with each other?? Seems almost impossible to not communicate when working on a project like this.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and Webasto not talking?? Don't they have to communicate with each other?? Seems almost impossible to not communicate when working on a project like this.
I meant they're not talking to us. I assume they're talking to each other... possibly some screaming involved, too.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Join the club MICers.

- Your friendly neighborhood, future black-painted top owner

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why do we get this info second and third hand? Fords a publicly traded company and therefore has a duty to be transparent. We knew for almost a year it was the tops causing issues. Yet a memo comes out a few days ago blaming chips after it wasn’t chips.

Nobody likes being manipulated or lied to. Especially your loyal brand enthusiasts. And for the perpetual Ford apologists, please don’t lecture us none of this is Ford’s fault.
Hey I'm not a Ford apologist, these are complex machines with thousands of parts, trying to ramp up production in a global pandemic, with all due respect, get a grip!

Publicly traded or not, they have no duty or requirement to share this level of detail with customers, maybe more general information with shareholders, but not this level of detail.

Ford is finding ways to share more than they would normally share. You should be thankful you have this information.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shit...Deliver my two door with a Bimini top, I’d be fine with that.
If only. Hell, if they would at least offer the 2 door with a standard soft top and not as an extra purchase, I’d be ok with that.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I meant they're not talking to us. I assume they're talking to each other... possibly some screaming involved, too.
I think (just IMHO) the various posts on Bronco Nation is Ford talking to us. Direct communication will always be slower with a lot of this behind the scenes stuff happening in real time.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Below is the Bronco Production Scheduling Memo which was posted by @BravoV4, a dealer, showing his email received yesterday from Ford. Shows what the hang ups are how to increase your odds making the next round of scheduling. Seems like the MIC tops are the biggest hang up, and may be for a while.

84044589-B03D-4463-ACB8-73692250ADD3.jpeg
54CDBFE6-88AB-442E-9650-CED19334D2B5.jpeg
BEST WAY to " increase your odds making the next round of scheduling"; DON'T SCREW WITH YOUR ORDER....leave it alone. Then pray..............pray a lot!