Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

Mxr515

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, Jeep JK, Subaru Crosstrek, 87 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's only a deal breaker in the fact that I likely won't be ordering the Sasquatch package but same could be said for manual only available in 2.3l for some but with no V8 option, not sure I care either way. Haven't seen cost for the package yet so that would also play a part.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The deal breaker is for the package, or so I took it. I'll still get the Bronco, but I'm not getting the package because I won't get the automatic. Wont even consider it if it can't be had with the manual.
I think either is a fair interpretation, I should have made this clearer.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, Ford, DONT be sissy's about this. This is supposed to be an off road vehicle. Give us MT's Front Dig and Sas.

Dont be a Big Babyman.

mrkastni

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKUR, 2018 Tundra Crewmax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to also take a breath and consider this, maybe can live with what it is on the base model without the package that I wanted.

Take the names and brands out of it.

Current fun vehicle is the 2010 4 door. Trouble free 100k miles. Never been to the dealer since purchased new. Simple to work on, I did all my own fluid changes and minimal maintenance in my garage myself. (plugs, serp belt, etc)

33" tires, dual Dana 44's, lockers, 4:1 Transfer case, removable top, doors, manual 6 speed. Could put 35's on it without much effort, but skinny 33's with no lift are perfect.

New bronco in the base config with sasquatch was really what I had hoped to find to replace it point for point. My hope was that I could sell the jeep to get within 15-16k as a difference.

I have 0 interest in an automatic transmission, and would really think that the smaller motor will struggle with tall tires. Its an over all deal breaker for me.

What will I drive instead? Keep the wrangler and hope that Jeep looks at this mis step as an item to exploit, and offer at least the 4.10 gearing and manual on their base model. Something along the lines of the gladiator's max tow package on the Sport S trim level.

Nice folks here on the forum, I will stay and drool over your Bronco's and hope to see you around on and off the trails!

PS: Super glad I picked up some Ford Stock a few months ago. This release is a positive for it, and certainly could end up saving the company similar to how the Jeep's JK saved them!

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll just keep my Jeep probably, maybe add some lockers and regear for 35’s. And hope that they add it in the future. In 2 or 3 years I’ll buy a higher trim Bronco maybe. Idk I’m at a loss honestly.

I guess thinking about it I’ll probably hold out for tow ratings and probably get a badlands with a V6+ auto down the road a year or so, and build a rock crawler Jeep or buggy like I was planning to. Will suck to get the auto and 4 door because the 2 door is so damn cool but I feel that’s my only way forward. I need at least one manual vehicle in my life, if it’s not a Bronco it’ll have to be a buggy. But the Bronco I get will have to tow it.
Same, probably back to looking at a gladiator. IF the aftermarket catches up and offers a locker that is..

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same, probably back to looking at a gladiator. IF the aftermarket catches up and offers a locker that is..
I went and looked at one of those prior to getting the Taco and I couldn't stomach the cost + markup, although I really didn't shop around as much as I could have.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for me it is a deal breaker on the package. went with the BD as at the price point with the std 2.3 and 7spd it left enough room possibly for the sasquatch in my budget. I also picked the BD as it came with enough that if the sasquatch went for a ridiculously high amount I could walk and still be content. Sadly it is not about the money but ford not even giving me the option.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went and looked at one of those prior to getting the Taco and I couldn't stomach the cost + markup, although I really didn't shop around as much as I could have.
Mike Levine has taken the air out of the bubble. I don't see why they can't offer all options on the MT and let the chips fall where they may.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike Levine has taken the air out of the bubble. I don't see why they can't offer all options on the MT and let the chips fall where they may.
It's absolutely baffling to me. I hope the "open to feedback" aspect is correct and they end up changing course. If both engines can handle it--and according to him, they can--then the lack of a MT option is nothing but arbitrary, anti-consumer nonsense IMO.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, compared to the JL and JLU they are a better value. Bigger axles, no 3.45 gearing, and adding aux switches doesn't cost $800. I don't like the soft tops on the jeeps because of the plastic side windows, but that issue goes away on the gladiator. For a sport S with the 7" radio, aux switches and heated seats and the 3.6/6spd and painted fenders (so you can highline them) MSRP is "only" $42k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, compared to the JL and JLU they are a better value. Bigger axles, no 3.45 gearing, and adding aux switches doesn't cost $800. I don't like the soft tops on the jeeps because of the plastic side windows, but that issue goes away on the gladiator. For a sport S with the 7" radio, aux switches and heated seats and the 3.6/6spd and painted fenders (so you can highline them) MSRP is "only" $42k.
My Taco is basically fully loaded (as much as it can be, sans the Pro) and it came in under that. Most of the ones I saw on lots at the time I went and looked (December last year) were 45+ without including the normal stuff and markup. It sucked, because I liked the idea a lot.

BroncoST

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 fiesta STs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Auto is fine by me. I already have a manual and I doubt a manual in the Bronco would be any more engaging then in my car. Might actually be disappointed in the manual, especially if it's anything like my friends Jeep. I like short crisp gear changes, not rowing a boat. I'm ready for a cruiser with a 2.7 and a killer 10 speed.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had no idea about Sascrotch before I wanted a Bronco, deal breaker would of been Manual not being available.

If I want the package, I'll do it aftermarket combined with OEM+

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto is fine by me. I already have a manual and I doubt a manual in the Bronco would be any more engaging then in my car. Might actually be disappointed in the manual, especially if it's anything like my friends Jeep. I like short crisp gear changes, not rowing a boat. I'm ready for a cruiser with a 2.7 and a killer 10 speed.
I'd be more open to auto if the manual didn't have this crawler gear. That is very, very appealing to me personally.

BroncoST

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 fiesta STs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd be more open to auto if the manual didn't have this crawler gear. That is very, very appealing to me personally.

Perfectly makes sense! For me, Southwest Florida doesn't have much need for a crawl gear?
Sponsored