Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it might be helpful to somewhat unscientifically gauge the impact of the Sasquatch being automatic only.

For the unaware:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sasquatch-package-is-automatic-only.2018/

Re: dealbreaker, I mean for the package only, not necessarily the Bronco itself. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

HOWEVER, if it's a dealbreaker for the Bronco, I think that's fair, reasonable, and something that should be discussed!

For me personally, I'm not sure if I want a Bronco sans the package.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a bummer for sure. For family reasons, I can't do manual. For enthusiast reasons, I liked to imagine the idea of a base with Sasquatch, manual, and tune.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know its a bummer for many, but I already wanted an auto so no skin off my back.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, for those that do claim it is a dealbreaker, what will you drive instead?

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's really making me rethink things. No matter what I want a manual, that is non negotiable. I just need more information on what I actually can get in a manual and what it will cost. More information needed.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll just keep my Jeep probably, maybe add some lockers and regear for 35’s. And hope that they add it in the future. In 2 or 3 years I’ll buy a higher trim Bronco maybe. Idk I’m at a loss honestly.

I guess thinking about it I’ll probably hold out for tow ratings and probably get a badlands with a V6+ auto down the road a year or so, and build a rock crawler Jeep or buggy like I was planning to. Will suck to get the auto and 4 door because the 2 door is so damn cool but I feel that’s my only way forward. I need at least one manual vehicle in my life, if it’s not a Bronco it’ll have to be a buggy. But the Bronco I get will have to tow it.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Probably not, as I was trying to figure the value of Sasquatch if you have both lockers and the bilsteins with Badlands. But the letdowns on manual vs auto and the towing capacity are building a case for reconsidering other options.

With a manual you cannot:
- get a 2.7
- get Trail Turn Assist
- get Sasquatch
- not sure if Trail Control and Trail One-Pedal Driving is necessary when the whole point of a manual is me controlling the vehicle, not the vehicle controlling itself for me - but you can't get this either.

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can only hope that the feedback from this years rollout will be taken with the same consideration as the initial development did.
Back to “Ford are you listening?!!”

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not a dealbreaker in the sense that I won't get a Bronco, but maybe a dealbreaker on the sasquatch package. Might just lift it myself and get new wheels. I guess I need to figure out why they would not offer a manual to begin with. If it's not a good idea, meaning the manual won't hold up or not work well, then I'll go auto. I want my Bronco as fun as possible and that means lifted big tire manual.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a deal breaker but it does eliminate my Black Diamond w/ Sasquatch option. Only the Badlands Model has the upgraded suspension and transfer case that I want and still have a Manual option.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 40-50k? An EB. Or 3 FSBs.

Deleted member 3063

Knowing how Ford likes to play with the tune on various car/engine/transmission combinations I'm guessing, gear head opinion only, that the automatic shift mapping is going to be softer with the 35"s to protect drive line components.
Can't do that with the clutch popping gear banging drivers out there.
I love the look of the 35"s but know there is a performance/MPG trade off. Inertia, total weight and even wind resistance are all effected. I'll probably go with the 10spd, a smaller tire and the biggest gear I can order.

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The deal breaker is for the package, or so I took it. I'll still get the Bronco, but I'm not getting the package because I won't get the automatic. Wont even consider it if it can't be had with the manual.
Sponsored