Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfectly makes sense! For me, Southwest Florida doesn't have much need for a crawl gear?
Lmao from my couple years in Naples I can attest to that!
Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Taco is basically fully loaded (as much as it can be, sans the Pro) and it came in under that. Most of the ones I saw on lots at the time I went and looked (December last year) were 45+ without including the normal stuff and markup. It sucked, because I liked the idea a lot.
exactly what I saw.. factory order is the right answer, and MSRP means nothing on these jeeps. $7k off sticker is totally obtainable, especially with the $2-3000 cash on the hood.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had no idea about Sascrotch before I wanted a Bronco, deal breaker would of been Manual not being available.

If I want the package, I'll do it aftermarket combined with OEM+
The problem with aftermarket is the M190 axle. Changing that is going to be an enormous clusterfuck.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with aftermarket is the M190 axle. Changing that is going to be an enormous clusterfuck.
True, but anythings possible with $$$

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Preach it Nick, same thought process. If I have to go all the way to a badlands to get decent axles and the 2.3/7spd with useful gearing, you're at JLU Rubicon transaction $

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
True, but anythings possible with $$$
It’s true but the whole point of the Sasquatch is saving money and getting some badass stuff out of the box. The way that Ford is overcoming some of the IFS disadvantages is that you can get stuff from the factory that you have to go aftermarket for on the wrangler. By taking that away from the manual it’s an enormous loss imo.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was 50/50 on the Sasquatch package. The price was the determining factor. Now, price doesn't matter. I'm getting a manual, if I stick to the reservation. The fact that I can't even option the rear locker on the Base is annoying. How many other forced limitations has Ford put in that I haven't noticed yet?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had no idea about Sascrotch before I wanted a Bronco, deal breaker would of been Manual not being available.

If I want the package, I'll do it aftermarket combined with OEM+
I do want the front dig. If I could get the front dig, I would be good to go. For me the sasquatch package is the point of the matter. I can't stand that they are doing what every other auto maker does with a manual...limiting choices.

sascrotch, lol.

Sponsored

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be a deal breaker for me.. The base comes with some real dopey looking tires and wheels. I don't want to deal with aftermarket stuff, I've already been burned enough times with that. The base also has some underwhelming ground clearance. I primarily am looking for a vehicle with 4WD/AWD and some ground clearance, so I can save upwards of $10k getting a Subaru Crosstrek and get more ground clearance.

Might have to start looking at the Wrangler instead. I can't stomach their prices but maybe if Ford puts on enough heat they'll do some serious discounting. The Wrangler was already tempting me with arguably better looks, a real parking brake, a chunky lever for the transfer case, and a naturally aspirated engine.

We'll see what Ford does..

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
should remember this forum will account for 90% of manual sales, and 1% of total sales. fwiw.

anyway, I am only interested in the 2.7L. if manual were available on the 2.7L I would have to think long and hard but probably would have gone auto still.

even had I leaned to manual, not an issue.
That has no bearing on an individual's choice imo.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Levine must be an idiot. He said:

" Buy a Bronco with a MT and 33s. Add a bit of lift and then install 35s. Boom. "

With the Sasquatch package you get a shorter 4.7:1 final drive ratio, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks, locking axles front and rear, 17-inch "beadlock-capable" wheels and a set of fat 35-inch mud-terrain tires. It isn't just lifting the Bronco and putting on 35's.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Levine must be an idiot. He said:

" Buy a Bronco with a MT and 33s. Add a bit of lift and then install 35s. Boom. "

With the Sasquatch package you get a shorter 4.7:1 final drive ratio, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks, locking axles front and rear, 17-inch "beadlock-capable" wheels and a set of fat 35-inch mud-terrain tires. It isn't just lifting the Bronco and putting on 35's.
Other than like 1-2 people, the feedback for this has been overwhelmingly negative so I'm slightly hopeful Ford changes their tune.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they are responding to sales. not like theres a conspiracy to kill the manual... they surely did digging into what wrangler sold and responded accordingly.
Well how about this. Offer it the first year and if nothing sells, cancel it. Right. I mean is the bad press worth it?
Sponsored