First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.

Awesome! Appreciate the updates, Ross. I was hoping to have the window sticker this Monday, 6/21, but called Ford CS this morning and confirmed build date of 7/19. Excited to have a VIN but a little bummed. Hopefully this changes

My Build
4dr
Base
Sas
Aux
MIC
Combo of Sas and MIC causing the delay probably?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tracker tool has a window sticker for my OBX as of this morning.
Is it true the last 4 digits above the word BLEND on the sticker is actual production date?
That's correct! Congratulations!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

James if you just placed your order 9 days ago, it sounds as if you can expect a 2022 vehicle 3rd or 4rth quarter 2022, maybe first quarter 2023. Code 19 doesn't mean boo right now for that order date. Just think though, you will have the luxury of some new 2022/23 features.
Well that's a bummer

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is - if I have a priority code 19 on my order, does that indicate that I might still get a MY21 in calendar year 21? or am I definitely SOL? My reservation was converted on 06/09/2021 08:52:23
I think Herbie is being a little too pessimistic. Commodities are much more important than reservation dates/timestamps. No matter what your reservation date, if Ford doesn’t have the parts to fill your order (i.e., by definition, a “dirty” order), the scheduling algorithm will skip your order and find the next “clean” order that the plant can actually build.

Without knowing your exact build spec, it is practically impossible to speculate with any credibility about possible delivery dates, other than to say with a high degree of certainty that it likely won’t be as late as 2023. Ford will eventually build all 125,000 current orders in either 21MY or 22MY (no later than 2H of 2022), but if you have a very low-spec build with little or no commodity constraints (e.g., Big Bend, 4dr, soft-top, 2.3L engine, w/ no Sasquatch/tow/bull bar packages), it could be a lot earlier.

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Herbie is being a little too pessimistic. Commodities are much more important than reservation dates/timestamps. No matter what your reservation date, if Ford doesn’t have the parts to fill you order (i.e., by definition, a “dirty” order), the scheduling algorithm will skip your order and find the next “clean” order that the plant can actually build.

Without knowing your exact build spec, it is practically impossible to speculate with any credibility about possible delivery dates, other than to say with a high degree of certainty that it likely won’t be as late as 2023. Ford will eventually build all 125,000 current orders in either 21MY or 22MY (no later than 2H of 2022), but if you have a very low-spec build with little or no commodity constraints (e.g., Big Bend, 4dr, soft-top, 2.3L engine, w/ no Sasquatch/tow/bull bar packages), it could be a lot earlier.
yeah true. I've got a 4dr OBX, MIC, 2.7L engine, lux package, rear locker, towing package on order. Non sas

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're going down the assembly line together lads.
That’s really cool! :love:

Unless you’re gonna be, like, holding hands or something. Then it might be kinda awkward. 😂

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you’re gonna be, like, holding hands or something. Then it might be a little awkward.
I'm more likely handing out beers in the MAP parking lot

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] 1624027528601

Sponsored

stone_sloth

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just heard from my dealer that my Bronco got built today!!!!!!!! I haven't felt this way since my first child was born.

The line is moving ya'll!
UPDATE - I got this message from Ford early this morning. I could see delivery as soon as the 23rd!!!

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] 2021-06-18_9-08-18

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE - I got this message from Ford early this morning. I could see delivery as soon as the 23rd!!!

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] 2021-06-18_9-08-18
We'll be in New Buffalo and points north next week! I need to keep watch for you!!! Is that Carbonized?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] My Bronco10
Awesome! I'm ready to run thru a brick wall. Anybody else?
Sponsored