Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My grandfather worked for Ford for 50+ years at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant. I’ve always owned at least one Ford. Currently 3 in my garage and this Bronco will the 4th replacing a MOPAR.

That said, I really like my old JK it is replacing and looked hard a new JLU before I opted for the Bronco. It’s the differences between the two I like and I look forward to getting it. If the Bronco wasn’t coming out in the form it is I wouldn’t even be looking at it.
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm of two minds on this.

Firstly, classic Fords have a lot going on for them. The company was a quality competitor in the early days. The Bronco brand has always been higher quality than the other offerings Ford had available alongside them.

I've personally owned three Broncos. My '78 and '87 added with my father having driven a '66, '70, and '75 make me very "Brand Loyal" but really only to the Bronco badge, not the Ford Emblem.

That being said, I've owned several trucks, rigs, cars and tuners in my life and I can't say I'm brand loyal to any particular brand.

However, as I've gotten older, I've really started becoming more resistant to change. So, I keep buying Ford trucks and Kia cars. Say what you want about Kia, but they make quality vehicles if you buy the highest trim level and offer 10y/100k warranties on most of them. The same thing can be said of Ford though, you pay for what you get.

Now that I'm done waxing nostalgic and putting myself under a critical eye...

I wouldn't be buying this if it wasn't a Ford Bronco. I wouldn't have even looked at it.

It doesn't matter that it's a Ford, it matters that it's a Bronco.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco heritage is a selling point for me and that only comes from Ford.

If the Bronco was not coming out and someone else made a doors off off road vehicle to compete with Wrangler, I'd consider it.

Since the Bronco is becoming a reality, others need not apply.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry but that question makes no sense as others have already pointed out.
It is a Ford and their reputation is what makes it a Bronco.
If it were made by another company, well, it would just be "some other vehicle" and I couldn't care less. In that case, I'd still be driving an F150.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brand means nothing to me. I wouldn't buy something just because of who made it. When it comes to vehicles, I've owned Nissan, Toyota, Volvo, BMW, Jeep, Chevy and Ford. The actual vehicle, and not who made it, was why I owned each vehicle. It either performs or it doesn't. The Bronco has characteristics I'm looking for. I wouldn't care if it was being made by International Harvester and called a Scout.

Sponsored

AJK522

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely a Ford guy here, so much so I was planning on my plate to read "JEEP LOL" when I do receive my Bronco in 2023 lol, not so much a dis against Jeep guys but the Bronco will be a strong competitor against the wrangler platform and seeing how you can get lockers on a base bronco vs the highest trim level Jeep I find pretty funny, but I've owned 6 Fords, drive a Mercury now so if they were to make a "Toyota Bronco" odds are I wouldn't buy it plus the fame would rust out in a couple years if they did lol

Last edited:

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like the Bronco namesake, however I have no allegiance to Ford.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on my Ford experiences, which are admittedly not exactly all current; '69 Thunderbird (best of the bunch, second gear kickdown would give you whiplash as it lept forward, but it was a wallowing pig even in a straight line), 1974 Mustang II, 2.3 4-speed, don't ask and I won't tell how it ran and handled.), 1991 Mercury Capri, 2019 long term EcoSport rental (actually swore I would never even rent a Ford in the future), but the Bronco looked interesting and I was ready for something different, but the Ford nameplate is not a positive for me, it is a negative.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the new Defender had a removable top, or there was a new soft/removable top FJ40 variant I would consider those as well. I have had enough Chrysler products to know better...... I have had F150, Mustang, F250 and a couple Cougars and liked them all.

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is a solid name, otherwise it would depend on the maker. I wouldn't risk $55,000 on a vehicle I've never driven it if was a lesser manufacturer. If Toyota put out an FJ I would trust them as well, but not many others.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll get flamed here but brand loyalty doesn't matter, deliverables (or end products) do.

Love the Bronco and Ford makes it, grew up with it. Want one but if there is something better from another brand in my budget I'll go that route.

I will add I respect Ford, how they run, managed bailouts/etc., and is a great company in general so I do give them priority.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm no Ford guy, this will be my first domestic vehicle, but I also came along after the glory days that my dad remembers.

Although this is my first Ford, out of the domestic makers, I've always respected Ford because of the Bronco to start, but also classic Mustangs.

To me, Bronco is Americana and the fact that Ford again went to the retro design does impact how I feel when looking at this new Bronco. Sure, BMW design says always look forward; this is ok, but when your history is iconic, it just is.

I also like how Ford is run. Sure, they've made some screw ups, but who hasn't? In the end, this is a committed bunch and I see execs who actually have empowered their people to dream and reach and to have green lit this Bronco was bold as hell although it's around 5 years late.

Good times....

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
I was looking for a new vehicle 4 years ago. When Ford announced the Bronco I said “I’m going to check it out” !

If the Bronco didn’t come along I’d be driving a 2018 or 2019 4 Runner right now!

4 years later, I have an empty garage bay (car sold) waiting for the Bronco who’s Window Sticker was published yesterday!!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
The Bronco is going to be my company vehicle... and my company is only Ford... so this is VERY important to me ;)

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How would be a Ford Bronco if it wasn't made by Ford? Plus nobody wants a Pajero
Sponsored