Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my chair this is a bigger deal to Ford.

To sway me, an avid Toyota Loyalist, it took a great design that Toyota has failed to deliver. Ford deserves all the credit in the world for it's efforts in that respect. I have been very patient with this launch and with a same day, two hour reservation I'm okay waiting 2 years for this vehicle.

However.... If I take delivery and the vehicle is plagued with problems/issues that I consider excessive, well it will be the last time I ever consider a Ford.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Given the emotional draw of the past, I don't think this would work as well for me if it was something else.

Let's say Toyota brought back the FJ in some similar form: I would definitely cross shop, as I have looked at the Defender 90 and Jeep Gladiator / JL.

In this case, I am in it because of the retro vibe to my dad's 1970 Bronco back in the day - so I guess it would have to be a Ford.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
Obviously, if anyone else made it then it wouldn't be a Bronco BUT if we're talking about any other manufacturer making a door/top removable 4wd off-road beast?

I'd be more or less interested depending on who made it. Toyota or Honda? I'd be in for the long haul and almost nothing would stop me. GM or Jeep? Wouldn't have even put down a reservation.

But Ford? Kind of in the middle for me. I've got my res and I'm code 99 2022 model right now but about 50/50 on if I'll actually take delivery or get something else.

I'd be willing to overlook all kinds of faults if this were Toyota or Honda. And I'd be willing to make changes/sacrifices to my build to get it sooner if that was the case. But it's not and because I'm contemplating spending $60k on a Ford I'm waiting to get exactly what I want and not compromising.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to be “brand loyal” but I have bounced around the last handful of vehicles. I think if another company made this exact vehicle, I’d be all for it - For the most part. There’s some companies I’d avoid due to more quality concerns than others. But I am glad Ford made this for sure.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only one that would steer me away is Jeep lol. I just don't trust Mopar quality. I know its a roll of the dice with any make or model but I just don't trust em.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t care. I’m not brand loyal with vehicles. Too many awesome cars and bikes out there to own.

If it was a Nissan maybe I’d think twice, and I’m not overly impressed with some of the issues FCA has had with QC, but I’d probably still be a buyer.

I know this will get some people fired up, but I don’t care that it’s even called a Bronco. I don’t have an emotional attachment to the Bronco brand so it could be called the Ford Huge Turd and I’d still buy it. I’m here for the BOF twin locked 4x4 that has IFS and coil overs on all 4 corners. Door and roof removability are a bonus.

Not to say that the heritage and the awesome history of the Bronco isn’t really cool, it’s just not a purchasing factor for me.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Never owned a Ford so I have 0 brand loyalty by definition

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it had to be an American auto manufacturer I'm glad it's Ford. Otherwise I'd much rather have a reliable import.
This.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
My roots are with Ford, my Dad and younger brother both retired from Ford - Brookpark, OH. Bought my first one 1976 Econoline and last one was 1993 Explorer Sport. Want to end with a Ford. The Bronco fits perfectly.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely a Ford guy here, so much so I was planning on my plate to read "JEEP LOL" when I do receive my Bronco in 2023 lol, not so much a dis against Jeep guys but the Bronco will be a strong competitor against the wrangler platform and seeing how you can get lockers on a base bronco vs the highest trim level Jeep I find pretty funny, but I've owned 6 Fords, drive a Mercury now so if they were to make a "Toyota Bronco" odds are I wouldn't buy it plus the fame would rust out in a couple years if they did lol
If I saw that plate this would be my reaction…that’s grade level childish.

Ford Bronco How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? 1624457492703

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
I really don't like inferior products like Toyota , Nissan etc...The folks at Ford are the First and know how to make products...not just trucks and cars. Jeep from American motors has some secret sauce too.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Fords a lot, but not enough to deny myself the best vehicle I can get. If it was a GM product, I would get it. if it was a Toyota, maybe. If it was a Jeep or anything else, I think not. That being said, I would go look it it.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd say 60% that it's a Ford, 40% that it's made in the USA. Right here in Michigan even.

Plus they offered it with a manual (though that still feels like a bait-and-switch because you can only get it on a base or a loaded BL) and the correct number of doors.

A Mexican assembled Bronco wouldn't even be on my radar.

If I saw that plate this would be my reaction…that’s grade level childish.
I can't say that I've ever seen a vanity plate I liked. I think they are all childish.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only owned vehicles from the Big 3. I grew up a primarily GM guy but have owned many different vehicles from the Ford, GM, Chrysler family trees. Working in the automotive aftermarket, primarily focused on V8 powered American rides, I want to see them all succeed because it keeps my bills paid. But if Chevy had offered the Blazer as a true Bronco/Wrangler fighter instead of what they did it would be in play for me as well.
Sponsored