Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s Bronco, so it has to be Ford. That being said, if International released an updated Scout or Toyota release a proper FJ, I’d probably consider those as well. I’m not a Ford guy at all but I can appreciate the fact that the Bronco is and should always be a Ford.
Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dad was a Ford guy therefore I lean that way. Dad had a ‘79 Bronco so this is the dream. If wasn’t a Ford, I’ll echo others and say it wouldn’t exist as is. If Toyota did pretty much this as a new FJ, I’d be interested. If was a Jeep, no thanks. Again, family indoctrination to hate all things Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not at all. I've been unimpressed with Ford as a whole lately, and had said I would never buy another new Ford... until the Bronco came along. If another brand had something I liked better I would be all for it.

Ford quality just isn't that great...they just happen to be build more interesting stuff than the competition.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It makes zero difference to me.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those old enough to remember, Ford was the only one of the big 3 automakers not to take a bailout when things got tough. Because of that , I have stood with the Ford family for every new car purchased.

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's mostly important to me that it's American. Ford is stealing me from 13 years of GM ownership and Jeep prior to that. Never owned a Ford and I'm excited about it- not a big auto rivalry guy

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have owned more Fords than anything else. I have owned only one “foreign “ car, a “hand me down “ Camry. My 17 new and 4 used Fords have been good to me, so I am now pretty loyal. Growing up with Broncos and owning 3 makes it nostalgic as well. It’s pretty much the only reason, as others have said. If it wasn’t a Ford it wouldn’t be a Bronco 🏁🇺🇸👍🏽😉

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those old enough to remember, Ford was the only one of the big 3 automakers not to take a bailout when things got tough. Because of that , I have stood with the Ford family for every new car purchased.
I remember!👍🏽

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From a quality/reliability/value standpoint, if someone like Toyota or Nissan were to make a new Wrangler-fighter solid axle 4x4 with a manual, I'd be just as jazzed (if not more jazzed) for that vehicle than for the Bronco.

But, as far as American manufacturers go, Ford has always been my favorite. And the Bronco nameplate has unique heritage that something from one of the Japanese manufacturers wouldn't (unless Toyota did a new FJ that was akin to the old FJ40).

I guess for me it's 50/50 on really caring about it being from Ford. It's neat that it's a Ford and that the Bronco name means something. But in terms of being the type of vehicle I'm interested in purchasing at this time, I'd have been into any quality off-roader that met my requirements.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if anything, the fact that Ford is involved is a huge negative to me.

I hate Ford over the way they treated me back in the 90’s over a warranty claim on my 1994 Bronco.

They are on probation as far as I am concerned. So far, they seem to be committed to quality these days, so I am taking a chance on them again. Ford lost a lot of business from me because of that incident. I buy a new car every 3-5 years, so Ford missed out on 7 new cars they could have sold me. 2 BMW’s, 4 Subaru’s, and a Chevy. The Subarus were awesome cars. I would buy another but they quit putting manual transmissions in Outback’s. So here I am getting a manual Bronco.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
The fact it is a "Bronco" makes it better. If Ford released this same vehicle and called it the "Ford Adventurer", it wouldn't be as special.

If Nissan called this a "Pathfinder" or "Exterra" then it would be cool to, or Toyota gave it an "FJ_ _ " name, it would be just as cool.

if it were a Mazda, it would be cool, but more if a "let's wait a see how this goes" cool.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not sure I understand the question...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? 1624445034373
Sponsored