Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a Ford employee in Ohio. I am happy to answer any questions I can
I have reserved the Outerbanks trim b/c I dont plan on doing much off roading but I live in a beach & hurricane area so I would really like the marine seats, will I be able to get them with the outerbanks ?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a Ford employee in Ohio. I am happy to answer any questions I can

Ok, Iā€™ll bite with legitimate concerns (and have previously owned an 87 and 94 FSB):

1) Will the paint on Bronco production models be durable and not shitty like the 2015-current S550 Mustangs where it chips and spider webs if you look at it?

2) Will the metal body panels hold up to corrosion and not be a repeat of the S550 hoods (mind you where such corrosion has been an issue on many Fordā€™s since 2005+)?

3) How many times can the doors be removed before the A/B Pillar sockets for the wiring in the doors becomes damaged?

4). What is the weight of the 2-door Bronco roof cap and how many people does it take to remove it? Will Ford be selling a mechanical accessory for garages to remove and store the roof cap so a Bronco owner can just drive under it and reinstall?

5) What is the Interior resistance to interior water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system? Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding)? Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?

6) What is the Ford Warranty going to cover with regards to ā€œoff roadingā€ since Ford is promoting the Broncoā€˜s performance capabilities and advertising to the Public that the vehicle is designed and used for Off Roading (driving over rocks/boulders, driving through mud and driving across creek beds)?

Last edited:

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tough to follow these questions...here is a softball....

I just wanted to know if there are vents to the 2nd row seats, and where are they located.... :)

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I definitely want to know more about the white top offerings and the accessories in general. It's going to be irritating if a white top is not offered, especially after official pics of it have been released.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, Iā€™ll bite with legitimate concerns (and have previously owned an 87 and 94 FSB):

1) Will the paint on Bronco production models be durable and not shitty like the 2015-current S550 Mustangs where it chips and spider webs if you look at it?

2) Will the metal body panels hold up to corrosion and not be a repeat of the S550 hoods (mind you where such corrosion has been an issue on many Fordā€™s since 2005+)?

3) How many times can the doors be removed before the A/B Pillar sockets for the wiring in the doors becomes damaged?

4). What is the weight of the 2-door Bronco roof cap and how many people does it take to remove it? Will Ford be selling a mechanical accessory for garages to remove and store the roof cap so a Bronco owner can just drive under it and reinstall?

5) What is the Interior resistance to interior water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system? Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding)? Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?

6) What is the Ford Warranty going to cover with regards to ā€œoff roadingā€ since Ford is promoting the Broncoā€˜s performance capabilities and advertising to the Public that the vehicle is designed and used for Off Roading (driving over rocks/boulders, driving through mud and driving across creek beds)?
Great questions but you can see this guy is a salesperson at a Ford Dealer, he is not a Ford employee as he claims. He has not answered any question with any information other than that which is on Ford's website for any of us to read.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely want to know more about the white top offerings and the accessories in general. It's going to be irritating if a white top is not offered, especially after official pics of it have been released.
The Ford comms director confirmed that the brown/black interior on the showcase 2-door isn't actually an option. That doesn't bode well for the white accents on the 4-door in the same footage. :(

I really hope there's a white roof. I can't understand why they wouldn't. It's kind of iconic.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford comms director confirmed that the brown/black interior on the showcase 2-door isn't actually an option. That doesn't bode well for the white accents on the 4-door in the same footage. :(

I really hope there's a white roof. I can't understand why they wouldn't. It's kind of iconic.
Wow, I see. That certainly seems rather misleading. It will be a totally bizarre move if they've chosen to omit a white top, but it seems that they've made several bizarre decisions with this thing.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This may not be entirely true, roast/black is in the decoded list for interiors. (the saddle leather with black)

Technically what he may have meant is that particular vehicle was a one off since it had a manual transmission.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may not be entirely true, roast/black is in the decoded list for interiors. (the saddle leather with black)

Technically what he may have meant is that particular vehicle was a one off since it had a manual transmission.
I hope you're right

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance Instagram eluded to the 4 door as preproduction but with aftermarket optional features
Ford Bronco Bronco Questions? Ask a Ford dealer Screenshot_20200715-223647_Instagram

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So by aftermarket, I assume the white top is not a Ford product? Regardless, really sucks I'd have to buy another top to get what I want.
Sponsored