Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging šŸ˜± [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Hyper-sarcasm mode engaged)

....and a year or more ago y'all said I was nuts for stating that the Bronco would pull $15k to 20k over sticker. I was just a "day dreamer"..... LMAO

LOL. You guys must hate America, with its free enterprise system and all!

In many areas housing is at record prices ....should we just sell our houses for cost then, since it would be gouging to make a profit?

Surely, you would lead the way and show us the moral high ground by turning down 100k in profit, right?
...or are you a hypocrite?

Because you desire something means the person controlling it MUST sell at a level that makes you comfortable? (HUGE eyeroll)

I mean, we have a real NEED for housing, therefore prices should be controlled, right?
Let alone a measely car that will mostly be a toy for many.

I'm telling you right now, somebody offers me $20k over my total out the door cost for my Base .... I'll take it in a heart beat.... unless the market is getting more, I'll take MOAR too!!!

Let the bidding begin.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Item #0/T 2 which is a stock unit and it was built 6/11. I'm guessing this is their mannequin. They probably get harassed all day long with people wanting to buy it so maybe part of the reason for markup is to shut people up.
Ford has plenty of "Not For Sale" window stickers. Wouldn't that make more sense? Probably a dealer employee (owner/sales manager etc) who's trying to flip it. I'm not against that notion. If somebody is dumb enough to fork out an extra $20k and the employee and dealer make money, than so be it. I am just not dumb enough to do that as a buyer. To each their own. I ordered a $40k BB 2 door. I would sell it in a second to make $20k. You'd be crazy not to if people are that dumb. A dealer marking up an ordered unit as I described above is different. A dealer marking up dealer stock or a customer order who wants to flip it is fair game. These prices will level out next summer. How could anyone be so stupid to pay an extra $20,000????

smaiocco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow!!! First off as I am the Manager referenced, I feel obligated to respond. This is our test drive unit. It IS NOT a stolen, canceled, hi-jacked, or fake order of a significant other, etc. This is a vehicle that is available for all of you to come test drive and check out. OP, you were more than welcome to drive it, however it was raining while you were here and the top was off, which is why I didn't offer to you. We have had quite a few people drive it so far, and also inquire about purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately we cannot sell it for a minimum of 6 months, and 4k miles on the odom. We just ordered our accessory display yesterday and a ton of accessories that will be installed on this particular WT which will help to justify the price.

Our thought process behind putting a dealer markup sticker was simple....Supply and demand. With the great possibility that there will be no dealer inventory with the Bronco for at least a year and having a product with such demand, we, and any other dealer in the country would be foolish not to ask for what very possibly, may be under market value.

To be clear, this Bronco cannot be sold yet.

I, like most of you, have an unscheduled-clean order waiting to be built, and cant wait! I can also say that every one of our customers that ordered with us, received a signed purchase agreement with an agreed upon price that was fair. I hope that all of you received the same thing from your dealers!

Lastly OP I did not turn away from you when you told me your price at your dealer. I did say that it was aggressive and was glad to hear that you got a great deal. We talked for a minute or two, and I invited you back to drive it when the weather turned around. But thank you for the shoutout!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has plenty of "Not For Sale" window stickers. Wouldn't that make more sense? Probably a dealer employee (owner/sales manager etc) who's trying to flip it. I'm not against that notion. If somebody is dumb enough to fork out an extra $20k and the employee and dealer make money, than so be it. I am just not dumb enough to do that as a buyer. To each their own.
What Iā€™m saying is if it was a special order (customer/employee) it would be special order on the window sticker. This one was not built for anyone in particular so no one is flipping it. Itā€™s just dealer stock.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, I didnā€™t criticize anyone or anything... I rarely ever have. I donā€™t begrudge anyone for whatever they make for whatever they do. I was only pointing out that people donā€™t pay attention to what they are paying over and above in all scenarios.

Btw... I can design and build my own damn house... along with most anything else I want/need. I also personally know general contractors, and have from the time they started at the bottom just hanging Sheetrock. Most of my family is or has been in construction for most of my life... so thereā€™s that.

I donā€™t mean to be coarse, but...
...but you were. I didnā€™t minimize how you make a living.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
What Iā€™m saying is if it was a special order (customer/employee) it would be special order on the window sticker. This one was not built for anyone in particular so no one is flipping it. Itā€™s just dealer stock.
Okay. I wasn't aware the stickers were different. If you're right, how are dealers getting stock units? The mannequins?

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If someoneā€™s willing to pay then more power to them.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we actually discussing ADM and Hawaii vacations? And how the costs compare? Judging whether a $20K ADM is worth it compared to what a Hawaii vacation costs? I believe we have hit a new high in first world problems. Spend your money how you want. Whether you want to spend $20K on a Hawaii vacation or be frugal and keep it under $5K, do as you please. If someone wants to spend $20K on ADM because they want it now and didn't spend a night last July hitting refresh, that is their problem. I can smugly know I paid less (compared to MSRP) than most.
Lol I donā€™t know how it came up but it related to me somehow. Iā€™ve already forgot how.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow!!! First off as I am the Manager referenced, I feel obligated to respond. This is our test drive unit. It IS NOT a stolen, canceled, hi-jacked, or fake order of a significant other, etc. This is a vehicle that is available for all of you to come test drive and check out. OP, you were more than welcome to drive it, however it was raining while you were here and the top was off, which is why I didn't offer to you. We have had quite a few people drive it so far, and also inquire about purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately we cannot sell it for a minimum of 6 months, and 4k miles on the odom. We just ordered our accessory display yesterday and a ton of accessories that will be installed on this particular WT which will help to justify the price.

Our thought process behind putting a dealer markup sticker was simple....Supply and demand. With the great possibility that there will be no dealer inventory with the Bronco for at least a year and having a product with such demand, we, and any other dealer in the country would be foolish not to ask for what very possibly, may be under market value.

I, like most of you, have an unscheduled-clean order waiting to be built, and cant wait! I can also say that every one of our customers that ordered with us, received a signed purchase agreement with an agreed upon price that was fair. I hope that all of you received the same thing from your dealers!

Lastly OP I did not turn away from you when you told me your price at your dealer. I did say that it was aggressive and was glad to hear that you got a great deal. We talked for a minute or two, and I invited you back to drive it when the weather turned around. But thank you for the shoutout!
Thanks for setting things straight. People hate ADM but I understand where youā€™re coming from. Might want to address these things before they get out of hand in the future.
Okay. I wasn't aware the stickers were different. If you're right, how are dealers getting stock units? The mannequins?
yes, as clarified by the dealer in the above post.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

(Hyper-sarcasm mode engaged)

....and a year or more ago y'all said I was nuts for stating that the Bronco would pull $15k to 20k over sticker. I was just a "day dreamer"..... LMAO

LOL. You guys must hate America, with its free enterprise system and all!

In many areas housing is at record prices ....should we just sell our houses for cost then, since it would be gouging to make a profit?

Surely, you would lead the way and show us the moral high ground by turning down 100k in profit, right?
...or are you a hypocrite?

Because you desire something means the person controlling it MUST sell at a level that makes you comfortable? (HUGE eyeroll)

I mean, we have a real NEED for housing, therefore prices should be controlled, right?
Let alone a measely car that will mostly be a toy for many.

I'm telling you right now, somebody offers me $20k over my total out the door cost for my Base .... I'll take it in a heart beat.... unless the market is getting more, I'll take MOAR too!!!

Let the bidding begin.
So since many of our home values have gone up 30% in this crazy market, is that good or bad? :unsure:

/s

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So since many of our home values have gone up 30% in this crazy market, is that good or bad? :unsure:

/s

It's only good if you're selling.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Went by Bod Davison Ford today to look at the blue Wildtrak 2 door and saw this šŸ˜±
BC154AA7-67AD-4FB0-999F-08C375EE353B.jpeg
Interesting, I just test drove this yesterday and the salesman showed me the window sticker and I didn't recall seeing this. I thought I saw MSRP at 48k but no additional markup. The salesman indicated a new window sticker would likely have to be rendered since this was used as a demo.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hahahaha be careful what you share on Bronco6G! Big props to this man for standing up for himself.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's only good if you're selling.
Or refinancing 2 years after purchasing and get to remove PMI and lower your payment $400 a month based on inflated home values.

Status
Not open for further replies.