"In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco"

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Look at all these adults trying and succeeding in coming off as petulant children. Then again, this is the extreme 1-2% of Bronco reservation holders (fanboys?), so this was entirely expected right after I saw the video and hopped over to this forum. As for the whole "hE rEad tHe jEEp CEO's TeXt!!", do we really honestly believe the Ford marketing monster is that fragile that it would hurt anything at all?
Very interesting actually, I did not consider that aspect of the video to be all that confrontational as it is a fairly regular thing in the industry to speak to high ups and execs. We also mention other products on pretty much every vehicle launch, we aren’t a PR agency! If there is news relevant to a consumers decision, I do feel an obligation to report on it in a transparent way.

If you think that is crazy some journalists even contract with the OEM’s on development of new vehicles they then go on to review. That’s always blown my mind.

I appreciate the feedback though, makes me better. The goal of this vid is not to promote the Wrangler or Bronco, rather help educate consumers on the positive and negative aspects of the different products within a segment.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This video was pure BS lip service. An ad for jeep and the dealership to be more precise. He admitted to ordering the Wrangler in April, he never considered buying the bronco since he hadn't even tested one yet. He admitted to getting a discount, followed by mentioning the dealership and that you could get almost the exact Wrangler from them right now (the one he originally ordered but didn't want. Que the "Sunday Sunday Sunday" sales pitch). Seems like a behind the scenes ad campaign to me! Plus, the whole time it just sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he made the right choice by not waiting for the bronco.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at all these adults trying and succeeding in coming off as petulant children. Then again, this is the extreme 1-2% of Bronco reservation holders (fanboys?), so this was entirely expected right after I saw the video and hopped over to this forum. As for the whole "hE rEad tHe jEEp CEO's TeXt!!", do we really honestly believe the Ford marketing monster is that fragile that a single off-hand comment would hurt anything at all other than people's feelings on this forum?
him having contact with the CEO isnt an issue and never was

him recording himself recieving a text from the jeep CEO while sitting in a ford bronco and saying "oh by the way this extremely popular selling point in this vehicle we are reviewing? guess what jeep has it too!" is pretty insane and bottom of the barrel as far as integrity goes.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

him recording himself recieving a text from the jeep CEO while sitting in a ford bronco and saying "oh by the way this extremely popular selling point in this vehicle we are reviewing? guess what jeep has it too!" is pretty insane and bottom of the barrel as far as integrity goes.
Man who's extremely biased about a car he's never driven accuses someone else of being biased simply for thoroughly explaining his choice and inviting folks to agree or disagree.

It's hilarious to me that people on this forum (who apparently can't understand the fact that they themselves are wildly biased) choose to get bent out of shape because of pretty fair opinion videos. For godsakes, the guy even praises the Bronco both in general and very specifically points out items that he believes superior to the Jeep.

I much, much prefer the Bronco (here's to hopefully taking delivery in August!) to the Jeep for a wide variety of reasons, but I also understand that's based on my preferences and what I care about. Ascribing to some religious view that the Bronco is inherently better is a fool's errand...because "better" means different things to different people. I'd urge you to try to understand that.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haha, if you are a grown up and you really think this guy happened to receive a text from the CEO of FCA (or whoever owns them now) while he happened to be doing a YouTube review to tell him personally that they are doing a 35" build, you really need to lay off the interwebs a while and let your brain cool down. He admits he is not getting any special kickbacks from anyone, but he's sms buddies with the CEO?

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can tell we aren't going to change your mind, but I just don't see a problem with it. It's news relevant to the review and competition (i.e., this very popular feature and selling point is no longer exclusive to Ford). The fact that it is a text shouldn't really matter vs. an email, DM, request for comment, etc.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, if you are a grown up and you really think this guy happened to receive a text from the CEO of FCA (or whoever owns them now) while he happened to be doing a YouTube review to tell him personally that they are doing a 35" build, you really need to lay off the interwebs a while and let your brain cool down. He admits he is not getting any special kickbacks from anyone, but he's sms buddies with the CEO?
its in the video

he literally pulls out his phone and says it

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the dude who , in the middle of his "review" for the bronco pulls out his phone and says the CEO of jeep texted him and announced they would ALSO have a sasquatch package.
I seen this video on YouTube and noticed in the comment section some jeep trolls making shit up like the new bronco top leaks water and overheats I have heard of no such issues

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

its in the video

he literally pulls out his phone and says it

Come on, that isn't what he says or how it was presented. Says its a text, from the CEO, saying that Jeep revealed a new model in response. In a video comparing the Bronco to a Jeep, as they are going through the comparison at the end.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I am right here ya know ;)

I disagree, Everything we do has to be transparent.
*includes paid promotion

You don't say!
Ford Bronco "In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco" Screenshot_20210703-120441_Brave
Nope that "includes paid promotion" was for our Partner OnX off-road, there was an ad in that video and we are required to disclose it. As I said before we won't take payment from any vehicle manufacturer. Not Ford. Not Jeep. Not Kawasaki. None.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am right here ya know ;)

I disagree, Everything we do has to be transparent.

Nope that "includes paid promotion" was for our Partner OnX off-road, there was an ad in that video and we are required to disclose it. As I said before we won't take payment from any vehicle manufacturer. Not Ford. Not Jeep. Not Kawasaki. None.
you are not allowed to take payment. But you are allowed to stay in nice hotels , get merch and swag and get various "free" things from the company giving you exclusive access.
Sponsored