Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They already said that they will not build soft tops until September to allow for the install of the hard top prep. They will still be building MIC tops. This leads to the conclusion that August will be a shit ton of 2 doors Westbago has 2 weeks to catch up this month. Hope mine is one of them...
Agreed, I think that is why a ton of us got moved to the first three weeks in August. Everyone that I saw that was moved was MIC or two door. But all those wholes were filled by people with VINs. Then they added so new VINs a couple of weeks ago that were mainly FEs with a few other MIC trims mixed in. How much room is left šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke to the GM of my dealer today. They had a meeting with their Ford rep early last week. According to them, if you have the MIC roof on your order, have not received a build date, and are not a FE or WT, then you will not see you Bronco until 2022. I have a Badlands with MIC on order, reserved 48 hours after opening and no build date. I know everybody is hearing various info from their dealer and Ford but has anybody else heard this from their dealer?

I reached out to the GM because late last week I asked my Bronco rep if changing to soft top would speed things up and he said no, they are seeing MIC builds slowly trickle through and it could ramp up quickly.

So, who the hell do I believe here? Lol I want to trust the GM but he could easily be feeding me some story to help out his own business interests.
Sorry I donā€™t have time to read all 9 pages right now so if someone else asked this already I apologize.

Why would WTā€™s be prioritized over any other model? It has the most built-in restraints doesnā€™t have to be built as a MY 21 like FEā€™s do?

Iā€™m a day 2 WT res and am not expecting a Bronco till next year so just curious what your dealer has to say?

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where does that leave the 2Dr people?
looking like desperate fools at the high school dance hoping that hot girl will dance with you

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe thats whats taking mine so long. I opted not to take the free sound deadening headliner and now theyre like oh shit....what do we do with this...we didnt anticipate this.
I also never opted for the free headliner because my original Bronco rep thought he knew everything and said it would be automatically applied even though I had MGV seats. Guy sent it to me the day before the change deadline and I couldnā€™t get him the signed copy in time. Still ticks me off lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry I donā€™t have time to read all 9 pages right now so if someone else asked this already I apologize.

Why would WTā€™s be prioritized over any other model? It has the most built-in restraints doesnā€™t have to be built as a MY 21 like FEā€™s do?

Iā€™m a day 2 WT res and am not expecting a Bronco till next year so just curious what your dealer has to say?
I wish I knew, but only Ford has those answers. This is purely speculation in this thread based on feedback from my dealers GM today. I was asking him about MIC tops and if switching to soft top on my Badlands would change much. He proceeded to tell me that if I donā€™t get a soft top, then I would be a 2022 based on what their Ford rep said. This had nothing to do with all the other restraints. My assumption is that since Wildtrak and First Editions can only be ordered with hard tops so those orders would basically get first look if MIC tops were ready to go. I am pretty sure they also get first dibs on Sasquatch parts because it is stock on that trim. Could be wrong, hope I am because I am a Badlands guy šŸ˜† but I can see why they would hold MIC tops for trims that require it, not that it is ideal since everything was supposed to be based on ā€œreservation timestampā€

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call bullshit too. Why would a later WT take priority over an early BL? It wonā€™t.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
None of this makes sense- And I truly believe that all of these dealers are guessing.

My Badlands with SAS, Lux, Tow, 2.7. auto, Mic top got the magic email BEFORE my FE that was reserved First.

if 1/4 of why is being bantered about here was true, it is not showing up as reality.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call bullshit too. Why would a later WT take priority over an early BL? It wonā€™t.
I hope you are correct. I can see the reasoning on both sides and why Ford would deviate since all the craziness that has been going on since initial reveal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of this makes sense- And I truly believe that all of these dealers are guessing.

My Badlands with SAS, Lux, Tow, 2.7. auto, Mic top got the magic email BEFORE my FE that was reserved First.

if 1/4 of why is being bantered about here was true, it is not showing up as reality.
Thank you for the insight. I assume both orders were at the same dealer? This is very interesting. Literally backwards from what was expected lol

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when I hear this I automatically think opposite as it's been proven here time and time again that dealers for the most part are clueless morons.
While I mostly agree with you, ( and thatā€™s why you said, ā€œ for the most partā€) we have some great dealers here that have given us a lot of great information, and I am grateful to them.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to happen more often.
I was firm, absolute in my build after the initial waffling back and forth and playing with the build tool to configure 40,852 different scenarios.

Now I find myself taking a hard, logical look at all of that and weighing how much I actually want or need whatever option/trim/package in actuality.
4dr BL 2.7, high here and oddly enough a 2 Dr, BD squatch is tempting me, as is going all the way down the chain to a basesquatch.
If I did that My order effectively drops by $20K (roughly), and thatā€™s a chunk of $$.
And Iā€™m just one. If only 100 people chose the same path thatā€™s 2 mil of potential sales down the tubes.
20k can buy a metric fukton of aftermarket wonderfulness.
My Badlands high build is $47K, the Black Diamond is $38.5K, and the base is $30.5K. Iā€™m doing a 2 door manual no matter what. I do want MGV for the beach, the locker is also desirable, so Black Diamond. I really want heated seats, the front locker and heavier diff etc, so Badlands Mid. While Iā€™m there I might as well get the 12ā€ screen/360 camera and all the tech stuff, so Badlands High.

Truth be told a Base with some aftermarket wheels and 265/70R17 tires would do everything I need and saving $14K would be great (figuring $2500 for wheels and tires). The Bronco will be a weekend car for me, I have a work truck and my wife has a 21 Tacoma TRD OR. The only off-roading nearby is the beach, and the Tacoma has the beach sticker. My Bronco will likely see less than 5K miles per year until the Tacoma lease is up.

I could easily go base now, save the money, then order another Bronco in a few years when they have shit sorted out. Selling off a base in 2-3 years should be easy. The risk is that the price could skyrocket with inflation, and they could drop the manual in that time. Iā€™ve had two 10 speed trucks now with great results, my 2020 Raptor and my current 2021 Chevy 1500 ecodiesel work truck, but I do want to keep a manual in the family as long as possible.

$20K for offroad goodies sounds like a good thing, but in reality you canā€™t achieve the same level of factory integration. Adding the 12ā€ screen? Difficult. Adding the M210 front diff, regearing both axles, and making that shit work with the Goat modes? Difficult. Adding the better transfer case and AWD? Difficult. Having all that crap under extended warranty? Impossible. Can you accessorize a Bronco to make a base better? Yes, but it will never be as well integrated as factory.

Link1016

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer called me a couple a week or so ago and told me that Ford was converting MIC tops to soft tops (with Hard Top prep) on any of the two doors and that he though that I might get a VIN in August and if that happened my WT would be delivered with a soft top. Now.. Small town, only Ford dealer in a hundred mile radius, in the middle of nowhere... doesn't really have a massive Bronco herd of customers.. well under 20 confirmed orders I think and I'm close to the front of the line even with a 9/6 timestamp. I don't think he is as informed as a lot of the other dealers out there.. so "grain of salt", but according to him, if my order actually makes the cut for a MY/21, it will probably be delivered as a soft top. Reading all this - Maybe my dealer got it a little wrong and Ford is planning to use whatever MIC tops are left only on the higher end trims like FE and WT with everything else getting the soft top.

Just a thought

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for the insight. I assume both orders were at the same dealer? This is very interesting. Literally backwards from what was expected lol
same dealer and within minutes of each other. 300 plus ordered 100+ allocations and both of mine are in the top 10 time stamps. Badlands is schedule for week of 8/9. FE is MIA. If what everyone is saying is true, my Badlands would never be built in 2021.

Badlands doesn't have leather and is Race Red, FE doesn't have tow, and is Lightning Blue. Those are the only differences in options.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.