Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my opinion but the wild track can change to a different model if someone wants to change to soft top so it should not get priority. The FE should only because Ford said they would be built this year.
the 2Dr should because there is no other option or model that you can change to. Outside of that the should still be built by TIMESTAMP ONLY because this is what Ford promised in the beginning.
if they need to fill the schedule due to parts constraints so be it no one will hold that against them but at least make an effort to full fill the promises made a year ago when your most loyal customers jumped at the chance we had been waiting on for sooooooooo long.

Come on FoMoCo
You say that Wiltrac orders can change to a different model , but 2drs canā€™t so 2 drs should get a priority. The 2 dr has options also, they can go 4dr with a soft top.

To someone who set on the WT , itā€™s as hard to change as someone who is set on the 2dr.

I donā€™t see a priority here.
I agree with the rest of your statement. šŸ‘
Sponsored

BareBack

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to have a Bronco yesterday, but honestly I'm hearing about some manufacturing defects in these new models, not properly painted, hard tops with jagged edges, etc. etc. I can wait another year if I have to before ordering mine, even though the wait is hard. Maybe this time next year they'll have it together a little better.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll add some civility to this cluster fuck of a thread.

Thank you for your service!
Haha civility is always needed and thanks!! We all in the same boat, I'd be happy with just more content. How to videos and 2.3L 4dr action to help me decide if I should stick with the 2.7L A or switch to 2.3L M ... I could use the extra money for mods šŸ¤”

Kniven3

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke to the GM of my dealer today. They had a meeting with their Ford rep early last week. According to them, if you have the MIC roof on your order, have not received a build date, and are not a FE or WT, then you will not see you Bronco until 2022. I have a Badlands with MIC on order, reserved 48 hours after opening and no build date. I know everybody is hearing various info from their dealer and Ford but has anybody else heard this from their dealer?

I reached out to the GM because late last week I asked my Bronco rep if changing to soft top would speed things up and he said no, they are seeing MIC builds slowly trickle through and it could ramp up quickly.

So, who the hell do I believe here? Lol I want to trust the GM but he could easily be feeding me some story to help out his own business interests.
My dealer in AZ is saying the same. Only 30 to 50 hard tops are being made daily. It's a mess.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe thats whats taking mine so long. I opted not to take the free sound deadening headliner and now theyre like oh shit....what do we do with this...we didnt anticipate this.
The free fabric lining is covering cosmetic imperfections in the hardtop interior. (Hopefully nothing more than that.) Some people thought it was for temperature or sound deadening. I never bought into that, and stated at the time it was likely for cosmetics, because that made the most sense.

Here is a photo I took of a 2-door hardtop interior. You can see the fabric and some area around the latch where the fabric does not cover the top interior. See what I mean? Personally I don't care if the hardtop interior is not perfect (as long as it isn't structurally compromised or hideous looking.)

We'll know more when some owner peels the carpet off, or someone gets a non-carpeted order fulfilled.

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 HardtopInteriorCloseu

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The free fabric lining is covering cosmetic imperfections in the hardtop interior. (Hopefully nothing more than that.) Some people thought it was for temperature or sound deadening. I never bought into that, and stated at the time it was likely for cosmetics, because that made the most sense.

Here is a photo I took of a 2-door hardtop interior. You can see the fabric and some area around the latch where the fabric does not cover the top interior. See what I mean? Personally I don't care if the hardtop interior is not perfect (as long as it isn't structurally compromised or hideous looking.)

We'll know more when some owner peels the carpet off, or someone gets a non-carpeted order fulfilled.

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 HardtopInteriorCloseu
I dont know how its fastened to the plastic roof. I figure its probably glued. If that top sits in my work parking lot here in the hot TN summer sun and comes unglued I would be pissed. Not uncommon to see 115-120deg on that asphalt parking lot.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke to the GM of my dealer today. They had a meeting with their Ford rep early last week. According to them, if you have the MIC roof on your order, have not received a build date, and are not a FE or WT, then you will not see you Bronco until 2022. I have a Badlands with MIC on order, reserved 48 hours after opening and no build date. I know everybody is hearing various info from their dealer and Ford but has anybody else heard this from their dealer?

I reached out to the GM because late last week I asked my Bronco rep if changing to soft top would speed things up and he said no, they are seeing MIC builds slowly trickle through and it could ramp up quickly.

So, who the hell do I believe here? Lol I want to trust the GM but he could easily be feeding me some story to help out his own business interests.
Ford has repeatedly said the Hardtop is a big problem. They have given everyone until July 16 to change to a soft top and receive the hardtop prep package for free thus giving you a change at an earlier build. If you really want your Bronco sooner and are willing to go with the soft top you can change your order before July 16th and see what happens. If you donā€™t get a MY21 build, you can always change it back.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at all the car and truck lots at the dealerships and they are still empty. How can they produce enough vehicles to make up for that and then worry about a Bronco the most important vehicle they need to be making.

Sponsored

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd love to have a Bronco yesterday, but honestly I'm hearing about some manufacturing defects in these new models, not properly painted, hard tops with jagged edges, etc. etc. I can wait another year if I have to before ordering mine, even though the wait is hard. Maybe this time next year they'll have it together a little better.
Thinking the exact same thing. I'm already waiting to order the MY22 in Sept (hopefully) and sit back and wait. This gives me time to reconsider a lot. Not just what build options but even potentially looking Jeep. Time will tell

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my dealer rep via email ,if the ā€œ Ford accepting orders from reservation holders for MY 22 would open on Sept 13ā€ rumor was in fact true. He replied, ā€œ to my knowledge ,the MIC tops are causing people to switch to soft topsā€. Chaos is alive and well.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wish I knew, but only Ford has those answers. This is purely speculation in this thread based on feedback from my dealers GM today. I was asking him about MIC tops and if switching to soft top on my Badlands would change much. He proceeded to tell me that if I donā€™t get a soft top, then I would be a 2022 based on what their Ford rep said. This had nothing to do with all the other restraints.

So I think I got this, let me summarize:

1) Your dealer said, he heard from the Ford rep...
>>> Now you have been here long enough to know how credible most dealers' information is.

2) "He proceeded to tell me that if I donā€™t get a soft top, then I would be a 2022"
>>> Now of course this has nothing to do with the fact your dealer's GM knows he will not make a single penny off of your sale until 2022 so if he can lie or scare you into changing to a soft top he gets the sale in 2021. Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that dealerships are hurting as there are few cars or trucks to sell with the chip shortages. The GM knows his end of the year sales will look terrible and he will not get his bonus unless he figures out how to convince customers to buy now.

3) Some forum members need to take their BS detectors in for calibration.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands high build is $47K, the Black Diamond is $38.5K, and the base is $30.5K. Iā€™m doing a 2 door manual no matter what. I do want MGV for the beach, the locker is also desirable, so Black Diamond. I really want heated seats, the front locker and heavier diff etc, so Badlands Mid. While Iā€™m there I might as well get the 12ā€ screen/360 camera and all the tech stuff, so Badlands High.

Truth be told a Base with some aftermarket wheels and 265/70R17 tires would do everything I need and saving $14K would be great (figuring $2500 for wheels and tires). The Bronco will be a weekend car for me, I have a work truck and my wife has a 21 Tacoma TRD OR. The only off-roading nearby is the beach, and the Tacoma has the beach sticker. My Bronco will likely see less than 5K miles per year until the Tacoma lease is up.

I could easily go base now, save the money, then order another Bronco in a few years when they have shit sorted out. Selling off a base in 2-3 years should be easy. The risk is that the price could skyrocket with inflation, and they could drop the manual in that time. Iā€™ve had two 10 speed trucks now with great results, my 2020 Raptor and my current 2021 Chevy 1500 ecodiesel work truck, but I do want to keep a manual in the family as long as possible.

$20K for offroad goodies sounds like a good thing, but in reality you canā€™t achieve the same level of factory integration. Adding the 12ā€ screen? Difficult. Adding the M210 front diff, regearing both axles, and making that shit work with the Goat modes? Difficult. Adding the better transfer case and AWD? Difficult. Having all that crap under extended warranty? Impossible. Can you accessorize a Bronco to make a base better? Yes, but it will never be as well integrated as factory.
Yeah it was more rhetorical than anything. The 20k comment was to illustrate the fact One could potentially be tempted to go cheaper, have a very capable ride, and save some $.

No way in hell would I spend 34k on a vehicle and immediately drop another 20k into it.
unless that sum ended up netting a vehicle worth 6 figures, like a Super Bee or 66 Shelby.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was on vacation and offline for 3 weeks, but the Ford email about getting the hard tops was a shock. Everyone is talking about the MIC top in this thread, that's the cheap looking one, gray being the only "color" and it looks like cheap plastic. What about the Modular Painted top? That's what I had ordered, the email implied you won't get one this year, or next year. That is an unprecedented delay in a consumer item that is produced every year. Like buying a refrigerator be being told the handles can't be built. So the MOD top goes from late 21, to 22, to 23 and your option is to cancel it and get a soft top. That, my friends, is a travesty.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.