Sponsored

Tow capacity will keep me from switching...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota Tundra TRD Pro: 10,200 lbs. towing

1595004594352.png
My Truck tow's 11k (Forget the exact #), but it's a Full sized pickup like the Tundra that doesn't come topless or with Stick

End of the day, Pickups are a different breed of animals, no matter how capable they are

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this week is a reckoning for some of us. I probably need a Ranger more than a Bronco because it'll be my DD. I can tow, have the bed, get decent gas mileage, and have plenty of off-road performance for my needs.

But the kid in me wants something that looks like a Hotwheel and can do silly stuff with it. We'll see if junior me or adult me wins out. ?

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're comparing a half-ton to a three-quarter ton. Completely different classes.

yelirny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless they are only fitting it with a Class II hitch like I saw in one of the documents... then you are stuck with 3500 regardless of what it can do.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4 door and two door towing capacity will be the same.

i doubt anyone in Colorado will be running into this issue
I can almost guarantee that the 4 door and 2 door will not have the same towing capacity.

I doubt you're going to be doing any rock crawling over in Florida

If you really need something that can comfortably tow 6500+ lbs the Bronco was never for you. Maybe you should be looking at some other vehicles that would better fit your needs and can still do the occasional off-roading you want.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a feeling things will change spec wise closer to launch. Anyone else remember the HP/TQ increase of the new Powerstroke announced at launch to make it king of the hill again? I could see them doing the same and sandbagging it now.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Truck tow's 11k (Forget the exact #), but it's a Full sized pickup like the Tundra that doesn't come topless or with Stick

End of the day, Pickups are a different breed of animals, no matter how capable they are
Totally agree. I was being a bit of a smart ass. ?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, maybe someone can school me on this. We're thinking of getting the bronco, but in the future want to potentiality buy a small popup camper, or two snowmobiles, or a small family boat for fishing on the lake. All of those would work with the 3500lb limit except the boat right? We would need 5000 at least?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, maybe someone can school me on this. We're thinking of getting the bronco, but in the future want to potentiality buy a small popup camper, or two snowmobiles, or a small family boat for fishing on the lake. All of those would work with the 3500lb limit except the boat right? We would need 5000 at least?
It depends on what size boat. They come in all different shapes and sizes. My Ranger bass boat with trailer is under 3,000 pounds total so a Bronco works for me. Other people might not be so lucky though.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like many of you, I really was anticipating the new Bronco launch. I was extremely impressed by the engineering and design feats made by Ford. It’s a very good looking rig.

I watched the release getting more and more excited UNTIL I read the towing capacity. This was a really key opportunity to pull away two large segments of buyers(existing pickup owners and current Jeep owners). With both segments, I think towing capacity was a big deciding factor. I live in Florid, and the ability to tow a boat when needed is critical. For that reason, you see a lot of pickup trucks. You also see/hear a ton of Jeep owners wondering why they paid 30-50k for practically no towing capacity.

3500 lbs is NOTHING. It doesn’t even match the Ford Ranger.

I, like most Americans, don’t have the money to plop down 40-50k on multiple vehicles to serve multiple purposes.

I hope someone at Ford will read this and consider it for the future.
As you allude to, you need to pick the right tool for the job. A midsize SUV such as Wrangler or Bronco may not be the right tool when it comes to hauling because of their size and weight. Where I live, in Central Calif, wakeboard boats are very common and a full size SUV/Pickup is required to tow them because they can weigh as much as 7,500-8,000 lbs w/trailer. The Bronco is rated to tow a bass boat or small runabout, but that’s about it. A Bronco is not the same as a Ranger, as the Ranger will have additional components that allow for hauling additional weight ala Gladiator to Wrangler. Hauling medium to large travel trailers is not what the Bronco was built for either.

OP
OP

FLTrojan21

Base
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma SR5 XSP
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can almost guarantee that the 4 door and 2 door will not have the same towing capacity.

I doubt you're going to be doing any rock crawling over in Florida

If you really need something that can comfortably tow 6500+ lbs the Bronco was never for you. Maybe you should be looking at some other vehicles that would better fit your needs and can still do the occasional off-roading you want.
That’s probably Ford’s answer too. Why sell you one vehicle that meets all your needs when we can simply sell you two?

Well Mr. Ford, because some of us don’t like to be leveraged to the tilt in loan payments.

Everything about the Bronco appeals to me. I’d love to see a day where I can take my roof and doors off and tow my 5000 lb boat while doing so, that just seems like America to me...
Sponsored