Sponsored

Tow capacity will keep me from switching...

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Joking aside, just how much weight are people wanting to tow?
My guess the only other toy you could bring that exceeds the weight is a boat. Which I get, if you had a family of 5 and wanted to take the Bronco and the boat out for a weekend, that could be difficult.

But 3,500 lbs. should have most other toys covered like ATVs, tear drop trailer, jet skis, jon boats, lawn trailers...it pretty much has everything covered.
Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If only they had released the f150 bronco prototype instead of the lame bronco sport..we could all be happy.
There's no market for the FSB because it's already filled by the F150 and the Raptor. There's a gap in the small off-road SUV portfolio for Ford. Makes way more business sense.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope. Or If I do, it will be a small trailer. Got a truck for real towing. I imagine the majority of buyers are not too concerned about towing capacity as this is really not the best platform for towing, anything heavy anyway.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but unless you're trading in your Ram, shouldn't be an issue now, right?

Truth be told, in the year and half I've owned my Ram, never towed
I was planning on trading in my Ram. My boat with trailer is under 3,000 pounds though so it shouldn’t be an issue. I was gonna get a four door Bronco also which should have more pulling power than the two door version.

yelirny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was really hoping for 5,000 lbs towing on the 4 door. May keep me from considering. I don't absolutely need it, but 3500 limits a lot of options. Wasn't expecting a pickup truck towing capacity, but was also hoping for more than my Edge can tow...

Sponsored
OP
OP

FLTrojan21

Base
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma SR5 XSP
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 door and two door towing capacity will be the same. Can someone explain to me why we are in the year 2020 and no one can seem to produce a vehicle that has a chassis and suspension capable of occasional off-roading and towing capacity of 6500 plus lbs?

Y’all don’t have this problem either A)because you don’t have an expensive toy you need to tow, B)can simply afford to have two 40k vehicles in your driveway, or C)prefer to let a vehicle decide what you can or cannot do in your off time.

i doubt anyone in Colorado will be running into this issue, but there better be a wider target audience for this vehicle than your dedicated off road enthusiasts...otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend putting any money in Ford stock

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning on trading in my Ram. My boat with trailer is under 3,000 pounds though so it shouldn’t be an issue. I was gonna get a four door Bronco also which should have more pulling power than the two door version.
That makes sense.

Shame the Virus happened btw, I was supposed to visit Greensville in May, but at least there's still Dallas in September

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door and two door towing capacity will be the same. Can someone explain to me why we are in the year 2020 and no one can seem to produce a vehicle that has a chassis and suspension capable of occasional off-roading and towing capacity of 6500 plus lbs?
Jeep Gladiator fits the bill

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
76943115.jpg

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro: 10,200 lbs. towing

Ford Bronco Tow capacity will keep me from switching... 1595004594352

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4Can someone explain to me why we are in the year 2020 and no one can seem to produce a vehicle that has a chassis and suspension capable of occasional off-roading and towing capacity of 6500 plus lbs?
Well, I can only afford one toy, so that limits the amount of additional toys I can haul....so that's nice. lol

It's a combination of cost, federal safety guidelines, and physics. It's like the old saying goes...cheap, safe, and fast: pick two.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y’all don’t have this problem either A)because you don’t have an expensive toy you need to tow, B)can simply afford to have two 40k vehicles in your driveway, or C)prefer to let a vehicle decide what you can or cannot do in your off time.

i doubt anyone in Colorado will be running into this issue, but there better be a wider target audience for this vehicle than your dedicated off road enthusiasts...otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend putting any money in Ford stock
I'm pretty sure they won't have a problem selling the bronco, but hey I ain't buying it to tow. I also don't see many wranglers running around with trailers and they sell.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enough to tow my jet skis or travel trailer which good enough for me.

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. One vehicle can’t excel at all duties. Bronco clearly prioritizes off road capability over towing. Just like the wrangler. And Raptor.
ZR2 as well. And the Gladiator Rubicon trim (albeit that one was only nerfed a little).

Off road vehicles aren't meant to tow well, it is what it is. But I do wonder if the tow package in the end will be a class III with 4-5k for the LWB Broncos. I'm getting a 2dr if I do get one, and absolutely don't want to deal with towing anything near the limit with something like that.
Sponsored