First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go test drive a ranger if you have concerns a little different weight and gearing but you'll get the idea. The 2.3 is Virtually bulletproof.
I will for sure before placing an actual order, but power isn't my doubt. I currently drive a Subaru Forester with like 130 horse power and love it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
diesel is just to slow and expensive for real world.

but yes. The bronco only needs 250 hp. Give or take. Because it’s going to be limited to 120mph because most AT MT tires are only rated to 120mph
I love the GMC Canyon with the diesel my parents have.

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The four-cylinder is one of the few things potentially keeping me from buying a Bronco. I want nice off-idle torque and power at any RPM. If I'm halfway through an intersection and suddenly realize that there's a car coming, I don't want to spend a full second or two waiting for the turbo to spool up. I want to GTFO of that intersection ASAP. I've not personally driven a turbocharged engine yet that has that characteristic, but from what I've seen of the 2.3L, it might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hopeful it is.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the GMC Canyon with the diesel my parents have.
I test drove the f150 with the 3.0 diesel. And then drove the 2.7. Even tho they have similar torque. The 2.7 felt 100x faster and actually put me in my seat. It’s going to SCOOT that bronco

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The four-cylinder is one of the few things potentially keeping me from buying a Bronco. I want nice off-idle torque and power at any RPM. If I'm halfway through an intersection and suddenly realize that there's a car coming, I don't want to spend a full second or two waiting for the turbo to spool up. I want to GTFO of that intersection ASAP. I've not personally driven a turbocharged engine yet that has that characteristic, but from what I've seen of the 2.3L, it might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hopeful it is.
ecoboost engines have VERY small turbos. (Relatively speaking) 2.7 spools up by 2250rpm and 2.3 by 2750. That’s absolutely nothing. Especially if your on the highway your already at 2000+

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove the f150 with the 3.0 diesel. And then drove the 2.7. Even tho they have similar torque. The 2.7 felt 100x faster and actually put me in my seat. It’s going to SCOOT that bronco
Well sure that's apples to oranges. I don't care about scoot...

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't like it? don't buy it.
Or, I could ask what other peoples thoughts are. The last time I bought a brand new vehicle was a 1999 Toyota Tacoma. If I do buy a new Bronco, I will drive it into the ground. Ideally that would be 10 plus years from now.

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or, I could ask what other people's thoughts are. The last time I bought a brand new vehicle was a 1999 Toyota Tacoma. If I do buy a new Bronco, I will drive it into the ground. Ideally that would be 10 plus years from now.
Sorry, I get it, and you're right - I honestly didn't even read the full post......it's just frustrating here because since the launch/reveal, this place has become a lot more negative with endless posts complaining about this or that, 3-4 threads simultaneously complaining about the same things, people saying they're going to cancel their order because they can't order the antenna in bright fuchsia, etc.

I apologize for jumping the gun.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now this was from my old automatic EcoStang 'vert before I had a downpipe and a more specific tune, but this was basically fbo:

CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather Kit
MMR CAI
UPR Dual Valve Oil Catch Can
FFTec Charge Pipes
Synapse DV
Steeda Throttle Body Spacer
Boomba Intake Manifold spacer
NGK 6510
FFTec Street Intercooler
Tuned by Nishan

Had to revise things a bit, Here's the original thread. But yeah, has potential

Dyno 1.JPG

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I get it, and you're right - I honestly didn't even read the full post......it's just frustrating here because since the launch/reveal, this place has become a lot more negative with endless posts complaining about this or that, 3-4 threads simultaneously complaining about the same things, people saying they're going to cancel their order because they can't order the antenna in bright fuchsia, etc.

I apologize for jumping the gun.
Saul Goodman

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ecoboost engines have VERY small turbos. (Relatively speaking) 2.7 spools up by 2250rpm and 2.3 by 2750. That’s absolutely nothing. Especially if your on the highway your already at 2000+
Like I said, I'm hopeful. But let's just say that if they took the 310HP engine from an STI and put it in a car that weighs half a ton more than the Impreza, I would NOT be impressed. At 4950lbs for a loaded 2 door 2.3L, a mere 120ftlbs of torque @ 2000RPM is... Well, disappointing. I've already got one car that can't accelerate going up a hill. I don't want another. All the dynos I've seen suggest that I need to get cheeks in seat before forming an opinion. So that's my plan right now.
Sponsored