Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He never got a Bronco? The TFL company assumed a fully loaded First Edition reservation which is double Tommy’s budget.

Now you are comparing Tommy’s personal vehicle purchase that he saved the full cash amount for, with a vehicle the TFL company purchased for double his total budget.

Bro, you are way off the rails here
In that case, why make the video at all. Of course he has not regrets, he didn't buy TWO vehicles, did he?

No, you just washed his whole point. Thanks, I didn't think of that.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In that case, why make the video at all. Of course he has not regrets, he didn't buy TWO vehicles, did he?

No, you just washed his whole point. Thanks, I didn't think of that.
Such an interesting case study you’d make.

Dude it’s cool, you are so incredibly biased you’ll just twist logic to your already preconceived notions. This is how our society got anti-vaccing and flat earthers but again, you do you.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Dude it’s cool, you are so incredibly biased you’ll just twist logic to your already preconceived notions. This is how our society got anti-vaccing and flat earthers but again, you do you.
Me like Bronco! Me not like people who also like Bronco but like Jeep a little more!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you even doing?

I'm talking to specific points. Not attacking his looks or his delivery or the quality of the video, or making things up. You are projecting very hard. Maybe stop reading with the voice in YOUR head and look at my actual points.

I mean, you're strawmaning me with anti-vax and flat earthers... I mean, you're strawmaning...

Nice one. Fuck, you're a good troll. Hat's off. It's early morning, I'm still working my first coffee.

tenor (2).gif

Sponsored

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put TFL and Scotty Kilmer in the same bucket, clickbait. I'm sure they are great folks, but they talk too much for me - I assume this is to extend the length of video. If a YouTube title can be answered with a yes or no, you're in for some clickbait. 🤷‍♂️

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put TFL and Scotty Kilmer in the same bucket, clickbait. I'm sure they are great folks, but they talk too much for me - I assume this is to extend the length of video. If a YouTube title can be answered with a yes or no, you're in for some clickbait. 🤷‍♂️
Quoted for truth.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I at least find TFL mostly entertaining - Scotty Kilmer is just obnoxious.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look, we all knew the Bronco was going to be about a year out from release, barring delays. The jeep has been on the market by itself for the last 25 years.

His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.

It's a strawman because he's using the production schedule instead of the actual vehicle as the basis of his argument.

The straw man fallacy. occurs in the following pattern of argument:
  1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the position of the argument.

In this case, he's claiming he doesn't regret buying the Bronco, but clearly, he does, as the Bronco is the better vehicle. However, he's asserting, i.e. strawmaning, that his position is that he had to wait for Bronco production.

Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.
HOW DARE YOU COME AT THIS WITH LOGIC AND REASONING! :D

I'm obviously on the Broncos side. How can you praise something for xyz and be like nah. I will say he is right on the audio being lacking in BOTH cars. I'm not sure if he's ever opened the soundbar in his jeep. And I know he's lying about hearing music with the top off. You can't. Oh and Broncos b&o isn't strong enough and! He only mentioned 4 speakers in the bronco. He forgot the two in the footwells. Oh well we can nitpick all day

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that’s a little harsh. Scotty Kilmer is absolutely unwatchable. At least there’s entertainment value in TFL. Production quality is good and they actually drive the cars.

Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are you even doing?

I'm talking to specific points. Not attacking his looks or his delivery or the quality of the video, or making things up. You are projecting very hard. Maybe stop reading with the voice in YOUR head and look at my actual points.

I mean, you're strawmaning me with anti-vax and flat earthers... I mean, you're strawmaning...

Nice one. Fuck, you're a good troll. Hat's off. It's early morning, I'm still working my first coffee.

Ford Bronco [TFL] Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? tenor (2)
Well, to be fair, you came in hot with a wierdly aggressive take. All Tommy said was that he didn’t want to wait a year or two for the Bronco, and he likes his Jeep, so he doesn’t regret the choice. The balance of his comments indicated he’d have gotten the Jeep either way, so I’m not sure what the problem is. Also, the fact that TFL unexpectedly ended up with a Bronco that isn’t even Tommy’s to drive is completely irrelevant.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The thing that alarms me the most about this video is the top. This is going to be a family vehicle and road trip adventure vehicle for us. The noise is pretty significant and hard to ignore. How is Ford really gonna let the top ruin the release and the overall driving experience this much. Obviously they didn’t anticipate these issues, but the reality is that they are there. I still badly want my bronco, but I want it to live up to certain standards.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are you even doing?

tenor (2).gif
Your ‘actual points’ are based on incorrect assumptions. Plus you are misusing ‘strawman’.

Your conclusion is that Tommy’s assertion that he’d have had to wait at least a year on a personal purchase of a 2 door base bronco ordered in early May (which is when he said he ordered his Jeep) is a lie because the TFL company purchased a FE Bronco 4 months later.

That conclusion only makes sense if:
1) you assume tommy is lying about his personal budget
2) you conflate tommy and ‘TFL’ the company
3) you interpret this video as Tommy comparing his Jeep to TFL’s first edition Bronco. If you watch the video though, Tommy doesnt make many comparisons involving FE-trim features. He mainly compares stuff that is standard/available on 2-door Bronco, like the hard top, headlights, audio, engines, transmission, back seat venting, seat bolstering, etc.

The bottom line is if Tommy was in the position in May like he says, where he had saved the cash on hand to buy a new offroader for ~35k outright, he was absolutely looking at either ordering a Jeep with a 8-10 week delivery timeline, or a base Bronco 2-door with a delivery of ‘hopefully by next summer’. I see no reasonable argument to assume he’s lying and it’s a non-superficial factor for anyone looking to by an offroader right now that doesnt already have an early-ish Bronco reservation/order.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are other people experiencing this noise who have actually driven one?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that watched in the entirety - any update on the popping noise from his roof panels?
Sponsored