Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Queue the Found On Road Dead comments from the Government Motors and Fiat drivers in the peanut gallery...
With all the comments on "Jeep is in serious trouble"
I think they are due
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure how accurate your comparison between RZRs and the Bronco is. One of these machines is built to withstand stop-and-go traffic daily driving in Arizona, Texas, and Southern California while the other is most definitely not.
Presumably it was also built to have an aesthetically pleasing roof that didn’t have any issues. Anyway, crawling up Hell’s Revenge in the Summer is a little more challenging for an engine than a traffic jam on the 405, which a Corolla can handle. If you can’t see that then it’s obvious you have absolutely no experience off-roading.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Presumably it was also built to have an aesthetically pleasing roof that didn’t have any issues. Anyway, crawling up Hell’s Revenge in the Summer is a little more challenging for an engine than a traffic jam on the 405, which a Corolla can handle. If you can’t see that then it’s obvious you have absolutely no experience off-roading.
You missed my point. The Bronco is designed for low speed hot driving and idling forever in extreme conditions. Any modern car will have a cooling system that operates much more efficiently that a RZR.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure how accurate your comparison between RZRs and the Bronco is. One of these machines is built to withstand stop-and-go traffic daily driving in Arizona, Texas, and Southern California while the other is most definitely not.
Definitely apples to oranges. But someday Broncos will catch up to RZRs as daily drivers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You missed my point. The Bronco is designed for low speed hot driving and idling forever in extreme conditions. Any modern car will have a cooling system that operates much more efficiently that a RZR.
I understood your point just fine. Then I made my points, which you obviously missed.

1. Just because it was designed for something in mind, doesn’t mean it will achieve 100% reliability in that purpose.
2. Just because it MIGHT do well in one area (traffic jams), doesn’t mean it will excel in another (slow speed hill climbs). XJs and ZJ Jeeps also handle traffic jams just fine, but if you want to do some off-roading with it, you NEED to upgrade the cooling system. Furthermore, stop/start in traffic jams doesn’t require a lot of turbo boost. Slow rock crawling and steep hill climbs will.

what I’m talking about is a common issue with turbos. It’s such cop out to just say “well it was designed to do it.” Seriously, don’t be surprised if manifold pressures and exhaust temps become problematic with difficult to extreme trails. People may need to let them cool down periodically.

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: Still nothing. They have not even looked at the Bronco. No diagnosis. No rental car. No help from Ford. I opened a case with Ford customer service, messaged them in the chat, and nothing. This is all very frustrating. I hope no one has to go through this experience.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: Still nothing. They have not even looked at the Bronco. No diagnosis. No rental car. No help from Ford. I opened a case with Ford customer service, messaged them in the chat, and nothing. This is all very frustrating. I hope no one has to go through this experience.
Hang in there dude. Hopefully it’s nothing more than an incompetent assembly line worker that didn’t tighten down a clamp.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would ask the Dealer for the Ford Rep’s number if they won’t give it to you another local dealer will and escalate this through them.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bad thing about buying any new vehicle now no matter what brand if something happens your screwed cause parts are scarce especially on a first run year vehicle

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope op didn’t warp the heads or blow head gasket

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People are spending money on their cars again since they need them to go to work now. Fifteen months ago shops everywhere were empty and techs couldn't get their forty hours. Now they're playing catch-up in a world where there's no parts. It's a frustrating time for everyone, currently.
You hit the nail on the head!! It was just pure luck in regards to timing that I did a major expense to my truck just before the pandemic hit hard.

Last year I did over $5,000.00 in major repairs, maintenance and upgrades to my 16 year old rig.

The local shop did the clutch, pressure plate, TO bearing, slave cylinder, resurface flywheel, heater core, motor mounts, install TruTrac/3:73 gears, new tires/alignment and a few other bits. I personally replaced hubs, tie rod ends, shocks, various sensors, and the easy stuff.

The point I'm making is I feel so very lucky to have great running vehicles that are in good shape and will last me for years to come without the headache of needing a new vehicle and being stuck with inflated pricing and hardly any choices for purchase.

I'm just hoping this young lady can get her Bronco repaired in a timely fashion. Unfortunately warranty work gets pushed to the back of the line as it is not a big profit maker for dealers.
Sponsored