Sponsored

Why no ventilated seats, HUD, or other luxury items?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have come to the wrong website to discuss this OP…Intelligent conversation and maturity are not traits of this website. Yes, the Bronco is over priced for what it is, wrangler is the same. It’s just the price to play and the odds of those items being added are very small. Good luck.
kinda agree, but i think the utility open air thing creates issues. i think there are real r&d issues and costs to adding big lux to a open system. op is comparing closed roof systems to open systems.

do you have cooled seats? they are perforated, difficult to clean, and more exposed. the f150 seats would not work. would need a complete redesign and be expensive.

hud has similar issues. needs to be waterproof and account for more light for the top removal.

i bet venting will be improved, especially for the rear. assume the ev and round two have a good amount of design improvements. i also think some of the lux items like homelink are insane to be in that package.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get an f150. Based on your questions you DEF don’t want a true off roader. Next
Currently have a 2013 FJ, so you are wrong, but nice try there, weirdly passive aggressive poster. Pointing out the lack of certain features found on other trucks/suvs for the same price or even less of the Bronco is a good conversation point. For example, I bought my FJ new for $30k and it is bare bones but that is fine, because it was $30k. I wouldn't have considered it for $40k, as the bang for your buck goes out the window. Seems like Ford/Jeep definitely overcharges for what they are offering.
You have come to the wrong website to discuss this OP…Intelligent conversation and maturity are not traits of this website. Yes, the Bronco is over priced for what it is, wrangler is the same. It’s just the price to play and the odds of those items being added are very small. Good luck.
Ha! I have noticed that-just recently made an account and man, the amount of bitching, moaning, whining, and weird passive aggressiveness from some people here is a reminder of why most online forums for car communities are truly atrocious. Regardless, since I don't plan on buying a new car for over a year, interesting to see the changes added to the 2022 models and even the 2023 ones. I like that new green color they added though!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I highly doubt Bronco will ever see ventilated seats. Wranglers don't have them and most likely never will either.
All the more reason. I love it that Jeep is scrambling (no pun intended) to catch up to Bronco in many respects. This would be just one more thing for them to have to figure out. ;)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently have a 2013 FJ, so you are wrong, but nice try there, weirdly passive aggressive poster. Pointing out the lack of certain features found on other trucks/suvs for the same price or even less of the Bronco is a good conversation point. For example, I bought my FJ new for $30k and it is bare bones but that is fine, because it was $30k. I wouldn't have considered it for $40k, as the bang for your buck goes out the window. Seems like Ford/Jeep definitely overcharges for what they are offering.

Ha! I have noticed that-just recently made an account and man, the amount of bitching, moaning, whining, and weird passive aggressiveness from some people here is a reminder of why most online forums for car communities are truly atrocious. Regardless, since I don't plan on buying a new car for over a year, interesting to see the changes added to the 2022 models and even the 2023 ones. I like that new green color they added though!
Sounds like you catch on quick! Lol. I think most people are just irritated with this process, we used to have fun on here last August. That green is sweet! I’m hoping Ford make the interiors a little nicer too but I don’t see that happening for a few more years. The Outer Banks would be the trim like the Sahara that would get that treatment if anything. Even at that the best you’re looking at is stitched leather accents, dash and maybe some nice quilted leather seats.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like you catch on quick! Lol. I think most people are just irritated with this process, we used to have fun on here last August. That green is sweet! I’m hoping Ford make the interiors a little nicer too but I don’t see that happening for a few more years. The Outer Banks would be the trim like the Sahara that would get that treatment if anything. Even at that the best you’re looking at is stitched leather accents, dash and maybe some nice quilted leather seats.
Hey I found the one non grumpy, happy poster here! I definitely can appreciate the irritation-if this happened to me I would be pretty upset too, so can't blame everyone too much. I just wish more people would converse and talk, not immediately flip out on people when they ask genuine questions or bring up points.I like how Ford actually released the Bronco that lived up to its namesake (cough Chevy, looking at you with your blazers...) and want it to do well so we can get some variation to the never ending, bland sea of CUVs and electric vehicles, so adding things that keep the competition scrambling or attempting to play catch up is good for Ford and good for the segment as a whole. Hoping they make it so you can add the 7 speed to the 2.7 and I can get that in green-I would be very happy with that.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the more reason. I love it that Jeep is scrambling (no pun intended) to catch up to Bronco in many respects. This would be just one more thing for them to have to figure out. ;)
Are they? Their sales don’t point to them scrambling. If anything, Ford is scrambling now because they can’t build anything. All while Jeep is just adding options, new powertrains and niceties to the Wranglers to match. If Ford nailed this launch I might agree but everything they had a leg up on, Jeep has mostly matched and nobody can get a Bronco. The Bronco still does have some sweet tech Jeep doesn’t have though. But that too will be matched in time.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1) this is an open air vehicle... wild is one of the catch words used frequently in the marketing campaign... durable, tough, are targets, maybe not so much gimmicky or posh.

2) these are the introductory models. they need to keep some of the add on items in reserve.... can't be a two pump chump and leave it all out there too soon. she will never be satisfied.

3) the F-150 is many times purchased as a luxury vehicle. many of them never leave asphalt and serve a purpose of being a modern version of a luxury car outside of cities. so, the higher trim levels of a f-150 have a proven track record of being desirable vehicles which sell well enough to justify the accessory packages.

4) the bronco is a brand new vehicle with some serious production problems, adding another level of complexity simply makes no sense. there is a year long backlog. they don't need to find a new way to sell these trucks...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I found the one non grumpy, happy poster here! I definitely can appreciate the irritation-if this happened to me I would be pretty upset too, so can't blame everyone too much. I just wish more people would converse and talk, not immediately flip out on people when they ask genuine questions or bring up points.I like how Ford actually released the Bronco that lived up to its namesake (cough Chevy, looking at you with your blazers...) and want it to do well so we can get some variation to the never ending, bland sea of CUVs and electric vehicles, so adding things that keep the competition scrambling or attempting to play catch up is good for Ford and good for the segment as a whole. Hoping they make it so you can add the 7 speed to the 2.7 and I can get that in green-I would be very happy with that.
Lol yeah, people are uptight. If you’re not talking about the Bronco around here you’re the enemy. Some very touchy people when it comes to the Bronco name and Ford. Agreed on the Blazer though, that was a sellout. Don’t get me wrong, they’re really nice but that’s not a Blazer. Ford did nail this launch and the Bronco is awesome. The Sasquatch was a BLAST to drive, it’s going to be a smash hit. They’ve made Jeep better and brought competition which is awesome. Everyone wants the manual in 2.7, but it has to sell first. So, I think Ford will monitor sales and interest before doing so.

OP
OP

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol yeah, people are uptight. If you’re not talking about the Bronco around here you’re the enemy. Some very touchy people when it comes to the Bronco name and Ford. Agreed on the Blazer though, that was a sellout. Don’t get me wrong, they’re really nice but that’s not a Blazer. Ford did nail this launch and the Bronco is awesome. The Sasquatch was a BLAST to drive, it’s going to be a smash hit. They’ve made Jeep better and brought competition which is awesome. Everyone wants the manual in 2.7, but it has to sell first. So, I think Ford will monitor sales and interest before doing so.
I am excited to see it grow and take off once Ford gets all their crap together. To be fair, it isn't entirely their fault, but they definitely will get most of the blame. I saw a pic of the new green with that dark brown (roast?) interior and man, it was almost perfect!

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's got stupid worthless heated seats.
No reason it can't have something useful like ventilated/cooled seats.

Not all of us live under 5 feet of snow.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take that uppity, snobby bullshit over to the Land Rover forum.

LOL

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you. I plan on installing ventilated seats in my wife’s 4dr BL. Have them in my f150 and wife’s GC trailhawk. Both see the same moderate-difficult trails that 98% of Broncos will ever see. You’d be surprised how well a lifted f150 can do when running alongside tacos, wranglers, 4runners, etc.. Only downside is how wide my truck is and sometimes the length.

What I do find silly is that one must buy a certain trim & lux package just to get a garage door opener. Whereas in other makes/models its a la carte option.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's got stupid worthless heated seats.
No reason it can't have something useful like ventilated/cooled seats.

Not all of us live under 5 feet of snow.
Who wants stupid ventilated seats in an offroader?
There's no need for that weak ass shit.

Not all of us live 5 feet from hell.

(FWIW, lived in Yuma for 3.5 years ....no thanks. LOL)

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! I have noticed that-just recently made an account and man, the amount of bitching, moaning, whining, and weird passive aggressiveness from some people here is a reminder of why most online forums for car communities are truly atrocious.
I am visiting less and less... it's turning into a jeep forum where people who want a practical vehicle, or dare I say luxury or two, are sneered at.

My Bronco will be my daily driver, and the reason it will be a Bronco and not a jeep is in part due to the relative luxury it offers.

But it seems that there will always be the crowd that believes playing on rocks on the weekends is somehow a morally superior use than for those ppl that actually need the utility, but who also want some comforts too.
Sponsored