Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I read if it’s ordered RR or AMB then they will paint it that color in 2022?
Where did you read that? I ordered an AMB but I haven't received an email yet. I'm assuming I'm out of luck.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might have to skip Thursdays on the forum for the next 6+ months…:confused:
Yeah, it sucks, especially for the RR and AMB 2-door people. The only chance we have of getting the color we want is to spend another $2,500 for a 4-door we don't want with a roof we don't want. Welcome to the the Bronco reservation system, where timestamps mean nothing and compromising means everything.

I just keep looking at how much I'm paying for this thing and how I'm going to feel about it every time I see it in my driveway, in the parking lot, and at the trailhead. Waiting for the 2-door hardtop, even if I have to settle on the color, is worth the wait.

Sponsored

Stilbukn

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco, '13 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📬 8/26 Scheduling Email Received Group! A79419E5-10CF-443D-BC12-4D5185D40E32

Finally! Now let’s hope I don’t get ping pinged around with date changes.

7/24/20 reservation For Wildtrack
1/27/21 order date - changed to OBX (preferred seats, think it resembles my first generation Bronco more)
7//21 changed to soft top

More door OBX, 2.7 SAS, Lux with Tow, Soft top.

**- Not intended for Mall use -**

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
11/29/20 Reservation Date
9/27/21 Build Date
4dr Soft Cactus Big Bend Manual
I switched to soft top a couple months ago to see if I could jump the line some. It seems to have worked.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in. 9-20 build week.
Base with 2.7 rapid red.
I just changed the order on saturday from 2 door black diamond ..

Ford Bronco 📬 8/26 Scheduling Email Received Group! A79419E5-10CF-443D-BC12-4D5185D40E32
Yeah I see the way that you smoothly grabbed a Rapid Red(limited edition?sic)before you mic dropped on em.

childishtrandino

Badlands
First Name
Trandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious. Do you feel that this was the way you preferred your build or were you under the impression you would not receive one this year if you didn't switch? My dealer asked if I wanted to switch to soft when the news came out and in investigating farther i could either get moved up to the last week in September or stay with hard and get built 2nd week of October. I stayed put myself because I didn't want the standard soft and figured a couple weeks isn't any worse than what was already going on
Yeah I wasn't scheduled and the news dropped that I wouldn't get one this year if I didn't switch so I made the decision. I originally ordered the MIC for a couple reasons. When I ordered I lived in Phoenix and I didn't have confidence that the soft top would stay cool enough in the summer. I now live in Denver and I think it'll be just fine in that regard here. I also wanted to buy the roof rails down the road for extra cargo but I think I can hold out on that and just find a hitch mounted solution. I don't love the soft stop but after test driving a Bronco with it equipped I decided it was livable and now that they include the hard top prep kit it made the decision easier. Plus with the issues with the MIC tops they're having, I think they'll have things ironed out by the time they come available to purchase.

I don't think your dealer is being honest with you because Ford sent out that email saying they weren't scheduling any new builds with MIC tops until MY22.

Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. The 4dr party is getting OLD, too!! I have to assume this is what it feels like when a guy gets kicked in the nuts. EVERY WEEK!! :sick:🤮
I did hear that once they start pumping out hard tops, get the FE’s built and Dirt Mountain builds wrapped up, that they may prioritize 2 door MIC tops as the require less materials to produce and as the take rate keeps dropping there’s far fewer builds for Ford to produce so they could knock them out quickly…but that’s hearsay until we see proof but fingers crossed it’s what happens and us 2 door peeps have some light shining in this endless tunnel!

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they may prioritize 2 door
As a bitter 2 door res, I think there is a better chance 2 doors get cancelled or pushed to 23 than being prioritized in any way.

But it is cool to see builds for actual res holders instead of going to dealers as mysteriously cancelled orders with huge ADM.
Sponsored