Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Production doesn't begin until mid-March. Not really sure what the lead time is between rolling off the assembly line and being delivered to the dealers, maybe someone else could comment on that part of the process.
Where did this come from? they've been saying December for quite a while.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Was poking around the reservation tool and noticed that the shipment date changed to mid-2021 instead of Spring. Is this due to the likely increase in reservations?

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.11.44 PM.png
If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably related to corona virus. Ford is probably just hedging there bets incase there are any supply chain issues.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where did this come from? they've been saying December for quite a while.
Order banks are supposed to open Dec 7th. The rest is as follows for a typical Ford rollout:

Order banks will open, and then scheduling will start about a month later. After that, production will begin about 6-8 weeks later. It varies based on the model, but I recommend to follow this website to see when stuff is about to get real! :cool:

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would take that with biggest grain of salt you can find. It has not been verified or corroborated anywhere else. And wouldn’t make much sense from a production standpoint.
soooo, can someone find out for certain when the four door versions will be delivering to dealerships?

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

soooo, can someone find out for certain when the four door versions will be delivering to dealerships?
Same timeframe as the 2 door ones, which is slated for spring next year. If you've seen the F150 assembly plant videos, they mix up cab configurations in the same shift.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think this is stating they will come based on reservation and not all at once.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same timeframe as the 2 door ones, which is slated for spring next year. If you've seen the F150 assembly plant videos, they mix up cab configurations in the same shift.
I’ve been to the assembly plant in MI and can confirm. Mix and match.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope, because no one outside of Ford knows. What we do know though is that it has been said many times that deliveries start April ‘21. If that exact time holds true, who knows? However this 2 door before 4 door “theory” doesn’t even make any sense. The majority of Broncos that get sold will end up being 4 doors, so if anything I would think they would want to get those out first. But like has been said many times before the 2 door and 4 door will run down the assembly line at the same time. MAP is also going to be building the Ranger at the same time. So I think they can handle 2door/4door variants of the Bronco. Ford isn’t stuck using the same production processes used to build the Model T.

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lucky! I've never been :D
It was great. Lived in Detroit for a year or two. Great museum. I did get the employees in trouble though. ??? They were manufacturing GT500’s and we were yelling back and forth to each other from the catwalks. The test area is cool. What a sight. If you get the chance to tour in the future, I highly recommend.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was poking around the reservation tool and noticed that the shipment date changed to mid-2021 instead of Spring. Is this due to the likely increase in reservations?

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.11.44 PM.png
I just talked to a dealer in Houston about this. He said early summer is the most likely delivery time right now.

Guys, because of all the special parts from manufacturers like bilstein, it could take some time for them to fork out these vehicles. Throw Covid on top of it and it’s kind of a production nightmare. We just have to be patient. I’m starting to think it could be pushed back as late as the end of 2021.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just talked to a dealer in Houston about this. He said early summer is the most likely delivery time right now.

Guys, because of all the special parts from manufacturers like bilstein, it could take some time for them to fork out these vehicles. Throw Covid on top of it and it’s kind of a production nightmare. We just have to be patient. I’m starting to think it could be pushed back as late as the end of 2021.
If Ford severely underestimated demand, it could take quite a while to get vendors to supply additional parts. Many of them likely make parts for others and can't just cut them off because Ford miscalculated.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think mid-April to May is still a realistic timeline for delivery. Lets be real, half of the reservations are going to drop out, and if they are capable of 1200 trucks a day like someone said, I'd have to guess they'd be done in roughly a month to 2 months for all the reservations that do stick around.
Sponsored