Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you want to swap?
Made the mistake of test driving a Bronco with High package now I want that damn screen and cameras. Badlands is the only trim I can get mgv, steel stuff and high package on.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked directly with Ford. Option packages are priced locked UNLESS the package is dropped or altered.
Hopefully we don't see a lot of extremely minor "alterations".

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, just got some additional info! Just to clarify there are no price changes for options and packages so price protection won’t be needed. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!
Any insight on when we'll see the voucher price difference between model years?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so basically if I want to swap my 2021 BD order to a Badlands in 2022 I'm fucked? nice...this bullshit gets better and better.
Not really, you still get the certificate for the price difference between BDs. We already knew that there would be price increases in 2022 so this is actually better than you should have expected.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How on earth does it imply that? This matches the same thing they said all year long. You had to have a reservation or order in by March 19 for price protection.

Here’s a snippet of an email from June when they extended price protection to MY23…

“Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.”
We’re talking about different things dude.
I’m talking about deliver being pushed to 2023. See picture👀
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced 8E06F7AE-BC06-470E-840D-D03C9084EC77

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I look at it, Ford had more than six months to clarify the issue so that speculation was not necessary. There were people (including Zach@Granger) speculating differently, too.
I get it, but if Ford said again and again and emailed you that the vehicle needed to be "similarly equipped"..and then "equivalent"...a reasonable read would that you should configure it like you want it. A BB is not similar or equivalent to a BL as far as Bronco equipment goes. Nonetheless, Ford is still covering people to a good degree, even if they aren't getting a similarly equipped Bronco like they told you to again and again to do. If you move down in trim, they are even doing BETTER than they said they would (which was not at all if it weren't similar). Pretty good of them.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A voucher from a third party? Well that just screws me. I didn’t even find out about the Bronco until April (busy getting sober and out of touch with everything) and placed my order within days when I did. I had to argue with my dealer to get price protection because the salesman quit and left me hanging. They agreed since I was only one month late.
I doubt my order sheet with circled “this is the price you will pay” holds up now. Thanks a lot Ford!
I reserved nine months before and ordered three months before your order expecting to take delivery 2-3 months after you ordered. I'm 15 months in and it's looking like another 3 months at least.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
because it's pointless to change anything on a 2021 order when everything has to be reordered again is my point. Many of us were 99ed knowing we would reorder and make changes. It's dumb to change things on an order you know isn't coming and will be erased and have to start over again anyways.
Apparently it was dumb not to change thungs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently it was dumb not to change thungs
Yes, one should have taken into consideration Ford is run by complete buffoons that have dropped the ball at literally everything having to do with this release. Maybe I should have altered an order I know was being erased and having to be re-entered. Silly me.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talked directly with Ford. Option packages are priced locked UNLESS the package is dropped or altered. Then the new price for the new option or new package is applied. Example. If they added a set of heat seeking missiles to the lux package, and it increased the lux another $399, ( what a bargain)then you will pay for the NEW lux package since you are getting a part of the package that did not previously exist. Order an option that did not previously exist, then you will pay for that option. They acknowledged ordering is shut down and the 13 th will be when it reopens. They also stated at that time dealers can be changed.
So if my '21 WT order had the Mod bumper i wouldn't get the added charge, plus i'd get a certificate to cover the cost of the price increase from MY21 to MY22? If not, then basically i am not getting a price lock.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made the mistake of test driving a Bronco with High package now I want that damn screen and cameras. Badlands is the only trim I can get mgv, steel stuff and high package on.

It was no mistake. It was your destiny. :cool:

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, just got some additional info! Just to clarify there are no price changes for options and packages so price protection won’t be needed. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!
That's really good news for a few people here. But for those of us that the new allocation scheme pushes into '23, '24, or beyond I don't think it matters since I really don't see them extending the PP until they decide to build my '21 order. (And no I'm not one of those wanting mod or painted tops, just the options they said they could build in '21 before we started hearing about the MiC top issues and other constraints.)

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, one should have taken into consideration Ford is run by complete buffoons that have dropped the ball at literally everything having to do with this release. Maybe I should have altered an order I know was being erased and having to be re-entered. Silly me.
Both Ford and my salesman told me it will automatically switch over to a '22, I'm still going to check. But regardless I have it how I want and I can just again shoot a text to my guy and say same build for the '22 order. But saying I'm dumb for altering my '21 order even a couple of weeks ago, doesn't really look that way. 🤷‍♂️

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I lucked out.

I ordered Badlands because it was the only package with both front/rear lockers and a manual transmission. But I only really needed a Black Diamond.

Now that Mansquatch will be a thing I full intend on switching to Black Diamond. Sweet!!

... unless.... Ford only offers Mansquatch with the Badlands trim. Which honestly might happen; it seems like a very Ford thing to do.
Sponsored