Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think he locked down his tweeter I can’t see his tweet says user limits who can see they tweets
I can see everything on his. And I literally tweet at him daily with #reservationsoverallocations
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I can, whole heartedly. All of the ford dealers in my state, you can count them on one hand, sell cars and trucks at "invoice" price. The only vehicles they do not are the limited production ones like the raptor and certain sport cars. The bronco is/will be a mass produced vehicle in the same order as the wrangler, nothing special at all. All I wanted was the usual deal of invoice pricing and I would forgo any other "deal" for the sake of not traveling to pick up the vehicle. For example, I could have gotten my F350 $1K cheaper if I had gone to a mega volume dealer but that little bit of savings was not worth the hassle to me. But no, all I got from the dealerships was "we don't know what we are going to charge you". Well, F' that!

When certain dealers saw the light and could see that ADM would not fly on such a mass produced vehicle their pricing became the market price, as it should be, we live in a capitalistic society. The only dealers that were crying were the ones that truly wanted to rip off their customers. And, to top it all off Ford set the rules and should have not changed them, shame on them.
I get where you're coming from, but you don't know the only dealers that were crying are the ones ripping people off. Lots of smal local dealers including many inside cities just want a fair deal and to be able to pay their bills. My local dealer is asking straight MSRP, not unresonable for a car they could get $10K ADM if they wanted to. Right now, with short supplies you would be hard pressed to get invoice on a lot of vehicles. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get it on a Toyota Tocomma for example. Good luck with your Bronco. With a lot of poeple bailing and if you have an early timestamp you might be just fine with Granger. Remember, this doesn't just affect Granger cusotmers. Even my local dealer said it would be the end of 22 before I get one -- if I'm lucky!!!

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a carry over from the other thread, and wanted to clarify my position. I'm an October 1st reservation holder and just as frustrated as everyone else. I'm not just defending Ford; they should have been clearer on allocation constraints for sure. That said a $100 reservation is not a binding contract and we live in a changing world. Granger used very aggressive pricing to gain market share. Nothing wrong with that, its free market competition right? I don't blame Granger, but allocation is a mechanism Ford can use to help the disadvantaged and oppressed dealerships, for example the one in the city forced to pay high city taxes, wages and 24 hour security. Some of you screaming bloody murder at Ford for doing this are demanding the USA gov't do the same thing, and they do it all the time!! Obviously it doesn't make business sense for Ford to alienate most of its dealer base. Call it putting dealers before customers if you want, but these dealers have customers too and Ford needs its dealers to stay in business.

What Ford needs to do is contact Granger (and others in the same situation) order holders and provide instructions and an easy way to switch dealers. I've done this calling the marketing center, but it’s a big pain and most agents don't have a clue what to do. Fix this Ford!
“Ford needs its dealers to stay in business”

yes they do, they have always needed this. Business typically stay in business due to customer service and or pricing, not their manufacturer stomping out the competition.
In other news Ford produces more than just the bronco. These dealers have lived so long with these other models, they should be able to continue as such.

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get where you're coming from, but you don't know the only dealers that were crying are the ones ripping people off. Lots of smal local dealers including many inside cities just want a fair deal and to be able to pay their bills. My local dealer is asking straight MSRP, not unresonable for a car they could get $10K ADM if they wanted to. Right now, with short supplies you would be hard pressed to get invoice on a lot of vehicles. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get it on a Toyota Tocomma for example. Good luck with your Bronco. With a lot of poeple bailing and if you have an early timestamp you might be just fine with Granger. Remember, this doesn't just affect Granger cusotmers. Even my local dealer said it would be the end of 22 before I get one -- if I'm lucky!!!
your local dealer charges msrp which is why it will take so long. The dealers that are surprising people with ADMs are somehow able to get Broncos with in months, even if you ordered today. Know why? Cause they have more allocations than customers due to them bing crappy.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has the capability to build every one of these reservations in 2022,
But they’re just gunna take care of their big money dealers first.

THIS above; yes!
somebody explain why Ford cannot build and deliver EVERY reserved/ordered bronco on the books in 2022, assuming they are at full production jan 2022, say 10k/month. 120k broncos in 2022. Ford should simply build and deliver as promised. then after they get those original orders filled, they can make up any allocation formula they choose. that would be the honorable thing to do.

i admit i have always purchased off the lot, except the 2008 rubicon i ordered. dealer didn't tell me anything about allocation, or can't get it etc. just said 3 months will be here. and it was. i understand we can't just walk in and buy a gt-40 from any dealer, but the reservation-based bronco is not a limited production mobile, production should not be limited, or allocated past 2021. by jan, Ford should be able to mfg broncos like pancakes. i have not seen anything in print saying Ford production will be limited in 2022.

had there not been a reservation system, with Ford promises, then i understand allocation. but there was a reservation system. there were Ford promises. we did as we were told. allocation should be irrelevant if Ford can mfg broncos unencumbered for 2022.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
“Ford needs its dealers to stay in business”

yes they do, they have always needed this. Business typically stay in business due to customer service and or pricing, not their manufacturer stomping out the competition.
In other news Ford produces more than just the bronco. These dealers have lived so long with these other models, they should be able to continue as such.
You are correct if you believe in pure unabated capitalism, but using allocation to help prevent a few dealers from becoming super centers isn't all bad. I'm pretty sure mega delaer Whoodhouse Ford (also in a small town just outside a big city) has put a few dealerships out of business. Granger isn't getting stomped out, pretty sure they are getting more Broncos than most.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

your local dealer charges msrp which is why it will take so long. The dealers that are surprising people with ADMs are somehow able to get Broncos with in months, even if you ordered today. Know why? Cause they have more allocations than customers due to them bing crappy.
Been following all this for days naturally, at my own detriment & suffering high blood pressure....Just for curiosity I looked on several big dealer websites in Arizona from the dealer list here on the forum & quite a few had three sometimes four Broncos, mostly 4D & FE's too, saw one 2D-- all unclaimed & at msrp. Which ones are going to mark up $5 -$10K when someone walked in it isn't clear of course (probly all). But it was certainly cringeworthy re-thinking why - when many early reservationists are still waiting in limbo & these have been delivered to dealers already. What nightmare. Its pretty sickening.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been following all this for days naturally, at my own detriment & suffering high blood pressure....Just for curiosity I looked on several big dealer websites in Arizona from the dealer list here on the forum & quite a few had three sometimes four Broncos, mostly 4D & FE's too, saw one 2D-- all unclaimed & at msrp. Which ones are going to mark up $5 -$10K when someone walked in it isn't clear of course (probly all). But it was certainly cringeworthy re-thinking why - when many early reservationists are still waiting in limbo & these have been delivered to dealers already. What nightmare. Its pretty sickening.
I wouldn't expect Sanderson to mark up. The GSM (Tom Collins) told me they've never charged an ADM on any vehicle and wouldn't be starting with the Bronco.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
THIS above; yes!
somebody explain why Ford cannot build and deliver EVERY reserved/ordered bronco on the books in 2022, assuming they are at full production jan 2022, say 10k/month. 120k broncos in 2022. Ford should simply build and deliver as promised. then after they get those original orders filled, they can make up any allocation formula they choose. that would be the honorable thing to do.

i admit i have always purchased off the lot, except the 2008 rubicon i ordered. dealer didn't tell me anything about allocation, or can't get it etc. just said 3 months will be here. and it was. i understand we can't just walk in and buy a gt-40 from any dealer, but the reservation-based bronco is not a limited production mobile, production should not be limited, or allocated past 2021. by jan, Ford should be able to mfg broncos like pancakes. i have not seen anything in print saying Ford production will be limited in 2022.

had there not been a reservation system, with Ford promises, then i understand allocation. but there was a reservation system. there were Ford promises. we did as we were told. allocation should be irrelevant if Ford can mfg broncos unencumbered for 2022.
Nobody can manufacture anything like pancakes right now. There will likely be major constraints for 22 as well. You blame who you want to, and I'll blame who I want to but it won't change anything.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As in Jimmy Carter inflation? Not to take this thread too far off base, but I actually was listening to an interview with a former Carter economist. He said we are looking at serious inflation growing, but "it will not reach double digits." I am concerned about this as well. We are being told that interest rates are about to go up soon.

With the cost of food, consumer goods, and gas rising, I'm wondering what is going to happen with sales like vehicles in the future. I remember there was something like 10% interest on loans back in the 70s. Yikes.
10% and up to 21%, prepare for version 2.0

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rea...rned-from-80s-interest-rates/article24398735/

chart.jpg

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody can manufacture anything like pancakes right now. There will likely be major constraints for 22 as well. You blame who you want to, and I'll blame who I want to but it won't change anything.
The only people who seem to care about blame is the weird apologists that keep showing up. Most of us care about fixing the problem and only one entity has any real power to do that. Clear?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealer has thee on their website, they are demos only they won't sell at any price. There will be some for sale because the order holder canceled. If its because the dealer slapped on ADM after already agreeing on a price, this is shady. If its a legit cancel, and of course there will be some when that $600 monthly payment sinks in, asking ADM is perfectly legit.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local dealer has thee on their website, they are demos only they won't sell at any price. There will be some for sale because the order holder canceled. If its because the dealer slapped on ADM after already agreeing on a price, this is shady. If its a legit cancel, and of course there will be some when that $600 monthly payment sinks in, asking ADM is perfectly legit.
My thoughts were not the ADM.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"right now", is not 2022

"will likely be", is conjecture, not fact; what factual information do you have that Ford will not be at full production jan 2022?

"You blame"; blame is not in my post, or even relevant to the post

your response to my post reeks of superficiality
Sponsored