Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does your 2nd pic show some delamination up high?
No. I’ve examined it closely with a high powered light. Some of the edges aren’t as smooth as others but they are sealed and are not compromised.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rather have roof problem then owing a jeep..... lol 😁😁😁

At the speed the bronco 2 door get out of the production line it a disaster..... they need to offer soft top for the 2 door and please the early reservation holder......
It’s my first Jeep and it’s been a good one. I’m a long time Toyota guy trying different things until they improve the HP of their engines and add a little excitement to their lineup- if that ever happens. I’ve never owned a Ford (long story with reasons behind it) but this fiasco is not giving me any confidence in them.

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before everyone on this forum has a conniption and goes off the deep end about the MIC 2.0 tops, I think we need to recognize the potential that it isn't 100% of the tops that have an issue. I personally don't know what % does have an issue, and neither does anyone else, but I CAN tell you that mine is perfectly fine. It was built on 6/28 and the final build date with the MIC 2.0 was 9/29. I have had it for over a week now and it has gone through 4 days of heavy rainfall and two frosts. Looks OK to me and I don't see any edges that are cracking, shedding, or any discernible patterns in the final coat. My point is, let's not assume ALL Mic 2.0 tops have an issue until there is evidence to confirm that.

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg
Mine is similar to yours, still looks like some unfinished edges but no major issues, have to keep an eye on it.

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey look at that! A quality top and a trail! You don’t have to have one or the other! Btw that was the dumbest rebuttal I’ve ever seen.

59C864B7-94D2-4297-A3F1-6491035F2631.png
Hey look at that! A quality top and a trail! You don’t have to have one or the other! Btw that was the dumbest rebuttal I’ve ever seen.

59C864B7-94D2-4297-A3F1-6491035F2631.png
Relaxe......
I just want my bronco .....
This cosmetic issue of the top can be fix later after u received them...

I have a 2 door they did not offer a softtop option to get it faster....

Because of some cry baby the 2 door might get push again.......

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My version 1 MIC Top has developed the ticking sound like the TFL guys.

My dealer has not yet notified that my new replacement roof has been shipped. Hopefully all issues will be addressed before mine arrives. Probably. Maybe...

My wife really enjoyed the ease of use of the soft top when we attended the Off Roadeo in NH. Flip down the front two latches, and toss the roof back, instant sky. Maybe the fix might be...

Ooops, almost forgot to mention my lap got a little wet yesterday. New England is getting hit with a Nor'easter. I got in my Bronco after work pulled forward and water came flowing off of the roof mounted toggles onto me and the shifter. Had some napkins in the glove box to sop up the excess. I have run it through a touchless car was once before and didn't notice any leaks. All the latches were fully engaged. So yeah...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
Are you saying this thing is disintegrating in a matter of a few days, or you just didn't pay attention to it when you picked it up?

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before everyone on this forum has a conniption and goes off the deep end about the MIC 2.0 tops, I think we need to recognize the potential that it isn't 100% of the tops that have an issue. I personally don't know what % does have an issue, and neither does anyone else, but I CAN tell you that mine is perfectly fine. It was built on 6/28 and the final build date with the MIC 2.0 was 9/29. I have had it for over a week now and it has gone through 4 days of heavy rainfall and two frosts. Looks OK to me and I don't see any edges that are cracking, shedding, or any discernible patterns in the final coat. My point is, let's not assume ALL Mic 2.0 tops have an issue until there is evidence to confirm that.

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg
Water mark ????
Can it be someone wipe silicone of that spot or some product .....
Maybe use something like degreasser and wax it after.....
Did u have it ceramic coated mayne tbey did not do a good job....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any popping yet?

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is on the train right now, and ill take it with the top on it regardless of if it has these edges or not. I'll just warranty claim it later. It sat on dirt mountain for three months, so ill take it now and have for fix it later. What a pain.
Same here. I'm not that concerned about it.

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s my first Jeep and it’s been a good one. I’m a long time Toyota guy trying different things until they improve the HP of their engines and add a little excitement to their lineup- if that ever happens. I’ve never owned a Ford (long story with reasons behind it) but this fiasco is not giving me any confidence in them.
If their only problem is thr mic top....
That with time will be resolve....
The most important in the trail is the mechanic and electronic to be reliable....

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar to what everyone else has been sharing on mine as well.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_082915

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_083035

Also, looks like the gasket on the middle panel might be slightly off.

passenger side looks good:
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_083315

driver side not so much:
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_083248

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does your 2nd pic show some delamination up high?

It does look like it - I think we will all be in this same boat - the process on the tops is the same for all of us. Some may last a little longer than others - but they all have the same problem, whether the owner sees it yet or not.

AJ_West_

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Sas, 15 Colorado, 91 GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's beyond shoddy :-/
There was even a dimple on my top I noted on the due-bill as well and long scratches from the begining to the end on the hardtop I noted too. The dealer said they thought it was from the adhesive tape used to protect in transportation and I said I didn't buy that crap as I don't see these things ship with tape like that. They tried rubbing it out with compound and sure enough it didn't go away.
Sponsored