Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I put that guy on ignore a loooooong time ago. It’s made my B6G experience pleasant ever since lol
You're a better man than I am. I have this obnoxious self-righteous part of my personality that needs to cross-check shmucks. Which is on me, I know. I need to grow up and learn to ignore tools like him. Ugh.

I do wonder why more people don't slap him around, though. I don't know where he gets his entitlement.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I put that guy on ignore a loooooong time ago. It’s made my B6G experience pleasant ever since lol
He’s probably got the most accurate and deserving username on this forum.

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636768328679

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're a better man than I am. I have this obnoxious self-righteous part of my personality that needs to cross-check shmucks. Which is on me, I know. I need to grow up and learn to ignore tools like him. Ugh.

I do wonder why more people don't slap him around, though. I don't know where he gets his entitlement.
I’ll take your obnoxious self-righteous personality over his any day 😂

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, as someone who regularly has to reblast his shackles with Krylon because they are shotgunned to death with gravel here in Alaska, if you want to send one up to test your powdercoat resistance and longevity, I'm your guy. An AR to AK transition, if you will...

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pray for the day admins will add a :rolleyes: reaction emoji for the masses to react to your posts accordingly without the need to reply.

But sure, I'll play your game:

Shade:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636768328679

Dark, but florescent lighting:

Indirect Sunlight:

Direct Sunlight:
All looks great!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, as someone who regularly has to reblast his shackles with Krylon because they are shotgunned to death with gravel here in Alaska, if you want to send one up to test your powdercoat resistance and longevity, I'm your guy. An AR to AK transition, if you will...
That's called natural patina. Can you imagine how many STARBUCKS drive thrus some of us would have to go through to gain that effect?

How about just having a pair done in Matte Ceramic Clear cerakote (MC-161). Totally functional and depending on the color of your rig, would look really good.

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally, I would never remove mine. Think of it as the recovery point on the front of a Raptor. It’s a solid mounted D recovery point. I use synthetic shackles Anzio 2pcs Black Synthetic Fiber Soft Shackle - WLL 15,000 lbs - lbs with Protective Sleeve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSXDTDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3F03G005P12XYN201W5V?psc=1 to attach to my Raptor’s recovery points.

But to answer your question, you would need an Allen wrench to re

Personally, once mine are installed, I don't plan to remove them. I think of them as the recovery points on my Raptor. They are just a frame mounted D shaped recovery point. When I need to attach a cable or strap to it, I use something like this Synthetic Shackle. So, to answer your question, yes, a soft shackle is the preferred method and yes, a hex drive wrench would be needed to remove or install.

There's a reason behind the hex drive bolt, instead of the commonly used thumb drive shackle bolt. The hex drive bolt will allow you to tighten the SITH ever so slightly to put drag on the mount on the bumper and this negates any swaying or rattling.

As far as colors go, Watermelon Sugar will be the standard color. This is just our proprietary shade of the common red for recovery devices. I do plan to have 'custom' colors. The way this will be done is I'll post a 'BADLANDS ORANGE' color run of the SITH. We'll accept all of the orders and run a batch with a couple extra pairs as stock. Then we'll do Cactus Grey and so on. It's just really clunky getting one of a color done and one of another color. We may do a color a month. Something like that.
I like the color of the month idea!!!

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED

Just because something has been around for a hundred years and commonly used doesn't mean it cant be looked at with today's technology, design principles, and manufacturing capabilities to refine the product.

I doubt there has ever been a company that sat down with the intent to make a vehicle specific shackle and not just resize hardware to make it work, but design it to fit the vehicle's design and its purpose. This isn't a rehash of crane tackle or something you would find in the hands of a longshoreman. The SITH is 100% Bronco Modular Bumper, through and through. Made to be used, abused, and torture tested. It's a statement piece.

The Numbers and Specs

SITH
-7075 T6 rated at 74,000-78,000 PSI weighs in at 1.7 lbs ea. (FEA data to be provided soon)
The Bolt-18-8 Rockwell B55 70,000 lb Tensile 35,000 lb Shear

Color

Watermelon Sugar Red - Powdercoated and then post machined for highlights

Why we're doing this

I want a bespoke recovery shackle. One that doesn't jingle. One that doesn't sway. No need for silencers. I want a bolt that isn't off the shelf. I actually want it hidden. I want it clean. I want a shackle with some presence. I want them to be asymmetrical. I want a shackle that doesn't look like it's from Harbor Freight sprayed in a fancy shade of KRYLON.

Availability

Finalized the design yesterday. Queued up for machining now. Pricing TBD.

View attachment 205455 View attachment 205456

Can we get a blue or black!? I would love to match my lighting blue as best as possible.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sent It Too Hard :ROFLMAO:

edit: Well poo, just got to the winning post...
maxwell-smart-missed-it-by-that-much.jpg

Last edited:

ChathamShark

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, ’20 & ’15 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED

Just because something has been around for a hundred years and commonly used doesn't mean it cant be looked at with today's technology, design principles, and manufacturing capabilities to refine the product.

I doubt there has ever been a company that sat down with the intent to make a vehicle specific shackle and not just resize hardware to make it work, but design it to fit the vehicle's design and its purpose. This isn't a rehash of crane tackle or something you would find in the hands of a longshoreman. The SITH is 100% Bronco Modular Bumper, through and through. Made to be used, abused, and torture tested. It's a statement piece.

The Numbers and Specs

SITH
-7075 T6 rated at 74,000-78,000 PSI weighs in at 1.7 lbs ea. (FEA data to be provided soon)
The Bolt-18-8 Rockwell B55 70,000 lb Tensile 35,000 lb Shear

Color

Watermelon Sugar Red - Powdercoated and then post machined for highlights

Why we're doing this

I want a bespoke recovery shackle. One that doesn't jingle. One that doesn't sway. No need for silencers. I want a bolt that isn't off the shelf. I actually want it hidden. I want it clean. I want a shackle with some presence. I want them to be asymmetrical. I want a shackle that doesn't look like it's from Harbor Freight sprayed in a fancy shade of KRYLON.

Availability

Finalized the design yesterday. Queued up for machining now. Pricing TBD.

View attachment 205455 View attachment 205456
They look fantastic. I already ordered the stirrups and plate holder. AR’s products are the exciting pieces I’ve seen in the after market.
Sponsored