Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woo-hoo, BAJA for my BD

Also can I run fordcan on a cheap Chrome book?
Yeah it takes pretty minimal computing power. I have a $300 dell and itā€™s probably overkill. My 15 year old asus Eee Pc could probably handle it no problem.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m amazed how fast this blew up and am glad itā€™s getting recognized. Iā€™m definitely no guru I just have a huge thirst for options and features.

I would definitely like to address the warranty concerns. Now technically speaking a warranty cannot be void unless the modification directly caused it. I highly doubt programmed drive modes with factory calibrations will cause any concerns. Having said that, depending on what youā€™re flashing it can put a temporary DTC in the computer. This can be cleared and generally wonā€™t show up unless really looked for. Also having said that, the connected vehicle nature will submit these to the cloud (I believe that you can turn off connected features) and it will show logged in the vehicles history. Because of how much Iā€™ve been doing trying to get some other stuff to work my vehicles history is atrociously littered with codes lol.

Doing these mods to the ABS I believe does throw a temporary code but it can be cleared with ForScan. And I donā€™t remember actually seeing any ABS errors reported in my connected history in Fords technician software.

As a general rule with ForScan modifications itā€™s highly advised to clear DTCā€™s after you make changes for several reasons. One: it verifies what modification you made is valid and works. Two: it will make sure you donā€™t have any silent codes in case you do need service.

Again I donā€™t think drive modes could void a warranty. That would be quite a stretch to not only prove but logically pinpoint as a cause of failure. But also, this is a risk you might need to accept if you want it.
good points and I agree, was just a thought.

To make sure I read the spreadsheet correctly, where the * is in the long line of xxxx is where I'd make the numerical change? That's all? Then save and exit or what the process is? I've been poking around in the tutorial and the Forscan section, just haven't had time to go outside yet, did install the software though. I'm definitely doing this in the very near future, hopefully this week.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't wait to annoy one of you to spoon-feed me on how to do this in the future.

I'm used to flashing ECU's on motorcycles. I assume this is similar?

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awesome, I donā€™t suppose you are working on how to show your gear at all timesšŸ˜€
Might be possible... it shows the current gear for the manual transmission.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expected this to be available. Quicker than I expected too.

Woo-hoo, BAJA for my BD

Also can I run fordcan on a cheap Chrome book?
Afaik forscan requires windows. But it doesn't take much in the way of hardware.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait to annoy one of you to spoon-feed me on how to do this in the future.

I'm used to flashing ECU's on motorcycles. I assume this is similar?
Not really like flashing but just make a single value change and send. There are excellent tutorials Just be sure to save your original configuration

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome!! But seriouslyā€¦ does doing this void your warranty? Genuinely asking because itā€™s definitely something Iā€™d like to do but I donā€™t want to lose my warranty either.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so, complete computer tard. Understand hardware, but need help with apps/software.
Anyone willing to let me call when I get the Bronco so I can add sport with help?
Sponsored