First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well shit. There goes that theory. Thanks for the part numbers!
Doesn't necessarily mean anything... I would look at a wheel anyway. Wouldn't be the first time that a small connector or something silly was missing and the rest of the necessary equipment was there.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having pulled the cover off a couple non Lux vehicles I have never seen a CCM module. It is very easily removed though so anyone here is welcome to verify, you can even take a peak behind it and see it’s missing. I haven’t seen any CCM as-built data either on VINs for vehicles without Lux.

Collision mitigation uses the camera in the windshield. That’s why the camera is there on every single Bronco no matter what.
I'm not sure if the newer CoPilot is significantly different but at least on earlier Fords, it was the CCM that originally handled collision warning, and the IPMA arrived later to give enhanced capabilities (since CCM can't detect stopped cars or pedestrians). My Flex, for example, has the CCM and collision warning but no factory IPMA.

My idea was based on noticing the Eruption Green photo car appeared to be Mid package (no 360 camera) but still has what appears to be a CCM plainly visible in the modular bumper -- it's the entire reason the front license plate mounting is so horrible.

I'm guessing Ford either has a reduced-cost CCM on non-Lux that can only help collision warning, or it's a full featured CCM but adaptive cruise is disabled. While it's entirely possible CoPilot360 just uses the windshield camera on non-lux, that makes it even more interesting why that module is in the bumper.

Ultimately my question is "on non-lux Broncos, what is that module in the bumper right where the license plate SHOULD go, if it's not a CCM / radar module?"

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread IMAG0350_1

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread image_search_1635013236382

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ahhh I gotcha. When you said 'cover', I was thinking of the entire plastic 'bumper cover' on the regular models (non-modular).

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doesn't necessarily mean anything... I would look at a wheel anyway. Wouldn't be the first time that a small connector or something silly was missing and the rest of the necessary equipment was there.

I think I will continue to pursue it. I went ahead and purchased the visor with homelink remote and I'm working on 3D printing a MagSafe holder to place under the mat for adding my own wireless charger. Those were the 3 options I wasn't able to put on my build since they were locked in the Lux package.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh wow, just found this thread and after reading through most of it, I realized several complaints I have about my bronco can either be fixed or are being researched. The newest vehicle I've had before this was a 2011 JK, so....all this computer magic stuff is new to me.

I have questions LOL

Is it possible to adjust the minimum distance for the cruise control before it shuts down and changes speed? It seems like it's set way too far back for the kind of traffic I see.

Is it possible to nuke the lane keeping "keep hands on steering wheel" message from orbit?
I like having lane keeping, but this stupid message is constantly popping up because I'm not wiggling the steering wheel like a toddler on straight roads. Lane centering is what I really wish this bronco came with, but :/

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you verify that the tray is one solid piece when the mat is removed? This is coming from memory on pre-production but I saw block off plates on vehicles that didn’t have wireless charging, the WACM sits in the cutout and bolts in from the bottom. Granted while it would seem logical to do this instead of molding two entirely different trays I am just overhopeful that this could be an alternative for other people.

Also I’m currently looking into a few options with that. The WACM output is rather low. There is CAN involved to determine a few go/no go situations like using FM radio and such. Other than that it’s in general a standard charger. I was going to look into if I can beef up the internals but keep the control board to retain the factory tidbits but provide better output. Otherwise I may pursue just deleting it’s existence in software and putting in something more robust, reusing the shell if I need too.
there is a rectangular block off plate that's under the rubber mat. I am not sure yet how the block off plate is attached to the console but I had planned to affix my solution to that plate in some way. I had hoped the wiring connecter is in place and simply unused so I can get the female and wire there for power. I wouldn't be able to connect my solution to CAN but I'm really just after wireless charging mostly.

Your solution would be cool though too. If the factory one can be modified to allow better charging, that would offer the most clean looking install. It would be sweet if you could use MagSafe in a reworked factory WACM shell. This would keep the phone perfectly aligned for optimal charging

I will be looking for any kind of wiring diagrams that I can find in the next few weeks. Still gathering the hardware and thinking through my idea.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The distance adjustment, if I’m understanding correctly, is adjustable via the button on the left steering wheel controls. It looks like some flat lines and changes from 4 all the way down to 1 green bar when ACC is active. 4 is far and 1 is close. As far as changing those ranges I don’t believe it’s possible.

The hands on steering wheel is very very tricky. So how it works is there’s a timeout in the PSCM each time you stop making any inputs and after that timer cancels it will send the message. However I’m curious why you’re getting the message, I have only gotten that when testing adding Lane Centering (still a work in progress) and letting it bounce between the lines for a minute without touching the wheel, then it finally nagged me. But getting rid of the message is a very deep process, not likely to be beaten anytime soon.
Yeah, the close distance (1 bar) isn't very close in my experience and leaves enough gap that people will just squeeze right between me and the car I'm passing. I'm trying real hard to tell myself this is just how most people drive but I don't like being the guy that camps out in the passing lane way before a lane change is actually needed. Sucks that it's probably not something that can be changed. Maybe intercepting the radar output with an arduino module and modifying it before it heads to the computer? That's way over my head.

I assumed that was the case, after so many seconds without input the message would pop up. I believe the problem lies in one of two possibilities...my inputs being too small for the wheel to register them as inputs, or the wheel has some sort of pressure sensor that detects the wheel being held. I use a rather light grip on the wheel, and came across this on the Ford website "The system may also identify a light grip on the steering wheel as hands-off driving". After getting the message, I'd wiggle the steering wheel with about the same deflection that I'd use when driving, and the message doesn't go away until I use more exaggerated inputs to clear it. So I guess the amount of input the vehicle needs to stay straight is smaller than the threshold of what the computer registers as input. When I'm going down a road with a lot of curves I don't get the message as often, but it has happened a few times on really shallow curves where you can essentially hold the same deflection throughout the turn. On a straight road, it only takes the most imperceptible movements to keep it that way, and I'm guessing the wheel either can't measure that deflection or the threshold of movement was programmed in to assure it was driver input and not road vibration or feedback causing the wheel to move on its own. I do take pride in driving precisely, and the lane keeping seems to make me choose between an annoying message or sloppy driving. I think maybe I'll try artificially adding grip pressure to the wheel with some zip ties or something to test the other half of that theory out, perhaps it's just the way I'm holding the wheel.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to rain on any parades, but just be aware that if you start messing with some of the 'active driving safety features' then it does bring into the realm of likelihood that, in case of an accident, it could get ugly in terms of who will or will not pay, or be blamed. Just an FYI, for whatever that is worth. Honking horns, and accessory features are one thing, changing the behavior of a collision avoidance system or steering system is quite another...at least if lawyers and insurance companies get involved.

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re looking for this I will test it tonight. I’m fairly confident I know the setting needed

You will get exactly that, I’m fairly certain. The halo won’t illuminate. I believe this is the “turn signal as DRL” setting in the BCM

I know many people are hoping for Raptor mode but unfortunately the headlights are completely different. The boards are single color for the halo similar to how F-150 does it. If you’re froggy you could go in there and change them but that’s quite the effort. F-150 board for reference
any luck in confirming if the “turn signal as DRL” works or how to trigger it on?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trying to rain on any parades, but just be aware that if you start messing with some of the 'active driving safety features' then it does bring into the realm of likelihood that, in case of an accident, it could get ugly in terms of who will or will not pay, or be blamed. Just an FYI, for whatever that is worth. Honking horns, and accessory features are one thing, changing the behavior of a collision avoidance system or steering system is quite another...at least if lawyers and insurance companies get involved.
Just make sure that it burns to the ground and you'll be fine!

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just make sure that it burns to the ground and you'll be fine!
Since baby calls home to momma that might not protect you…😉

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't tried anything yet I've been taking a break from treasure hunting in ForScan, apologies.

I did some research earlier about it though and I actually might not think this is possible. What I was thinking of was "parking lights as DRL" however our parking lights are white. I haven't seen any proven settings that would allow you to use the turn signal itself as DRL though I do see this option. I'm wondering if 01 would be the change needed. I know I said I was going to try this out but I got lost in other things. No promises but I'll try to give it a shot soon.

I quickly referenced mine, a First Edition and a BaseSquatch and they all have 02 as the default setting.

726-43-01**xxxxxxxx--LF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL

726-43-01xx**xxxxxx--RF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL
So what you are saying is that you should cut the parking light wires and attach them to the turn signal?!? ;)

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How does one learn about all the inner workings of forscan, are there any recommended tutorials online? I'm thinking I need to take a look at my wildtrak and see if it's possible to add the swaybar disco and get functionality to it. I was really torn between it and the badlands because of that, but decided baja mode would fit my purposes better...now I'm seeing that I possibly made the wrong choice, as I could've forscan'd baja mode into a badlands instead of staring at that one annoyingly empty switch spot on the dash 😑

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does one learn about all the inner workings of forscan, are there any recommended tutorials online? I'm thinking I need to take a look at my wildtrak and see if it's possible to add the swaybar disco and get functionality to it. I was really torn between it and the badlands because of that, but decided baja mode would fit my purposes better...now I'm seeing that I possibly made the wrong choice, as I could've forscan'd baja mode into a badlands instead of staring at that one annoyingly empty switch spot on the dash 😑
Badlands comes with Baja mode. It is only missing Sport mode, which was super easy to add with Forscan.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands comes with Baja mode. It is only missing Sport mode, which was super easy to add with Forscan.
Ah, that's what it was. I have a hard time keeping all these modes and models in order. But my buyer's remorse is still intact regardless lol
Sponsored