First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure where you are but having repaired a couple salvage vehicles myself. They don’t need to be perfect to get a rebuilt title all lights and safety equipment needs to be in good working order. On a travel trailer i did need to have a shop sign off they repaired the roof. Keep every receipt! Here in Michigan they mainly check for receipts and that the vin numbers match your title and if you used any used parts the receipt and vin of those parts. They are more worried about anything being stolen and that it safe to be in the road than it being pretty. If you can find out who the insurance was you may be able to get their report to give a little direction of any major safety issues.
Thank You!! This is just the kind of information I need right now. I'm still waiting to get the Title from the auction house.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've painted a take-off set of SAS wheels a hammered pewter color in anticipation of my Oxford White Bronco. I'm not too sure how they will look on Velocity Blue. I have the wheels and Ford Performance beadlocks stashed in the back seat of my Tundra (shhhhh!!!! don't tell my wife). Awaiting delivery on these Interco TSL SXII tires in 37x12.0R17.

owOJfut.jpg

aDqmGEM.png

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure where you are but having repaired a couple salvage vehicles myself. They don’t need to be perfect to get a rebuilt title all lights and safety equipment needs to be in good working order. On a travel trailer i did need to have a shop sign off they repaired the roof. Keep every receipt! Here in Michigan they mainly check for receipts and that the vin numbers match your title and if you used any used parts the receipt and vin of those parts. They are more worried about anything being stolen and that it safe to be in the road than it being pretty. If you can find out who the insurance was you may be able to get their report to give a little direction of any major safety issues.
That's exactly my experience in WA as well, so it sounds pretty standard.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's exactly my experience in WA as well, so it sounds pretty standard.
Same for PA. I went through this and rebuilt two vehicles and did not have any problems. As noted, keep the receipts. In addition to state wanting to prove not stolen, and probably also wanting to keep unsafe vehicles off the road, PA also taxes you on any parts that you did not already pay PA tax on.

Good luck with this project!

PS: from the looks of your driveway I think we are in the same boat: too many in progress projects, not enough time to finish them :LOL:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any sign of water damage? With two recent hurricanes making landfall in FL, we could see a flood (no pun intended) of salvaged bronco's being sold.
That damage kind of looks like what would happen to a vehicle if it was knocked around by flood waters.
There are a bunch of Broncos on Copart already

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've painted a take-off set of SAS wheels a hammered pewter color in anticipation of my Oxford White Bronco. I'm not too sure how they will look on Velocity Blue. I have the wheels and Ford Performance beadlocks stashed in the back seat of my Tundra (shhhhh!!!! don't tell my wife). Awaiting delivery on these Interco TSL SXII tires in 37x12.0R17.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned aDqmGEM

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned aDqmGEM
Sweet! Did you get those from the Interco blem site? I'm tempted to grab a set for my 69 so I'll be curious to hear how they do on the street.

Is your tow hook bent down? I remember somebody here needing a frame replacement because the tow hook bent the frame in an accident so that might be what pushed your Bronco to be totaled.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL I hope my State works the same. I've already looked into it and it would only cost me $25 for the Inspection.
Speaking of which, see how far out they are and if you can make an appointment now. Mine is often booked out for months.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looking at the SAC spreadsheet it's a match (optional wheels even) for @jmschweiger but his was bought in July it seems

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be doing it all myself, for the most part, unless I need to get the frame straightened or front end aligned. Fixing vehicles is kinda my hobby, but I will say it is easier and cheaper to find parts for 40 y/o Toyota's than it is for these Bronco's.

J1YdvlE.jpg

OxBed7X.jpg

aGOWAkC.jpg

YiHLOk2.jpg
I bet your neighbors love you ;)

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

see, I don't even take mine out in the rain but one like this I would seriously have some worry free fun with before I fixed it up completely. GREAT DEAL! and I'm usually not a fan of salvage vehicles.
"I don't even take mine out in the rain"— Compta38

Your dog pic makes me laugh every time I see it because it's awesome!
You're quote just adds.

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

COPART has 71 Broncos going up for auction now nation wide...
Around 16 of those are flood damage

Screenshot 2022-11-15 154323.jpg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

LOL I hope my State works the same. I've already looked into it and it would only cost me $25 for the Inspection.
I can’t recall what I paid for the inspection. The state police met me at a local service station (when they still existed). They were awesome, gave me a run down of what they were going to look for. Obviously, they were trying to stack the cards in my favor. The service station charged me something for the bay and lift but it wasn’t much.

Good luck. BTW, in Wisconsin, you can drive and re-title a salvaged vehicle as long as it passes the inspection. Basically, lights, brakes, no loose parts, all the glass is good. Still had wrinkles in the rear quarter. Kind of like a soft top! :cool:

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet! Did you get those from the Interco blem site? I'm tempted to grab a set for my 69 so I'll be curious to hear how they do on the street.
This will be my 3rd set of Tires purchased off the Interco Blem list. It’s just too good of a deal.

Here are some 35x10.0R17's TSL SXII's on my old Tundra (wish I never sold this truck).
p4W7GAH.jpg

Here are some 35x12.5R15 Thornbirds for my 84 4Runner.
vJJeZ65.jpg

pNH6leB.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking at the SAC spreadsheet it's a match (optional wheels even) for @jmschweiger but his was bought in July it seems
I looked at the paperwork again. 06/30/22 Stephens performed “promotional service”. The Title wasn’t done until 09/09/22.. This probably IS @jmschweiger former rig.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be cool for you to do a walk around post up the damage in pictures. Doesn’t look like much from the main pictures but hard to tell
Sponsored