Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been waiting a long time to start this thread. I picked up my Bronco this past Monday and crossed 100 miles today. Yeah I know, nothing big yet but I'm really happy I finally have it in my garage. So far mods are minor but significant to me. We'll get to bigger stuff later. From the factory it's a loaded 2-door Badlands Sasquatch, lux, tow, leather and pretty much everything you can get. By far the most expensive vehicle I've ever bought and I love it. As of today I've added the following.
  • Weathertech floor liners
  • Weathertech mud flaps
  • Autostop Eliminator (might be the best mod ever)
  • Valkyrie Offroad read shock skid plates
  • JKS tie rod reinforcements
  • Coming in two weeks - full Xpel PPF
To begin with, I have been a sports car nut my whole life, low and fast will always be my thing. But I was introduced to the slow lane a few years ago with a trip to the Kokopelli Trail and I was hooked. I bought and wheeled a 97 Land Cruiser with a Safari turbo for the last few years and loved every minute of it. My only issue was the the maintenance...I'm older, slower, creakier, and I have more money. So a new Bronco was the perfect solution. I was a day 2 reservation holder and finally took delivery on 7/11/2022...damn near 2 years to the day.

The Land Cruiser Safari turbo, yes I miss it but the maintenance was getting tough to keep up with. Then a few pics of the Bronco.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_8978 2

The Bronco factory pic. Got it 2 weeks after it was built, and still 3 weeks before delivery.
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0309 2.JPG

Delivery day!

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0413

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0429

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0434
Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats buddy. Hope to see you on the road in atl or on the trail in north ga.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats buddy. Hope to see you on the road in atl or on the trail in north ga.
Thanks! And yes I plan on hitting the North GA trails soon. Have to get the PPF installed first, then we'll be up there as much as possible. I'm keeping an eye on the NGA group and will definitely join you.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks! And yes I plan on hitting the North GA trails soon. Have to get the PPF installed first, then we'll be up there as much as possible. I'm keeping an eye on the NGA group and will definitely join you.
Link me to the nga group. Is that a group in here on the forum?

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, that is my exact build

Sponsored
OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally took the top off today (the panels over the front seats) and it wasn't too bad. Not as easy as the top on the Corvette, but not bad. I was impressed with the cover bag for the panels , really a nice piece of work. Driving around, the wind buffeting isn't bad at all, really a nice experience. I'm thinking I am going to sell the full Bestop soft top I have, and pick up a sunrider instead.

Oh and now I understand what everyone is talking about, sharp edges. Wow those mold lines on the roof panels are sharp. I'll have a really nice new scar on my thumb in a couple weeks.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco factory pic. Got it 2 weeks after it was built, and still 3 weeks before delivery.
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0434
Great build! 😎👍
image (1).jpg

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the JKS tie rod sleeves today, not bad at all. And I feel a little better about wheeling now, considering some folks have broken them in the fricken driveway!

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands DE67A8EF-FF54-4EDA-A8F7-D7CCB185E65C

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 92609F44-2255-44B1-8EAA-FF9280E64C6F

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Latest updates. I dropped the Bronco off at my dealer and had them take care of a few things. First, the driver's window had a bad habit of closing and then immediately dropping again. They were able to recalibrate the window and it should be fine now. Time will tell. Then I had an alignment done since I installed those JKS tie rod sleeves, and for sure I had messed things up a bit. Now it's all square again.

I also had the Valkyrie Offroad rear shock skid plates installed. These are a nice piece of fabrication, and worked out well. I would have done them myself, except I couldn't put the 350lb-ft on those lower shock bolts! And last item, I bought the "Ford" (Redarc) trailer brake controller and had it installed. He installed the brain behind the glove box, and then I think the location for the proportional switch worked out really well. Now I just need the trailer.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0811

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_0812

Sponsored
OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More Bronco projects done today. First I took the factory bull bar off. I think I like this better. Then I installed the tailgate table from Ford and I have to say I’m not real happy with it. It’s a hell of an erector set to put together and it’s just not well made. I had to take it off and reinstall about four times to get it even sorta aligned. I just might dump it for a better one at some point.

I also installed the hood struts from Redline Tuning and I really like this mod. The lower bracket holes weren’t quite in the right place so I had to open them up a bit, but then everything went together well. I only dropped a bolt once and luckily it fell down the middle into the skid plate. Four bolts later and I retrieved it, then installed the bracket. It’s a little fiddly getting the bolts tight but doable.

Bronco stuff done. I put a pork butt on the smoker at 7am, should be ready to pull in a couple hours. Have a great Saturday!

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 7D784B76-074E-4F6C-B1B1-A2F9FE9A79C9

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 52DD42E8-A1BC-4BFB-8D7F-B68E983E75FD
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 10515554-AA98-4BB1-BD36-E617C1980FDC
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands DB34EF8C-518E-4232-8447-72A2989350C4

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Latest updates. I dropped the Bronco off at my dealer and had them take care of a few things. First, the driver's window had a bad habit of closing and then immediately dropping again. They were able to recalibrate the window and it should be fine now. Time will tell. Then I had an alignment done since I installed those JKS tie rod sleeves, and for sure I had messed things up a bit. Now it's all square again.

I also had the Valkyrie Offroad rear shock skid plates installed. These are a nice piece of fabrication, and worked out well. I would have done them myself, except I couldn't put the 350lb-ft on those lower shock bolts! And last item, I bought the "Ford" (Redarc) trailer brake controller and had it installed. He installed the brain behind the glove box, and then I think the location for the proportional switch worked out really well. Now I just need the trailer.

Nice job, so what’s your plans for a trailer?

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job, so what’s your plans for a trailer?
We’re looking at several models right now trying to decide what works best. I’d prefer an off-road teardrop like the Mean Bean or Escapod, maybe a Conqueror on the really high end. My wife says she wants an indoor toilet so we have looked at a Forest River R-Pod and were very unimpressed. Build quality is just not good. Next up would be the Alto but that’s pricey. The tow rating is the really limiting factor so she might be coming around to my way of thinking. We need to see the Alto up close.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suddenly I’m over 3300 miles! We just got back from an extended vacation road trip, and the Bronco was a fantastic beast the whole time. The trip was just over 2000 miles total, from home to a week on the beach, to visiting family and friends, and finally to a couple days at Biltmore. No off-roading, just a road trip. And the Bronco was awesome. I don’t really have any Bronco pics because road, but there are a couple gratuitous travel shots.

Observations after 2000 miles?
  • The 2 door really should have power seats with memory. Serious gap at this price point
  • The back seats are seriously uncomfortable if you’re stuck back there for 3 hours (my wife)
  • Getting into the back seat is harder than it should be. The front seats should have a better double hinge setup to pivot forward
  • Removing the back seats should be easier. I took one out for more room and it is way too much work. Minivans do this super easy, so should the Bronco
  • The charge pad sucks
  • The usb2 port seems to work about 60% of the time. The usb-c port always works
  • The center console holds an amazing amount of stuff
  • the adaptive cruise is really good
  • When you have the cruise set at night, the little bronco in the screen has its headlights on!
  • The household plug in the back of the center console really should be live all the time. I took my camp fridge on the trip and it was only powered when the ignition was on
  • You can fit a huge amount of stuff in a 2 door. We took all bags and beach stuff for three people for a week in there. And then another 10 days for two people. Plan carefully but there is plenty of room

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 4CD3CCBD-6DC0-4C52-BBA4-B4B16890D240
    Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands F77E9DFC-2AAC-40A1-A610-CCE00E6FD9DE
    Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 323FDE54-0B78-48BB-B5AE-16DFB83F2599
    Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands FF8F1218-2E57-4952-81DC-EFBBDDE0209B
    Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 5CBE8A02-8AD2-4799-855B-19B808A528C7
    I

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finished a little project this weekend. I had these lights on the shelf for a long time, a project that never happened. I had to modify the brackets a little, but overall it was pretty easy. These are scene lights from Extreme LED, but the pattern is actually a good one for ditch lights, nice and broad and very bright.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1142

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1143
Sponsored