Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally ordered my Bronco with the @Bestop_Team Trektop, but after living with the hard top for a little while I decided I really liked the back half of the hard top and the rear window/wiper. Last week I sold the Trektop and I ordered the Bestop Sunrider and it showed up yesterday. Project time!

I watched the install video on YouTube first, and it's a great primer. I almost didn't need the paper instructions, but I did use them at each step just to make sure I didn't miss anything. They do say get a helper when you lift it onto the Bronco, and while it's a little awkward I'll say this reasonably fit 53-year-old managed it solo just fine.

The only missing items in the instructions were that you need a T27 to remove the factory center bolts, and at least in my kit the replacement bolts were T30, not 40.

30 minutes start to finish, really a nicely engineered piece. It could be factory. Once installed, the fabric is VERY tight, so much so it was difficult to close and then re-open. But after parking in the sun for a little while it was no issue.

Hard top panels forever removed
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1157

Parts and instructions
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1158

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1159

Installed and out in the sun
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1162

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1164
Sponsored

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I got the windows tinted and added a tinted windshield header. No more heat coming through the windows, what a huge difference. I had them match the tint from the rear windows and I think it turned out just perfect.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1175

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Critical step when your windows are tinted.
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 7173A6BC-393D-4D32-98FF-5478609F4451

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I got the windows tinted and added a tinted windshield header. No more heat coming through the windows, what a huge difference. I had them match the tint from the rear windows and I think it turned out just perfect.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 7173A6BC-393D-4D32-98FF-5478609F4451
Do you happen to know what % tint the rear windows are or what % you added to match them?

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
How long can you not put the tinted windows down?

Sponsored
OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you happen to know what % tint the rear windows are or what % you added to match them?
I believe they are 35%. The shop did a great job matching it up, really happy with the result, and It blocks pretty much all the radiant heat. Totally worth it.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long can you not put the tinted windows down?
Two days at least. I waited three before I put them down. He told me a full week before they dried completely. I’m using them normally now, no issues at all.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are headed out on a long weekend camping trip in the morning and I can’t wait. I’ll say this much, mounting up the old Trasharoo was a lot tougher on the Bronco than on my old Land Cruiser. Since the spare is on the tailgate instead of a swing out, it makes routing the straps a little challenging. But it’s there and secure. Hopefully I’ll have some good pics after the weekend.
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands 64F1F989-265A-4C52-B81B-4C60C6B1494A

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just realized this thread needed a little updating. Here are some pics from that camping trip. We timed it perfectly, the fall colors were just beautiful.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1256

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1263

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1270

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1278

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1271

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1287

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a small, but significant mod that I really like. In my previous truck I used a RAM mount with the X-style phone holder and then used a regular charging cable for the phone. That worked really well and I liked it a lot. Setting up the phone was a 2-handed, 2-step process. Putting it into the X holder, then connecting the charge cable. Not a big deal and it worked great.

But this is a huge improvement on that setup. I used @EIGHTLUG 's SLAP from Archetype Racing to replace the stock accessory mount, which gives me 3 different mounts and is a lot more solid. I also have one of their BALLS on order which will be used for a camera or pretty much anything else I want. Then I added 67 Designs' Bronco Ball and carbon fiber arms (I have two) along with their MagSafe holder, and finally a MagSafe puck from Apple. Now it's a 1-hand, 1-step process and I have a solidly mounted phone that also charges. I should mention my phone is a 13 mini so it's pretty light. 67 Designs also sells a much stronger magnetic mount (which I also have) for larger phones, but for that option you'd have to use a standard charge cable. I love this setup.

I also added Archetype's Badlands console badge because it's just cool.

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1308

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1309

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1310

Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands IMG_1311

Sponsored
OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the SLAP and BALLS from Archetype while sitting on the back deck with friends. After a few beers, I pulled up their site and read the description of the BALLS...dammit we laughed so hard that I HAD to order them.

AR | B.A.L.L.S.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What type of tent did you have on your land cruiser? The bronco looks amazing. Can't wait for mine to come (also a 2-door).

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What type of tent did you have on your land cruiser? The bronco looks amazing. Can't wait for mine to come (also a 2-door).
Thanks! That was a prototype Terrapod and it was an ideal solution. Low profile, low weight, and yet I could stand on it. The company is owned by a friend of mine and he's in full production with them now, highly recommended.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it was a terrapod. I had a go fast camper on my truck before I sold it a few weeks ago. Terrapod is in the running for a RTT on the bronco, particularly the solo. I need the ability to either remove the tent until I need to use it, or be able to store stuff up there while it's still on. The 2-door bronco with the limited storage means I'll need to store more on the roof.

The other contender is the GFC superlite tent whenever it gets re-released. The V1 only weighs 80 pounds and is designed to be removed frequently.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was a terrapod. I had a go fast camper on my truck before I sold it a few weeks ago. Terrapod is in the running for a RTT on the bronco, particularly the solo. I need the ability to either remove the tent until I need to use it, or be able to store stuff up there while it's still on. The 2-door bronco with the limited storage means I'll need to store more on the roof.

The other contender is the GFC superlite tent whenever it gets re-released. The V1 only weighs 80 pounds and is designed to be removed frequently.
The nice thing about the Terrapod is how strong it is. You can get a roof rack and put stuff on top of the XL.
Sponsored