Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all wanted to share a few mods I've been working on.

Update
----------
9) Ford Procal 2.7 Tune -- A little boost into it
8)Midland MXT575 install with ghost antenna, rear pod delete with flat speakers, UTV storage bag on roll bar - details in thread.

7) Goose gear rear single rear seat delete with imported drawer! - details in thread.

6 ) Got the Milwaukee packout mount installed - Easy install, just screwed the large baseplate milwaukee sells to my simple wood platform. Not super sleek, but functional and easy to remove when i don't need it.
To lug all the stuff around i'm use the packout cart. It all clips together so no need for straps.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6320

7) I also installed the shock skids from Barnes 4wd. Easy install, good price, quick shipping and good fitment.

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6309

8) I got the detachable rockworx mudflaps for the fronts but tbh not very happy with them. The thumb screws they provide rubbed and broke off at the store backing out. Maybe I didn't push the bracket in far enough? they send permanent hardware for it, but ... makes it a bit of a paint to remove when hitting trails.
----------

1) IAG Steps - Easy install
Wish I got the version B which is a bit lower. But this will do.
https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-v1-ez-step-for-2021-ford-bronco-2-door-4-door/
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6051

2)Tailgate table - Easy Install no drill-
Doug the owner makes a solid product and gives great service. After seeing another forum member with the tiger wood table I gave him a call and he was able to get me the last one he has available.

https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/bronco-trailgater-for-2021-22-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6045
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6044

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6067

3)Builtright Molly panel - Easy install
Plan on putting the milwaukee packout adapters they sell.
https://builtrightind.com/products/molle-compatible-cargo-panel-full-kit-ford-bronco-2dr-2021
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6087

4) Cargo Leveling Platform - Easy Install
I looked a lot of forum members builds for ideas. I didn't want to remove the back seats or lose the storage compartment underneath, but wanted to level the back. The wood piece thats there now will change to something nicer. I'll try to do some sort of laser etching on it.
I sat on it and it holds my weight. Plan on putting a packout mounting platform on it but still looking for sleeker solutions.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6167
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6137
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6145

5) Whelen Arges Profocus Remote Spotlight with spot and flood light - Medium difficulty

This is one of my favorite mods. Might be a bit cheesy for some of you but I love it. Thanks to @chtucker for the tip on lighting options.
Mounting was a bit of a pain and I'm still working on an optimal solution, but she is all hooked up and working with a not so terrible mounting solution on the DV8 platform. If anyone with some metal fab skills wants to help me out in the LA area, would appreciate it. I have a few ideas to make this a bit sleeker.

Wiring was pretty easy. I hooked up both the controller and light to AUX switch 1 for now.

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6253
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6252
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6250

And here it is in action.

Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all wanted to share a few mods I've been working on.

1) IAG Steps - Easy install
Wish I got the version B which is a bit lower. But this will do.
https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-v1-ez-step-for-2021-ford-bronco-2-door-4-door/
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6249

2)Tailgate table - Easy Install no drill-
Doug the owner makes a solid product and gives great service. After seeing another forum member with the tiger wood table I gave him a call and he was able to get me the last one he has available.

https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/bronco-trailgater-for-2021-22-ford-bronco/

3)Builtright Molly panel - Easy install
Plan on putting the milwaukee packout adapters they sell.
https://builtrightind.com/products/molle-compatible-cargo-panel-full-kit-ford-bronco-2dr-2021

4) Cargo Leveling Platform - Easy Install
I looked a lot of forum members builds for ideas. I didn't want to remove the back seats or lose the storage compartment underneath, but wanted to level the back. The wood piece thats there now will change to something nicer. I'll try to do some sort of laser etching on it.
I sat on it and it holds my weight. Plan on putting a packout mounting platform on it but still looking for sleeker solutions.

5) Whelen Arges Profocus Remote Spotlight with spot and flood light - Medium difficulty

This is one of my favorite mods. Might be a bit cheesy for some of you but I love it. Thanks to @chtucker for the tip on lighting options.
Mounting was a bit of a pain and I'm still working on an optimal solution, but she is all hooked up and working with a not so terrible mounting solution on the DV8 platform. If anyone with some metal fab skills wants to help me out in the LA area, would appreciate it. I have a few ideas to make this a bit sleeker.

Wiring was pretty easy. I hooked up both the controller and light to AUX switch 1 for now.

And here it is in action.

Looks amazibg!

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just added the raingler cargo net to the back half. Build quality is nice, install was easy. Just wish it was like 4-5 inches longer.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_6522

Sponsored
OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've wanted a flush single seat delete for my 2 door for a while. Finally got all the pieces together and this is how it looks.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7090

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7094

Goose gear seat delete for the 2 door- took 8 weeks for it to be ready for pickup. Quality seems nice, came with all required parts. I had concerns abut that because of other forum members and YouTubers not getting all required parts. Didn't seem to be an issue with mine. The small hatch they have built rattles, I used some foam strips I had to dampen it. For those using the "built right" molle panels for the 2 door, the Goose Gear panels make it really hard to get the bottom screws back on on the back side. Just be aware of that.

Slide out Drawer, imported from Australia - This shipped and arrived much quicker than the goose gear stuff. I've seen many talented forum members make their own cabinets, but I don't have the skill or the tools to get that done. I went to a local carpenter who was ready build something for me, but I had my doubts and decided to hunt for a ready to go drawer solution. Found this thin drawer online after doing a LOT of searching and reading size specs. It came out really close to being exactly flush. Goose gear adds a quarter inch or so to the floor.

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7095

Install for all of it took about 5 hours. I had to remove the molle panels, install rear seat delete kit, then drilled some holes in the drawer to get it mounted. I used two of the existing holes from the goose gear plate and drilled a couple of new ones with nutserts to mount it. No rattles and feels solid in place.

I'm not the fastest tool in the shed, but I think it came out looking pretty good.

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7095

Slide out Drawer, imported from Australia - This shipped and arrived much quicker than the goose gear stuff. I've seen many talented forum members make their own cabinets, but I don't have the skill or the tools to get that done. I went to a local carpenter who was ready build something for me, but I had my doubts and decided to hunt for a ready to go drawer solution. Found this thin drawer online after doing a LOT of searching and reading size specs. It came out really close to being exactly flush. Goose gear adds a quarter inch or so to the floor.
I stumbled upon this thread and the Red Bandit build looks incredible. I really love what you've done. I've never seen that spot-light before - very unique.

Can you share the make/model of the Slide our Drawer you ordered? Looks like a great solution for the 2 door with single rear seat delete.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stumbled upon this thread and the Red Bandit build looks incredible. I really love what you've done. I've never seen that spot-light before - very unique.

Can you share the make/model of the Slide our Drawer you ordered? Looks like a great solution for the 2 door with single rear seat delete.
Thank you :) It's the Arges* Whelen Pro Focus 2.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just added a few things today.

Midland MTX 575 with Ghost antenna on the trail sight with a cheap amazon trail sight bracket. I "mounted" the unit in the glove compartment. I had already purchased a glove compartment divider on amazon and the midland fit perfectly in the top compartment. So I didn't even really mount it, more like place it. Also, happy the power wire was long enough to reach directly to the battery.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7473

UTV Roll bar bag for storage
I found these bags on amazon for UTV roll bar storage. They work well on the back roll bar of the 2 door. I also installed two hooks in the hole where the speaker pods used to connect. Eventually I'll mount other things in that space.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7472

Hooks on the roll bar, eventually I'll mount other items there.
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7475

Speaker change for the rear. Removed the pods because in a 2 door when camping, they are really annoying and get in the way. I found these thin speakers on amazon and hooked them up. They don't sound any worst than the stock pods plus I mounted them closer to my cranium. Perceived sound quality went up a tiny bit. There they are mounted right above the net.

Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7468
Ford Bronco "Red Bandit" 2 Door sas Badlands Build IMG_7470

Sponsored
OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry I totally missed the second part of your question, that slide out drawer I ordered from Australia and had it shipped here.

Here is the link https://www.rvss.com.au/product/slim-line-drawer-l1000-x-w510/

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t need that spotlight, but I want it and I don’t know why.

Nice build!
It really does come in handy, light output isn't insane but when you need to see around a corner or sort out a campsite at night, comes in handy. Thinking of going a bit overkill and ordering the full control module that will, lol, move the light automatically based on the steering wheel inputs. (see I can't even say it without smiling) It also does a bunch of other automated stuff too but... I'm chasing that feature.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arges is on my list but hard to find. Where did you get yours?