First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the GFC is very strong too. I could stand on it pretty easily. The Superlite does not have the cross bars that the Solo has. I want to minimize weight on the roof and since I plan on adding an awning, etc, the 80lb weight of the solo is very attractive.

Any downsides or negatives? The terrapod is clever and has some improved features over the GFC even if it maybe doesn't look quite as 'polished' (imho).
Sponsored

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to see it in person. It has an industrial design on purpose, and is really well made. I had about 60 nights in it with zero problems. In fact the very first night was in a monsoon with machine gun hail and we were totally fine. And mine was the prototype, the production models are much better. The weight and low profile was a game changer for me. Mounted on a lifted cruiser and I could still park in the garage. Iā€™ve seen a lot of tents and in my opinion itā€™s got the best materials and build quality is the best. Heā€™s done a lot of research and a lot of field trials on it.

And no Iā€™m not a paid spokesman. šŸ˜

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically the same build as mine only I wanted manual so I had to go 2.3L, otherwise same down to the color. Can't wait for it to be built.

OP
OP
8cam

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5800 miles in and it gets better every drive. Time for a oil change and a 5 tire rotation on a gorgeous afternoon in Georgia.

FWIW the oil change is WAY easier than my old Corvette, and the filter is even wayer easier than my old Land Cruiser. Right up there with the easiest vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned - a Porsche 914.
Ford Bronco 8cam's 2-door Badlands E9B26A3A-5B19-431D-AA4D-40957EDA807F
Sponsored