First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which is totally insane to me. They started with a base 2 door at 29,5 but demand drove that price through the sky. 4 door was like 32 or something. I know my base v6 sasquatch 4 door was under 42 out the door or really, really close.

I would be entirely priced out at today's numbers.
Me too. I don't know how some of you afford even 50- 60K Broncos. The sticker was 38K when I got my reserved Basesquatch. I had to pay 2K more for "extras" like tint but I was not going to complain, I looked at it as a slight mark up and at the time Broncos were going for 5-10K over sticker. Still got it for a good price. If it was anymore than that I would have passed. This Bronco was the most I ever paid for a vehicle and I for sure won't buy new again and ever pay more than that.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me too. I don't know how some of you afford even 50- 60K Broncos. The sticker was 38K when I got my reserved Basesquatch. I had to pay 2K more for "extras" like tint but I was not going to complain, I looked at it as a slight mark up and at the time Broncos were going for 5-10K over sticker. Still got it for a good price. If it was anymore than that I would have passed. This Bronco was the most I ever paid for a vehicle and I for sure won't buy new again and ever pay more than that.

My new tacoma is 49k out the door with the features we want and we compromised a bit. It's more than I want to pay, but we need a new car and I wanted a bed, so I had to suck it up.

I don't know what or how people are justifying some of these prices.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new tacoma is 49k out the door with the features we want and we compromised a bit. It's more than I want to pay, but we need a new car and I wanted a bed, so I had to suck it up.

I don't know what or how people are justifying some of these prices.
Nobody needs a new car they want one.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Used trucks with 100K miles go for ridiculous prices too. You are going to pay for something that could be worn out and need repairs on top of a payment. So buying new may be better I think.

And yeah back to the post, build quality is something else too these days- so much plastic. I love my 87 Chevy Squarebody- it's all steel- the fender liners, glove box, ash tray (LOL), even the fender and front fascia trim is bolted or screwed on. So easy and fun to work on.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd rather buy a Base for $36k - then add some functional luxury.

Broncos in their interior materials and finish are more inline with a Grenadier than a Lexus.

If you CatSkin your seats to be leather, and wrap your dash, and wrap your A-Pillars in Alcantara - you are wasting your time. This is not a G-Wagen.

If you want an upgrade, do something in the spirit of the Bronco. Seats like these:
https://scheel-mann.com/pages/trucks-and-suvs

SEATS.png

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesnt leave you stranded like a Yugo either - (if you got the 4-pot)
I gues you are a Ford guy or not a Ford guy.
I am Ford guy I own two other Fords. One of them is a base model 2010 Ford escape XLS (base model) there are no broken parts in the interior. Love that car. Don’t plan on getting rid of it either. 4 others prior as well.

I bought the Bronco Wild track because I wanted a factory lift. I wanted the big wheels. I wanted to make sure that the wheels did not fall off like the guy on YouTube. I want to make sure that if parts come off my car, it was engineered by Ford and not put together with parts bought off the Internet. Besides, I do not have the time to modify my vehicle, and nobody touches my cars except me unless it’s a warranty item.

Wasn’t trying to start a sticky thread, but I am disappointed. I also broke a clip that holds the sensors on the bumper while I installing my hitch. Had to rig that up with tie wraps until I can get a replacement.

Just saying there are some quality issues that whether base model or a raptor should not have.

see link below.

Ford Bronco Cheap interior, build quality for $70k 1710440887996-lz

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do trucks cost so much? Because people who had no reason to buy a truck started buying them. They didn’t want the “ basic farmer’s special “, so the manufacturers started adding all the luxury items the urban cowpokes wanted or needed to convince their other half it was practical. Not to mention all the “ mandated or tossed in for for measure safety stuff”. Same goes for the Bronco. If farmers and ranchers were the main consumers the base model would reign supreme.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd rather buy a Base for $36k - then add some functional luxury.

Broncos in their interior materials and finish are more inline with a Grenadier than a Lexus.

If you CatSkin your seats to be leather, and wrap your dash, and wrap your A-Pillars in Alcantara - you are wasting your time. This is not a G-Wagen.

If you want an upgrade, do something in the spirit of the Bronco. Seats like these:
https://scheel-mann.com/pages/trucks-and-suvs

Ford Bronco Cheap interior, build quality for $70k 1710441315569-3r
I want to upgrade my seats to some nice aftermarket ones but can't figure out a work around for the airbag seat sensor.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the crux of EVERY car purchase - you bought the base model but they add stuff - base GX is insane; luxurious with lovely build materials and then they bolt on off road goodies. Bronco is bare bones off roader with luxury features pasted on top.

You rarely get it both ways. I'm sure they're out there, but the bronco is not where you go for a luxury, high quality experience. You get some horsepower with a body on frame build that can do some truck stuff.
Agreed. If the Bronco was built up to the standards of a true $70k vehicle, I probably would not own one, given my base cost under $30k. Bronco is a heck of a vehicle if bought at the right prices for the right reasons.

Also apparently I'm a "cheap date", because the driver seat lever broke off the day I picked up my Bronco, and 7 months later I'm still driving around with this in place of the lever:

Ford Bronco Cheap interior, build quality for $70k BroncoViceGripSeatLever_lr
Sponsored