First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest mistake was one i didnt know was a mistake was going to a small dealership because they treated me well, guess that bit me in the butt because they have maybe sole 10 broncos
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one should be waiting for a vehicle that they "need" for this long. If anyone is waiting on a Bronco because it is their only mode of transportation and hasn't pivoted to something else at least temporary, it's on them.
look at the number of people that are posting in this forum who are driving around in something that's on its last leg while they're getting strung along. If Ford isn't capable of building our orders then they need to relay that to folks so they can move on.

There is NO reason why people that reserved in the first 12 hours shouldn't have their Bronco by now. We will be going on almost an entire year of production by the time these scheduled Broncos get built.

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
look at the number of people that are posting in this forum who are driving around in something that's on its last leg while they're getting strung along. If Ford isn't capable of building our orders then they need to relay that to folks so they can move on.

There is NO reason why people that reserved in the first 12 hours shouldn't have their Bronco by now. We will be going on almost an entire year of production by the time these scheduled Broncos get built.
Amen brother. We were in this situation until just a month ago when some friends of ours moving to CO essentially gave us an '06 Escape to tide us until the Bronco comes because our Expedition has become unreliable. When we reserved almost 2 years ago we certainly didn't anticipate a wait this long to replace the Expy.

What's enraging to me is all of the folks in here getting loaded Badlands (i.e., more constrained than my order) production dates with a later reservation date than my wife and I. That's certainly not to shit on the elation they feel; it's out of frustration toward @Ford Motor Company and their complete lack of transparency. I just want to know if there's any chance I'll get a car this year or whether I should move on. An our dealer isn't huge, but they're getting a good amount of cars. They got something like 22 for all of 2021, and just since the beginning of this year they've received over 30.

pjbinns

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After a year of waiting, I have just made peace with this is more a pipe dream to pass time waiting on a bronco than an actual thing that will ever happen. The excitement is about as long gone as possible. Now I just pity Ford who will be known for the worst vehicle rollout in modern automotive history, as other auto makers have completely outperformed Ford with the same constraints and shortages.

Where Ford thought they could pad their production numbers by building and shipping stock broncos on the fly, they must not have accounted for reservation holders who didn't stay quiet like they were hoping. Reservation holders provide dark context to those numbers which tell the tale of complete failure and corporate greed. Their PR team cant escape this one, no matter how many trinkets they send to those they have abandoned.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was tough seeing all local Broncos driving around. Tempted but could not compromise: Badlands, 2.7, LUX, MIC, TOW...
Ford Bronco ⏱ Bronco Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Build Weeks 5/9 Through 5/23 SCHEDULED
Looks like a number of early reservations were finally picked up at my dealer.

Sponsored

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was tough seeing all local Broncos driving around. Tempted but could not compromise: Badlands, 2.7, LUX, MIC, TOW...
SCHEDULED.jpg
Looks like a number of early reservations were finally picked up at my dealer.
Congrats! What was your reservation date?

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No good news for me this week 😭

3EE6F381-5509-4FA4-86C1-4C05FAB7677F.jpeg

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! What was your reservation date?
08/23/20
The dealer had a lot of early first day reservations with 99 codes which helped.

Last edited:

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine finally updated on back door link with my first update since reorder in November! Base Mansquatch 05/09 build week!

Ordered mine through my small town dealer so don’t lose hope!

TailGunner

Badlands
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This link *only* works if you paid the $100 for a Bronco reservation on ford.com. You replace the Xs with your 8 digit reservation number. This will not work if you went into a dealer and placed an order without first having a reservation.

I assume it's called the "back door link" because you can't get to it without knowing it. It doesn't show up anywhere on ford.com.

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxx
Thank you, that makes sense.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree to disagree on the point that people should be mad about a car they "need" and they haven't found a temporary solution while they wait if needed. Notice I'm using the word Temporary, assuming they still want the Bronco. Find something that suits your needs today, and trade it in when your Bronco comes in, or fix the vehicle you have.

Now, I do agree I would be mad with a day 1 reservation and not having a Bronco yet, but I also can view the world around me and see that there are plenty of reasons why @Ford Motor Company hasn't been able to build 200,000+ Broncos yet to satisfy everyone.

I can also objectively see that while going in number order of reservation is admirable, its also unlikely it was ever going to happen unless car dealerships weren't a thing and the Bronco was dropped off at your house. Big guys were always going to cry foul, if the little guy was taking all the stock.

The whole situation sucks. I get that. I just seem to see nothing but toxic rage on here about what is arguably a "want" for everyone. I may not have been financially able to place a reservation on day one like some of you folks, and maybe you said to yourself, I'll figure out how to pay for it later, but I didn't. I waited till I could make it all work, and ordered a month and a half ago. I am prepared to wait for my Bronco. But not making a reservation doesn't mean I haven't been dreaming of this thing for years.

(B6G design contest rendering from 2016 represent...… I still wish this was the actual Bronco)
Ford Bronco ⏱ Bronco Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Build Weeks 5/9 Through 5/23 broncoss2

I hope everyone gets a Bronco soon, I just don't agree with a lot of the rhetoric on this site, that is all.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just goes to show you how screwed up the allocation cluster f#% made all of this. Basically same build (removed Tow and only High Package), but no build and I reserved over a month before you.

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just goes to show you how screwed up the allocation cluster f#% made all of this. Basically same build (removed Tow and only High Package), but no build and I reserved over a month before you.
Likewise. Incredibly frustrating.

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford isn't capable of building our orders then they need to relay that to folks so they can move on.
You assume that Ford gives a damn. (Spoiler alert: they don't)

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen several references to a back door link. Do you all have a VIN? Does this link work with order #/Dealer #? Please advise. Thanks! (I am so sick of the marketing folks with NO info and my dealer's snippy responses). I only contact each 1/month.
Do you have a reservation or did you order after the order banks closed?

Back door link is only working for my Black Diamond which I have a reservation for, but not working for my Wildtrak that I just ordered before the banks closed.

My dealer said (I know, Drink!) my new order was not pulled and I cannot access tracking as there is no VIN and also no reservation attached to the order.
Sponsored