Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heh, 7/20/2022 Will make TWO years.... still nothing
My res is 7/20/20 as well. MIC/OBX/Sasquatch/2.7L/Lux. No VIN yet but I’m optimistic I’ll get scheduled by September.
Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
and all that does is add to the problem...
That’s on Ford. You can bet that there will be many current unscheduled reservation/order holders that will place a second or third order with other dealers this August all because Ford decided to completely screw up the allocation system.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
the MY23 order bank opening won't mean they are stopping 2022 builds, those should run till at least November.

That said, if my July 2020 reserved bronco doesn't get a build date by the time the order banks open, I am ordering another bronco with another dealer. That will make four vehicles on order. See what comes in first.
Be careful. Ford is cracking down on this.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the MY23 order bank opening won't mean they are stopping 2022 builds, those should run till at least November.

That said, if my July 2020 reserved bronco doesn't get a build date by the time the order banks open, I am ordering another bronco with another dealer. That will make four vehicles on order. See what comes in first.
Be careful. Ford is cracking down on this.
They're actually not cracking down on this.
They're cracking down on dealers and name matching. So, in effect, the dealers would be punished for this dick move once the order is abandoned and they sell to other than the order holder.

They could crack down on exactly this and it may help marginally. It would seem quite easy to match orders to order holder information and raise flags in the order system to prevent duplicate, or multiple, orders.

But, obviously, @Ford Motor Company has their head so far up their ass with this launch, simple, reasonable ideas are far beyond possibility of implementation.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
They're actually not cracking down on this.
They're cracking down on dealers and name matching. So, in effect, the dealers would be punished for this dick move once the order is abandoned and they sell to other than the order holder.

They could crack down on exactly this and it may help marginally. It would seem quite easy to match orders to order holder information and raise flags in the order system to prevent duplicate, or multiple, orders.

But, obviously, @Ford Motor Company has their head so far up their ass with this launch, simple, reasonable ideas are far beyond possibility of implementation.
Ford can see how many orders are under a name and an email in their system. I’ve heard of several instances that dealers are calling to verify if customers are still planning to take delivery. If there are FOUR orders under one name and email, I’m sure that’s bound to look suspicious. Why would it be the dealers fault that they put in an order not knowing that the same customer has put in 5 more orders at different dealerships? It’s basically dealer hopping to see which gives you the best outcome, but this is a $40,000+ vehicle a company is producing for YOU. At some point people, not dealers, will have to be held accountable. It’s not cool to people who have ordered one and are patiently waiting, but then John Doe has put in 5 that he has no intention of picking up.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford can see how many orders are under a name and an email in their system. I’ve heard of several instances that dealers are calling to verify if customers are still planning to take delivery. If there are FOUR orders under one name and email, I’m sure that’s bound to look suspicious.
Correct, they can see the multiple orders, but have chosen to do nothing about that and haven't given the dealers this visibility.
Why would it be the dealers fault that they put in an order not knowing that the same customer has put in 5 more orders at different dealerships?
I was thinking the same. The crackdown shouldn't punish dealers for this. They have no visibility of dealer hopping as mentioned above. What it should punish is dealers having employees order with no intent of purchase - essentially creating stock orders.
It’s basically dealer hopping to see which gives you the best outcome, but this is a $40,000+ vehicle a company is producing for YOU. At some point people, not dealers, will have to be held accountable. It’s not cool to people who have ordered one and are patiently waiting, but then John Doe has put in 5 that he has no intention of picking up.
Yep... this is the dick move that is creating a larger mess.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today is day 681 and still no Vin or Schedule build date. Res. Date 7/16/2020. @novingang

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford said most would have their Bronco's. I think they will push as long as possible to complete another MY changeover. Especially for ones ordered in MY21.
thats what I am hoping for and hoping mine one of them before order banks open up because then mine get pushed back more.

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct, they can see the multiple orders, but have chosen to do nothing about that and haven't given the dealers this visibility.

I was thinking the same. The crackdown shouldn't punish dealers for this. They have no visibility of dealer hopping as mentioned above. What it should punish is dealers having employees order with no intent of purchase - essentially creating stock orders.

Yep... this is the dick move that is creating a larger mess.
All that said, I am with you. I plan to do this if I have to do so. Just use the wife's name, the wife's email address and one of our rental property's addresses at a different dealer.

I work in manufacturing and we have serious supply chain problems too, but if it hits September and I'm not scheduled as an early reservation holder that'll be like 488 days since production began (I don't measure days elapsed against reservation date, that's not a reality in my opinion as none were being produced yet). I'm a patient person I recently waited 358 days for something else to be manufactured, but I am getting tired and will be more so by September.

BroncoMeier

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Holy crap! Didn’t think the day would come. Talked to Ford rep and was given a VIN and build date of June 27. 2 door OBX. Lux. 6 banger. Cyber orange. Res date 11/01/20 at small town dealership