Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this colored pic kinda reminds me of the over-lux dated looking on debut new "Grand Wagoneer"

2026-scout-electric-suv-vw-group (1).jpg
Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro, we’ll said and 100% correct. E-grid can’t even keep peoples ac and lights on let alone charge everyone’s vehicle. Not enough minerals for mass battery replacement in 10yrs when current batteries need replacing. Total joke.
No one seems to get the complete destruction, depletion, non-replaceable/recyclable and utter waste of presious NATURAL RESOURCES for something that lasts maybe 10 years.

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish they would’ve gone with a scout version for bringing the scout back, instead of just slapping the name on another EV. Has “mustang” Mach-e vibes, or throwing Dart on a crappy 4 door economy car. Just choose a new name if you’re not going to stick to what it’s supposed to be. Seeing this though, even with all their mistakes along the way, makes me thankful Ford let the bronco be a bronco.

Should’ve thrown a diesel in it and they would crush sales. It’ll be interesting to see how they sell though. My guess, is folks who want an off-road vehicle are the same folks that have no interest in an EV, and that Volkswagen will carve out a large part of a very small market.

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Japan is calling it red hydrogen, and they plan to fuel their entire country with it.

Here in California, we're regularly warned to not use electricity in the evenings and not to charge electric vehicles during that time. This is while only 2% of the vehicles here are ev's. Do you see the conflict?
this colored pic kinda reminds me of the over-lux dated looking on debut new "Grand Wagoneer"

2026-scout-electric-suv-vw-group (1).jpg
total wagoner. I’d buy it if it was ICE only.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have read / heard this many times, yet have never known anyone to have any issues with VW's electronics. Wonder if this is just a myth. Also have owned 4 VW's over the years and they have all been great cars.
They've been better with this latest generation of cars but they were headaches if they're about 10 years old now.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They've been better with this latest generation of cars but they were headaches if they're about 10 years old now.
I currently have a '12 GTI and my wife drives a '13 eos. Her car is the one that worried me the most with all the sensors for the folding hardtop roof. Knock on wood they have been great!

Having said that the gti moves on when the bronco finally arrives

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just wonder how the frunk opens on the new EVs... the way the hoods opened on the Scout IIs would make it extremely difficult to load groceries into

Ford Bronco ⚡️ New Scout EV website is live! 20221022_110359

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you want to virtue signal to all those as if you are "saving the planet" this may be a vehicle for you. May you walk tall and hold your head up high. hahaha

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you want to virtue signal to all those as if you are "saving the planet" this may be a vehicle for you. May you walk tall and hold your HAND up high. hahaha
FIFY since VW was founded by the German Labour Front 🤪

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one seems to get the complete destruction, depletion, non-replaceable/recyclable and utter waste of presious NATURAL RESOURCES for something that lasts maybe 10 years.
This is not accurate at all. EV batteries can be recycled, and the material recovery rate is 95-98%. They can be made into new batteries once again. That "10 years" thing is at the bottom of the scale for lifespan. Federal law requires at least an 8 year /100k mile warranty, and CA is 10 year / 150k. There have been plenty of people out there who have easily exceeded those numbers, and the tech is always improving.

I get the issues with an off-roader and available charging, as well as towing. We're at the very beginning of the electric vehicle age. Compare the 2.7 in the Bronco to a gas engine from the 40's as far as weight, efficiency, power, and emissions. It's crazy how far we've gotten. Electric will be the same. You don't have to like it, but gas and diesel vehicles are going to stop being produced. I've had a hybrid once and I plan to again, or I'll go all-electric once the charging speeds get a touch better - they're getting faster every day.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOL

Vs drilling/fracking and whatever else is used in oil extraction?

Pot meet kettle

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Show your American pride by driving the all new Scout! **Made by Volkswagen

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is not accurate at all. EV batteries can be recycled, and the material recovery rate is 95-98%. They can be made into new batteries once again. That "10 years" thing is at the bottom of the scale for lifespan. Federal law requires at least an 8 year /100k mile warranty, and CA is 10 year / 150k. There have been plenty of people out there who have easily exceeded those numbers, and the tech is always improving.

I get the issues with an off-roader and available charging, as well as towing. We're at the very beginning of the electric vehicle age. Compare the 2.7 in the Bronco to a gas engine from the 40's as far as weight, efficiency, power, and emissions. It's crazy how far we've gotten. Electric will be the same. You don't have to like it, but gas and diesel vehicles are going to stop being produced. I've had a hybrid once and I plan to again, or I'll go all-electric once the charging speeds get a touch better - they're getting faster every day.
But yet they don't figure in the damage done by oil extraction and the addtional damage done by burning it in an ICE.

This is just like adding catalyic converters, using unleaded gas and enforcing CAFE from the 1970s or the Carb vs EFI debate in the in the 1980s...lots of people bitching about change for the better and having no clue that in the next 5-10 years most of the minor issues will be no issues at all.

It will be like when smartphones first came out-they'll have 80-90% of the market with in 10 years.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i'd like to see a two door version of this - will there be one? the renders i have seen all look like Range Rovers and Rivian pickups.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the scout, hate EVs. Bad enough my bronco sounds like a lawn mower or moped.
Sponsored

Last edited: