Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sooo...<9K 2-doors 'sold. Prolly <900 sporting my AMB.

I live in a 2-traffic-light town, and there are at least 3 4-door softies living either here, or near
I think they make a pill for that?
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they are rolling the dice - Ford and the dealers created that monster.

I'll likely buy both of them and sell one of them for a profit or breakeven considering demand will exceed supply for another 18+ months, IMO.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I willing to guess all 7500 FE’s were built way too many on autotrader for sale and on dealer lots, unless several people didn’t take them or changed their order
Many were canceled by reservation holders abd ford canceled a few too.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know why Ford would choose now to get upset about that. Granger's neighbor two hours west (Woodhouse) is a small town dealer who has been advertising they sell to all fifty states for over 30 years. Woodhouse is the tenth largest Ford dealer so I guess daddy's not too upset about that model.
The Omaha Metro area is home to roughly 1 million people. Is that really a small town to you? Granger, IA is a small town.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Omaha Metro area is home to roughly 1 million people. Is that really a small town to you? Granger, IA is a small town.
Agreed. Granger is a small town.
Woodhouse is in Blair, a town of 7,700 people. They were a tiny dealership who grew to top ten by selling across the country, just like Granger is attempting. It was even more difficult in the pre-internet days.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The optimist in me looks at production exceeding 10k units in each of the last two months of 2021 as an improvement. If Ford can maintain that monthly rate over 2022 its a good thing. 15k/month would even be better. I'm only six weeks into the wait and still patient. :)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stupid question: are those of you with multiple orders purchasing multiple Broncos? Or are the orders intended to see which one gets a build date first, and you guys on canceling the others once that happens?
Actually, one for me. The other one is because my girlfriend wanted one, and I needed a reservation for a price match challenge, so I put the order in, but she's buying it for her.

Her order is actually more expensive than the one I took delivery on, and arguably nicer, as I have a non-sasquatch OBX and she wanted the WildTrak. I went with Carbonized Gray and she wants Race Red. Otherwise, they are nearly identical.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it true that new orders cannot have MIC? That new restriction would lead me to believe that they’re running out of soft top orders in the near future and need to start filling the open production slots (and make dealer stock)

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it true that new orders cannot have MIC? That new restriction would lead me to believe that they’re running out of soft top orders in the near future and need to start filling the open production slots (and make dealer stock)
I hope not. Ford confirmed my order (no reservation) this past Monday, and we optioned the MIC.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's somewhat encouraging only 35,000 have been sold. Given the delays, they really are only getting started. Here's to seeing more Broncos on the street in 2022.

Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. It would be interesting to know how many of the roughly 125,000 original reservation holders who converted to an order have taken delivery. Maybe 35,000? It's no wonder my 7/20/20 reservation is still not scheduled.
Same with mine. 8/2/21 reservation, nothing yet but I have all the delaying factors, 2.7 engine, molded hard top and tow package!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

400 Broncos a day times 24 days per month = 9,600 per month; beat that the last two months. 👍🏻
The calculation is based on 1,000 total units a day, 60% Broncos which is 600 per day X 6 days a week = 3,600 X 4.3 weeks a month (standard calc) 15,480 per month. A backlog of 100,000 divided by 15,480 = 7 months to get 100K built. Parts availability and full production speed of course. So far, unfortunately, they have not hit full production speed. Wish they could.

Theoretically they could build 175,000 in a year which includes 3 weeks of plant shutdown.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Knowing how many hard tops can be made per month is a critical detail. Ford appears to be quickly running out of soft top orders. How quickly Ford can build the remaining orders and guesstimating build dates is going to depend on the hard top build rate.
Good point. I would hope by now they can crank out a LOT more hard tops per month compared to 6 months ago, but I don’t know what that number is currently.

I refuse to switch to a softie because I can’t see a la carte hard tops (besides aftermarket options) being available until after all the res holder orders are completed, which means definitely not until early 2023 at soonest. Plus, not knowing the price makes it risky…are they gonna charge you and an extra 5k-12k just to complete your Bronco the way you originally ordered it? Ouch

eugenemoyer8

Base
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My vehicle's been on hold for almost a month has anyone else had any QC problems

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

- notice the total '21 Production (54,562) includes ALL Broncos
- but the Sales (35,023) are U.S. only
- so ~ 10,000 to other countries

and that 35,000 includes ~ 5,000 dealer mannequins -
(according to @Bronco_AZ or @AZ_Bronco or @AZ_Liberty - can't remember which)

and ~ 15,000 to Ford employees, family, friends, & 'special favors'

therefore, only ~ 15,000 delivered to regular customers so far
Speaking of that, my dads neighbor 4 houses down has one that falls under super connected. Has had it for 6 months, I saw it when I went over to the house for Christmas, I need to go back over and talk to him lol
Sponsored