Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco December 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales: 9,168 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 35,023 vehicles.
    • December sales represent a 10.6% increase over November.
  • Bronco Production: 10,851 vehicles. Production (YTD): 54,562 vehicles.
    • December production represents a 3.3% increase over November.
  • Bronco in-transit inventory is up 14.4% over November.

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 3.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 1.jpg
So let me get this straight... Out of 190,000 reservations 160,000 orders. Only 35k broncos have been sold for 2021? Is that what Im seeing? Dam.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So let me get this straight... Out of 190,000 reservations 160,000 orders. Only 35k broncos have been sold for 2021? Is that what Im seeing? Dam.
pretty much why there are still day 1 / day 2 res holders without schedules or their Bronco who most likely have had an original order almost a year ago which will be next week.

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
pretty much why there are still day 1 / day 2 res holders without schedules or their Bronco who most likely have had an original order almost a year ago which will be next week.
Glad mine got here Dec 3rd. Res date 8/2. Order date Feb. Switched to soft top.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ˆ Bronco December 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 9,168 Sold / 10,851 Produced 20211204_090153_HDR

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Speaking of that, my dads neighbor 4 houses down has one that falls under super connected. Has had it for 6 months, I saw it when I went over to the house for Christmas, I need to go back over and talk to him lol
My son visited his rich friend last week, and the father somehow already has two Broncos. One for the father, the other for his wife. Per my son, they are not the sort of people who have it in them to ever do anything remotely exciting/risky with the vehicles, such as off-roading etc. They'll drive to the grocery store or whatever, lol.

Hoping Ford gets it's act together spitting out Broncos, to burn through those sort of buyers sooner rather than later.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey how do you know itโ€™s still inside the rail car? Mine has been at the final rail yard for a week now, but Iโ€™m assuming mine has at least been unloaded because my rail car can no longer be tracked. Iโ€™m trying to understand who is responsible for orchestrating the unloading of cars and then who finds a truck driver to transport it and how. There has to be someone out there who can do something about it
I call Florida East Coast Railway almost every day and ask them to look up my rail car. They tell me daily the car is still sitting and waiting to be spotted for unloading. Once the vehicle is unloaded, it should be fairly quick to get picked up by a truck. I would not assume your rail car has been unloaded. Mine has been inside the rail car for close to 4 weeks now. Makes me want to f_ck&%^$ scream.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The calculation is based on 1,000 total units a day, 60% Broncos which is 600 per day X 6 days a week = 3,600 X 4.3 weeks a month (standard calc) 15,480 per month. A backlog of 100,000 divided by 15,480 = 7 months to get 100K built. Parts availability and full production speed of course. So far, unfortunately, they have not hit full production speed. Wish they could.

Theoretically they could build 175,000 in a year which includes 3 weeks of plant shutdown.
Your backlog? 125,000 MY21 reservations, 54,000 produced) not all MY21, assuming half of those produced were not MY21 seems a bit harsh. Letโ€™s go with 80% were โ€ฆ 42,000 were so maybe 80,000 MY21 backlog. If 80% of 10,000 per month production is directed toward 2021 reservations, thatโ€™s 10 months to clean up the backlog. I donโ€™t see them hitting plant capacity limits any time soon - theyโ€™ll be parts constrained for 1 - 2 more years.

Torque

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your backlog? 125,000 MY21 reservations, 54,000 produced) not all MY21, assuming half of those produced were not MY21 seems a bit harsh. Letโ€™s go with 80% were โ€ฆ 42,000 were so maybe 80,000 MY21 backlog. If 80% of 10,000 per month production is directed toward 2021 reservations, thatโ€™s 10 months to clean up the backlog. I donโ€™t see them hitting plant capacity limits any time soon - theyโ€™ll be parts constrained for 1 - 2 more years.
Exactly!
And remember people seem to be doing calculations as if no new orders are occurring. Quite the contrary if Dec numbers hold constant the next 12 months 108,000 or so NEW orders will come in AND that impacts mixing and production scheduling.
As such even IF the MY 21 backlog was 80,000 you can bet the next 80,000 built will NOT be only those. Mixing constraints may mean they are building MY 22 orders 10/20/50/75% of the time they are wading through the MY 21 backlog.

it is what it is.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly!
And remember people seem to be doing calculations as if no new orders are occurring. Quite the contrary if Dec numbers hold constant the next 12 months 108,000 or so NEW orders will come in AND that impacts mixing and production scheduling.
As such even IF the MY 21 backlog was 80,000 you can bet the next 80,000 built will NOT be only those. Mixing constraints may mean they are building MY 22 orders 10/20/50/75% of the time they are wading through the MY 21 backlog.

it is what it is.
I agree with what both of you have said. However, it is hard to believe that many thousands of "new" off the street orders can be built when no similar/same early reservation holder can be built. Especially when many of us have see posts where a new order holder has their Bronco within 3-4 months that matches 100% to an early reservation holder's order. Sorry....but that makes no sense. For many of us this July will be a 2 year wait since reservation. If it goes beyond MY22 and pushed to MY23....I think Ford will lose orders and lose loyal customers as well. We shall see....

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being in Colorado... I have only seen TWO on the road that are not demos. Colorado is a big place, certainly.
Iโ€™ve seen maybe 6 total on the road (including my own) within 3 hours of Sacramento. Have yet to see a 2-door except for on dealer lots or at the Bronco Off Roadeo. Love the look of the 2-door, but just didnโ€™t work for me.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was 1 of those December sales!

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think reservation is still one of the factors ... together with parts, dealer allocation, regional allocation, profitability ... quit your whinging (complaining persistently and in a peevish or irritating way)! ๐Ÿ˜€
Where in my post was I whinging? Iโ€™m simply saying itโ€™s not as simple as first come first serve. I apologize if this offended you in some way.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where in my post was I whinging? Iโ€™m simply saying itโ€™s not as simple as first come first serve. I apologize if this offended you in some way.
No need to apologize my friend! We are in violent agreement! My guess is current production is 90% Reservations and 10% Orders (after close of reservations). Reservations timing are jumbled: parts constraints, dealer allocation, regional allocation, I suspect profitability (more $ first) โ€ฆ I have a 8/23/29 res, hoping for May/June build. Cheers!

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in Colorado... I have only seen TWO on the road that are not demos. Colorado is a big place, certainly.
Same here i also have seen only 2 in Colorado. When I drove to texas over the holidays I saw 4 parked in a driveway of a house in Dallas. just practicing some patience.
Sponsored