Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not me. Once you've had the tech and comfort features it's hard to go back.
Agree! When I first bought my Denali I didn't even know it had a heated steering wheel. I saw the button and said WTF is this? I pressed it and immediately knew it was going to be hard to go backward and live without it.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1612279665203.png

That's about what I show too: 60/40.
sure, but don't forget that around 15% of all orders are for a manual, they are forced into the 2.3

If you look at those with went with an automatic (taking out the manual numbers and the forced 2.3), you will find that an astounding 90% (or thereabouts) of all automatics went with the 2.7 (you could remove the WT and FE I suppose to break it down further, but I suspect those buyers would probably have popped for the 2.7 anyway). The rarest powertrain combination will be the 10% of automatic 2.3 units.

People want the bigger engine, bad. I am of the opinion that another 5-10% of the total orders would have gone with a manual if they had matched it with the 2.7 instead of the 2.3 with that 90% take rate (WT/FE obviously wanted the 2.7 in their rigs) on the automatics. Some folks gritted their teeth and went with the 10 speed instead, maybe a lot of them, just to get the 2.7.

Again, only 10% chose a model powered with the 2.3 and automatic. Ford left money on the table not having the 2.7 (with a choice of manual or automatic) as the low end engine option and a higher output engine of whatever flavor as the optional one.

No demand for manuals? They are 50% higher in demand on the 2.3 vs. the automatic. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Ford. Granted this forum is likely more enthusiast oriented than the public at large, but the numbers are still staggering.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So 75% of the base are two doors, and approximately 50% of those have the 2.7L engine and of those only 7% ordered shadow black so that come to 2.2 Black Base 2 doors with the 2.7L engine. Who else has my exact same build? And who managed to buy 20% of a Bronco?

Chuck.K

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the stats as displayed in the first post - is there a way to see (view only permission on the doc maybe?) those stats live/most updated info?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny that Jeep is adding options to the base to compete with Ford, hard top standard, a/c available on the Sport, now heated side mirrors and door locks are available on the base Sport...

but Ford isn’t adding any options (more colors, LEDs available on all trims, BD black steelies available on the base to continue to distance themselves and be the better value option...

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The high BL take rate make have something to do with that. I would have gone Race Red except for all the orange trim on the BL doesn't look good with the red on the door panel.
1612300731965.png

If I could have gotten the mid package on a BD, I would have gotten Race Red because the blue trim compliments it better.
1612300789780.png
Agreed it's harder to change/mask things such as stitching. Although with wraps and aftermarket trim pieces, changing interior colors/schemes has never been easier.

For fun my high school aged son wrapped part of our BRZ dash with some carbon fiber wrap (photo below). I think the wrap cost $12 and turned out surprisingly well. And being non-destructive, you can easily remove it, going back to stock or apply some other scheme.

Back in the day I had to mess around with prep/paint. Now I'm sold on this wrap stuff, plan to try it on some other trim pieces.

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions DashWrap_01

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So with the 2.3l at 25%, and the manual at 15%, it looks to me like the take rate for a stick is 60% when there’s actually a choice.
Don't forget the mid package restriction on everything except BL.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

...People want the bigger engine, bad. I am of the opinion that another 5-10% of the total orders would have gone with a manual if they had matched it with the 2.7 instead of the 2.3 with that 90% take rate...
I think it might have been even higher than that:
Take rate for models with MT available in at least 1 config:
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612656224930

Take rate for models with MT available in that specific config (2.3L Engine only):
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612656365517

I agree with you that Ford is leaving $ on the table by limiting the configurations where the MT is available. How many of the BLs and BDs with the MT would have rather had the 2.7L instead of the 2.3L? I'm one.
This is par for the course with Ford though, unless it is some sort of "performance" variant like the Focus ST or GT350. Maybe the "warthog" will have a MT option, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This tells me the poors are the main ones buying the 2 door.
Many will buy the 4dr for family reasons, and those same reasons will point you towards greater creature comforts, usb ports, etc, which I understand.

We have a family car already, so this will be my car...hence the 2dr and the Big Bend. removable roof βœ”, removable doors βœ”, manual βœ”, looks amazing βœ”, has a radio βœ”, capable to drive anywhere βœ”, easy to mid βœ”...everything else is unnecessary for me. I have simple tastes.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take rate for the manual on the trims it is offered is about 22.5%. Which is actually really high for the US.
1612211176085.png

There are also 4 people who responded that they are getting the MT with the 2.7 and a model/package that it isn't available. 1 BB with 2.7, 1 BD-mid, 1 BD-high, and 1 wildtrak
The strong relationship between 2dr, manual and basic equipment package is interesting and makes sense. I think it is a different perspective on how those/we buyers view their/our Bronco purchase.

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The strong relationship between 2dr, manual and basic equipment package is interesting and makes sense. I think it is a different perspective on how those/we buyers view their/our Bronco purchase.
The MT take rate on the 2 door is definitely higher, which makes sense to me, but the Lux package on Badlands with the 2.3L is still over 90%, 96% for the 2 door and 86% for the 4.
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612709773726

Even looking at the take rate overall, you get over 15% of Lux and 25% of high getting the MT.
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612709614330

Granted, the take rate for the base on the badlands with the 2.3L is 100%, but that is only 17 out of 142 badlands orders with the 2.3L engine. (528 total badlands orders)

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MT take rate on the 2 door is definitely higher, which makes sense to me, but the Lux package on Badlands with the 2.3L is still over 90%, 96% for the 2 door and 86% for the 4.
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612709614330

Even looking at the take rate overall, you get over 15% of Lux and 25% of high getting the MT.

Granted, the take rate for the base on the badlands with the 2.3L is 100%, but that is only 17 out of 142 badlands orders with the 2.3L engine. (528 total badlands orders)

I think we are reading these numbers differently.

the correlation seems present amongst the less expensive models as well.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think we are reading these numbers differently.

the correlation seems present amongst the less expensive models as well.
Right, but these numbers are for the models and packages that you can actually get the MT. Ford only offers the MT on the base package of the lower models, so you can't get the mid package on the BD or BB with the MT.
Sponsored