Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm fairly surprised that an enthusiast forum would have so many people opting into the high-end factory options rather than going for a more stripped down version then customizing with aftermarket.

2-door Basesquatch + 2.7 for $40k, then another $5k budget for a warrantied Ford tune, heated katzkin seats, cool aftermarket bumpers and rockrails, and aftermarket speakers that will blow B&O out of the water. The end result is a $45k truck that I'd choose any day of the week over any of these $55k Lux builds and it will be more unique. Still expensive, but $10k saved is $10k earned.

Don't get me wrong, I get the appeal of factory options and how well-integrated everything will be from day-1, plus all the other little bonuses that come with the higher trims/packages like the 360-camera. But for me, half of my excitement for getting my bronco comes from being able to dive into the aftermarket stuff and make it my own.
Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Converted reservation to order on 1/22/2021.
Badlands
4 door
2.7/auto
Velocity Blue
High Package
Leather
Sasquatched.
Tow package

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm fairly surprised that an enthusiast forum would have so many people opting into the high-end factory options rather than going for a more stripped down version then customizing with aftermarket.
Nah, look at the Wrangler forums...most of those guys start their builds with Rubicons. There is still plenty to be done to a Badlands if you want to build it up, but it comes out of the box strong.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm truly shocked that Race Red has such a low hit rate! I wonder if people have seen it and realize just how hot it is?
Race Red is my 2nd choice after CO. I’ve had 2 red F150s and 2 yellow/orange Focuses (Focii?) so I’d be happy with either. The CO is just such a deep colour with the tri-coat and I loved it under the Tangerine Scream moniker on my Focus ST.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm truly shocked that Race Red has such a low hit rate! I wonder if people have seen it and realize just how hot it is?
The high BL take rate make have something to do with that. I would have gone Race Red except for all the orange trim on the BL doesn't look good with the red on the door panel.
Ford Bronco 📈 Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612300731965

If I could have gotten the mid package on a BD, I would have gotten Race Red because the blue trim compliments it better.
Ford Bronco 📈 Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612300789780

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
The high BL take rate make have something to do with that. I would have gone Race Red except for all the orange trim on the BL doesn't look good with the red on the door panel.
I think there's definitely something to this. Can't imagine why anyone at Ford would think these bright interior trim colors were a good idea. Sure if you get a Cyber Orange BL it's awesome, but Race Red not so much

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think there's definitely something to this. Can't imagine why anyone at Ford would think these bright interior trim colors were a good idea. Sure if you get a Cyber Orange BL it's awesome, but Race Red not so much
Dumbest thing Ford has done. Really, really makes me question their basic competence

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, I'm not sure why they thought linking the interior trim color the the model was better than linking it to the exterior color. 🤔
I guess it doesn't matter if you go with white, grey, or black... 🙄

Dumbest thing Ford has done. Really, really makes me question their basic competence
The exterior team nailed it, but the interior team definitely left some room for improvement.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surprised with the low take rate of Rapid Red. I guess my bronco color won't be so popular.
Especially since it’s 20% of the options for the First Edition.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Take rate for the manual on the trims it is offered is about 22.5%. Which is actually really high for the US.
Updated with todays #'s and separated the engines and doors.

Take rate for the manual on the 2.3L is 58.25%
Take rate for the manual on available models regardless of engine choice is 22.81%
Take rate for the manual overall is 14.57%

This is still really impressive. According to C&D, the take rate for MTs overall has declined from just over 7% in 2014 to just over 2% in 2019. I can't find specific #s for the wrangler, but it was supposedly 10-20% around 2016, when there was speculation the JL might not offer one, so 14.5% would put the Bronco right in the same range.

Sorted by engine first:
Ford Bronco 📈 Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612307004915

Sorted by model first
Ford Bronco 📈 Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 1K Submissions 1612307181763

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't seen this much pivoting in a thread since Ford announced their 'allocation' methodology to appease large volume dealerships.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly kinda surprised the highest number is the most expensive build. It's what I am getting but just surprised by it.
Good point. I think maybe the folks who passionately follow every detail here are the ones who will want all the great options and then share their purchase with everyone. So the statistics are skewed to those who can afford the upgrades and can't wait to share. There may be a lot of people getting the basic model and aren't sharing.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. I think maybe the folks who passionately follow every detail here are the ones who will want all the great options and then share their purchase with everyone. So the statistics are skewed to those who can afford the upgrades and can't wait to share. There may be a lot of people getting the basic model and aren't sharing.
Considering the F150 top selling trim levels are the XL and XLT I have a hard time believing this is accurate data.
Sponsored