Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

Terrified..."caused to feel extreme fear."

This is how you feel? If so, then you shouldn't buy this vehicle. You shouldn't participate in any process that causes you to feel terrified.

If you have the thought that your $60k purchase is a lemon, then back out now...seriously. I wouldn't buy a vehicle that I thought might be a lemon.

Of course, you could be typing hyperbolicly, being purposefully over the top to get attention.

Some of you seem to enjoy being negative. Some of you should probably step away from the forum for a while as you are marinating yourself in bad news, like senior citizens watching the news. The more you read about bad shit, the more you start to believe there is only bad shit in the world.

Many, many people have gotten their Bronco and have been very happy. I am one of them. Their threads are not boosted to the top because people love to promote the negative posts. It is how the forum is organized...negative rises to the front page and stays there. So, this is all some of you will see.

At the end of the day, I really enjoy my Bronco. No problems to date and it is a joy to own and drive. That said, it is just a car, a physical item. If it caused me stress, no way would I have waited for it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

Terrified..."caused to feel extreme fear."

This is how you feel? If so, then you shouldn't buy this vehicle. You shouldn't participate in any process that causes you to feel terrified.

If you have the thought that your $60k purchase is a lemon, then back out now...seriously. I wouldn't buy a vehicle that I thought might be a lemon.

Of course, you could be typing hyperbolicly, being purposefully over the top to get attention.

Some of you seem to enjoy being negative. Some of you should probably step away from the forum for a while as you are marinating yourself in bad news, like senior citizens watching the news. The more you read about bad shit, the more you start to believe there is only bad shit in the world.

Many, many people have gotten their Bronco and have been very happy. I am one of them. Their threads are not boosted to the top because people love to promote the negative posts. It is how the forum is organized...negative rises to the front page and stays there. So, this is all some of you will see.

At the end of the day, I really enjoy my Bronco. No problems to date and it is a joy to own and drive. That said, it is just a car, a physical item. If it caused me stress, no way would I have waited for it.
I enjoyed reading your reply, especially the way your tone started soften as your blood pressure went down.
Nice to here you love your Bronco and
I hope I love mine when comes. I definitely enjoyed the experience I had at the Las Vegas Offroad.
and yes I chose my words for dramatic effects, Hell I could’ve said I was petrified lol

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m surprised they kept reading past “Boeing Quality Leader”. LOL. How many letters did you write to your own executives? Or is that why you retired?

These kinds of quality control issues happen to every 1st gen vehicle. There are thousands of people that have 0 issues whatsoever. If people are concerned then they shouldn’t buy a 2021.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I enjoyed reading your reply, especially the way your tone started soften as your blood pressure went down.
Nice to here you love your Bronco and
I hope I love mine when comes. I definitely enjoyed the experience I had at the Las Vegas Offroad.
and yes I chose my words for dramatic effects, Hell I could’ve said I was petrified lol
Some of us who have driven Toyota for 33 years are concerned. :cool:

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because we should have to paint our tailgate or any other part on a new car :rolleyes:
For real, that's retarded. That would be like.... just imagine spending $40k on your Bronco then ford Delivers it missing an entire door, and the dealer is like, "Hey come on guy! It's 99.99999999% perfect during c0ViD! Read the manual and it will tell you how to put a new one on, 5 minutes easy!"

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

May
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Maybe you could get Ford to make a front mud flaps for the Sasquatch

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol, toyota has had roughly 2 generations of vehicles in the past 33 years.
Not everyone needs or wants a 767 cockpit in their truck. I was standing at a corner in Santa Monica this week and a 1st Gen 4Runner drove by. Looked & sounded great. Was an early 80s model I think.

Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a certified mechanic I personally check the entire vehicle prior to use the first time.

Also most if not all shown issues should have been noticed and corrected during the predelivery set up at the dealer.
If that didn't happen shame on the dealer not Ford.
Having sold Fords, Shelby's, Cobras and GT-40s back in 66 - 70 I can tell you if all that's wrong with my NEW Bronco scheduled to be built on 12/3/21 is a un painted fuel door, Hats off to Ford for producing a 99.99999% prefect Bronco in the worst environment ever know on the planet.
Not to degrade anybody, but why are you buying one of the most sophisticated off-road vehicle's in history if you know nothing about it. I recommend reading the 500+ page owners Manuel as I have first and then get a can of paint to fix any glaring flaws your self.
I'm confused as you state that these issues should have been corrected by the dealer during the pre-delivery inspection/ set up,,,,blaming the dealer,,,,but then also suggest that we each read the owners manual (which magically turns us into an auto mechanic?) and fix any flaws ourself,,,blaming the consumer for wanting a new vehicle that has already had any quality issues sorted out before it reaches us?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Butzy, agreeing with you about not bashing union workers, I was one early in my career. You list many examples of personal issues, to be clear, you're saying these are current personal issues at the Ford Bronco MAP factory, and you believe some of this leads to the Bronco quality issues?

You seem to have a lot of insight into the MAP factory personnel and salary division people at Ford but you say you do not work for Ford. Do you work for one of the Ford contractors or suppliers that takes to MAP daily?

When you say your "I'm in here daily", do you mean at MAP or on the forum?
I do not work for a supplier. A contractor, yes but haven't worked in MAP. I'm here in the forum daily reading most of the posts. I'm no expert on the goings-on in the plant but can place real world experience into my views which ultimately can be boiled down to assumptions. I have worked in enough manufacturing facilities, including automotive plants to arrive at my statement in addition to Ford's lack of response to countless inquiries on these topics in this forum and others.
I am not much more informed than most of the people in this forum. I work construction and learn about the facilities I work in. They are the same across the country.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
chipped MIC top. Driverside panel has foam pinched ( see other side of or what it should look like.) If you bone this what about the stuff I can't see?
Ford Bronco 📝 UPDATE Dec 12th: My Letter to the Ford Executive Team: Submitted Customer Feedback Proposal and Response IMG_20211202_131759391

IMG_20211202_131856258.jpg

IMG_20211202_131851294.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • Wow
Reactions: Cat