Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Cat

what email did you use to contact Ford? Ours got delivered with wrong color seats? Dealer says they can’t do anything about it.

well, clearly then your dealer is useless,, and full of crap. Go over his head, someone above him can right your situation.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not everyone needs or wants a 767 cockpit in their truck. I was standing at a corner in Santa Monica this week and a 1st Gen 4Runner drove by. Looked & sounded great. Was an early 80s model I think.
I’m surprised toyota does not still produce the 22r, or 22re.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Cat

what email did you use to contact Ford? Ours got delivered with wrong color seats? Dealer says they can’t do anything about it.
Another lying ass dealer, why am I not surprised. Cody, contact the Ford Customer service number (sorry I don't have it on hand). There are 2 more complaints of the same problem on the forum, so you're not alone. Good luck

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess......Will S is a probably great intern who was thrown into a customer-facing role with zero information and no roadmap to potentially accessing information.

Ford management is clueless about dealing directly with customers; the Pandora's Box they've opened by piloting Bronco's customer-direct model will likely be a failure of epic proportions.
Actually, I'm guessing in spite of the challenges Ford views its reservation program as a success.

Ford will have to continue to improve, and it's getting a hard lesson in many of the areas it'll have to improve, but I don't see a "failure of epic proportions" here. I see a bold step forward into a situation fraught with challenges. And plenty of mistakes. But that's often how things change.

Unfortunately, many of us here have participated in that rollout and engaged in a forum that magnified anecdotal evidence - particularly the negative experiences - that make it feel worse than reality and, eventually, sales will support. Bronco, and the direct-to-consumer marketing and sales philosophy, are still more likely to succeed than not.

Ford is trying to change a century-old way of doing business. It's going to be bumpy.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Actually, I'm guessing in spite of the challenges Ford views its reservation program as a success.

Ford will have to continue to improve, and it's getting a hard lesson in many of the areas it'll have to improve, but I don't see a "failure of epic proportions" here. I see a bold step forward into a situation fraught with challenges. And plenty of mistakes. But that's often how things change.

Unfortunately, many of us here have participated in that rollout and engaged in a forum that magnified anecdotal evidence - particularly the negative experiences - that make it feel worse than reality and, eventually, sales will support. Bronco, and the direct-to-consumer marketing and sales philosophy, are still more likely to succeed than not.

Ford is trying to change a century-old way of doing business. It's going to be bumpy.
All Ford did was give the dealers new ways of screwing customers.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Ford did was give the dealers new ways of screwing customers.
You can look at it that way, or you could look at it from Ford's perspective which includes 120,000+ orders before they'd ever produced one. And direct contact with end customers.

The dealer network still creates challenges for this model, and Ford will have to find new ways to navigate it because it's obviously presenting issues for this approach.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can look at it that way, or you could look at it from Ford's perspective which includes 120,000+ orders before they'd ever produced one. And direct contact with end customers.
Unfortunately for Ford, its the 'contact with customers' part where they screwed the pooch. Turns out I can order a pack of chewing gum on the internet and access FAR MORE customer service than Ford has even imagined.

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My fuel door is missing the spring component on the inside of the door to pop it open. I’ve been using a popsicle stick to get it open ever since I took delivery in August. I guess it’s a safety feature given gas prices? 😂😂😂😂

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good for you in sending that letter and after seeing this post I am glad I didn't "cave in" so to speak and jump on ordering or buying one anytime soon. I knew there was a reason I was holding back. In this time, there is no excuse for shitty build quality....none at all.

Sponsored
First Name
peng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep renegade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
and I have a big question! what did ford were thinking? why they made so much trim level, I feel that was very unnecessary, why big bend can only have a 4.27ratio while with a rear locker? why bd only have one interior choice,why there has to have a outerbanks ? why the painted fender couldn't be a selectable choice in trims, etc. why why why?I just cant figure it out.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is definitely a negative feedback loop on this forum. Driven by understandable reservation holder angst and delivery issue rants. I've been on many auto forums and it doesn't matter which vehicle, if you read the forum posts it would seem that every vehicle on the road is falling apart and designed by some homicidal maniac. Hardly anyone posts positives but we all love to pen a great rant!

I think some of the seat/paint issues etc. are based on management performance goals..."We need to get X number of Broncos out the door in a day/week/month. Line Worker to Foreman, hey these seats don't match...Foreman: I don't care get things out the door my annual bonus depends on it!" This is hypothetical and tongue in cheek. 🤪

That being said, since the beginning I thought parking MIC top reservations (Dirt Mountain) was a stupid move on Ford's part. I've always thought they should've shipped those with a soft top and promised a MIC top to follow on if the reservation holders still wanted one.

Kind of makes me wonder if there is some crucial component missing other than the top or an issue that is being reworked on that first batch.

Thanks for opening the dialogue @Cat

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately for Ford, its the 'contact with customers' part where they screwed the pooch. Turns out I can order a pack of chewing gum on the internet and access FAR MORE customer service than Ford has even imagined.
The biggest problem in my mind has been the inconsistencies in communication. In some cases they over share and in others they are silent. They aren't the only big company to fail this way but it is a glaring issue in this whole Bronco buying process.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
great work man

Reactions: Cat

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The biggest problem in my mind has been the inconsistencies in communication. In some cases they over share and in others they are silent. They aren't the only big company to fail this way but it is a glaring issue in this whole Bronco buying process.
Clearly Ford would be a GREAT company if it wasn't for the fact their business model requires actual customers.

Customers have been giving Ford tepid CSAT scores for decades, so their performance is well entrenched.
Sponsored