First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what are you talking about? Please explain why police fleets around the world are testing electric vehicles if they cost more to operate.

Btw gas vehicles will go away when there is no more fossil fuel.
My prediction is the local/federal government will put a massive tax on fuel or ICE registrations. They’ll force people to switch to electric that way. I’m all for EVs but for me to be all in they have to fully charge in 10 mins and have a 400/500 mile range the tech isn’t quite there yet. I also wonder about recycling the battery’s and the longevity of them.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is coming whether you like it or not. And do you think the fossil fuel industry is clean? Lol

My prediction is the local/federal government will put a massive tax on fuel or ICE registrations. They’ll force people to switch to electric that way. I’m all for EVs but for me to be all in they have to fully charge in 10 mins and have a 400/500 mile range the tech isn’t quite there yet. I also wonder about recycling the battery’s and the longevity of them.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is ford taking money for a 7G reservation? If all or most cars are electric we will loose much of our freedom to travel as the Grid can easily be controlled and the grid cannot support millions of EVs as has been discussed much. In Europe gas is about $8 a gallon due to taxes on it. Those ford plans can be erased in an instant.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something tells me we won't be putting petrol in the 7g Broncos.
I think you're right. Hopefully, the range will be north of 500 miles, and take less than 15 minutes to fully charge.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might see things like they did with the JL/JK Wrangler and new Grand Cherokee. Keep making the old gas powered one while the EV is introduced and slowly phase out based on demand. If anything is advancing at a rapid rate it's EV tech.
In five years, almost all personal vehicles will be BEV's. The ICE had a good run, but it's pretty much over.

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
6th gen (U725) Bronco deliveries are just recently underway and we're still seeing teething and supply issues, but we're here to share a look ahead with info that we've just learned about the timing of the 6th gen refresh, end of production, and timing of the 7th gen Bronco!

6th Gen (U725) Bronco Refresh / Update
  • Mid-2022 - Bronco Raptor launch
  • Q4 2024 -- Bronco MCA (Mid Cycle Action) refresh enters production - as a 2025 Model year

6th Gen (U725) Bronco End of Production
  • 2028 - End of Production for 6th gen (U725) Bronco

7th Gen Bronco
  • To be built on brand new architecture.
  • Not yet in development or even in the whiteboard phase.
  • Comes earliest as 2053 Model Year

**Dates are current as of Sept 2021. As usual, timing is subject to change due to production/market conditions.
Updated to reflect the 25 year break between generations.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel there’s a crystal ball somewhere in this scenario
OEM's publish this sort of information all the time. Automotive News is a good source for future product plans.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Battery prices keep dropping and the technology keeps advancing at a rapid rate. I believe this Bronco and my wife's next Expedition, will be the last ICE vehicles we'll own.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In five years, almost all personal vehicles will be BEV's. The ICE had a good run, but it's pretty much over.
I would be cautiously pessimistic of that drastic of a shift but am hopeful. We just saw Ford today announce its massive plans for a green plant in TN and increasing battery production which helps.

However, we need to see a huge push for an increase in the amount of electrical power which major cities have on tap. The rolling blackouts of CA are fairly dramatized (vs TX at least) but we could see more of those without more power production.

The other big push we need to see is a unified charging network. Tesla knows the power they hold with the supercharger network and the EU thankfully had enough of it. If we get a unified network (I don’t want 5 apps just to power my car) EV adoption rate would skyrocket.

Sponsored

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question is can I change my order on the 13th to a Raptor Bronco?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would be cautiously pessimistic of that drastic of a shift but am hopeful. We just saw Ford today announce its massive plans for a green plant in TN and increasing battery production which helps.

However, we need to see a huge push for an increase in the amount of electrical power which major cities have on tap. The rolling blackouts of CA are fairly dramatized (vs TX at least) but we could see more of those without more power production.

The other big push we need to see is a unified charging network. Tesla knows the power they hold with the supercharger network and the EU thankfully had enough of it. If we get a unified network (I don’t want 5 apps just to power my car) EV adoption rate would skyrocket.
I think initially, higher income households will be the early adapters, because most live in single family dwellings with their own charging station. People who live in multiple dwellings will start to insist that their landlords, or HOA's, provide access to charging. The roadside charging stations will increase as more BEV's hit the road. Battery technology will increase as OEM's and others pour billions into research and development. When the price of a BEV is lower than an ICE vehicle, demand will explode. That day may not be that far into the future.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question is can I change my order on the 13th to a Raptor Bronco?
As far as we are aware you will not be able to transfer an existing Bronco order/reservation to the Raptor as it's a "performance" line and are a different allocation system. Best bet is to call your dealer and ask if they have a wait list or contact Granger here as they have a wait list going.
Sponsored