AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The PL protection is not unique to Bronco. It actually applies to every Ford vehicle.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Body code on the Bronco is the Drivetrain/Door.
E5A - 2 Door Partial 4x4 (Non-Sasquatch/Badlands)
E5B - 4 Door Partial 4x4 (Non-Sasquatch/Badlands)
E5C - 2 Door Advanced 4x4 (Sasquatch/Badlands)
E5D - 4 Door Advanced 4x4 (Sasquatch/Badlands)
E4C - 2 Door Heritage
E4D - 4 Door Heritage
E4E - 2 Door Heritage Limited
E4G - 4 Door Heritage Limited
E5J - 4 Door Raptor
Tim,

My 2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 without Sasquatch is an E5C body code.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ol’ Jimbo thinks he can price increase Ford into profitability. Not gonna happen. To make Ford consistently profitable manufacturing needs to be more cost efficient in hand with making Ford vehicles reliable while not pissing off suppliers, labor and buyers in the process.

If he can’t accomplish that then it’s time to step away to
let someone that can.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You think that 9.1% number was real? lol...

The good news in all of this is we should depreciate less and folks that got 21-22s are sitting pretty right about now. I think I'll have this thing almost paid off before it's worth less than I paid especially when the prices get jacked up every few months.
Exactly, that is the "official" number, but it certainly does not reflect the reality of the situation.

BTW, if you didn't see these "price corrections" and interest rate hikes coming, then you probably were not paying attention. I locked in my interest rate on my Bronco in July 2021 (even though I was not able to take delivery until November 2021) because I was unsure how quickly it was going to get ugly. I knew that we were about to experience significant financial pain in the near future. It took several months longer than I expected, but by Jan 2022 it should have been obvious to everyone.

Last edited:

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curosity I just used the Fords build your Bronco tool to see what the difference is between today and my MSRP sticker.
Jan 2022 $54255
Today $58400
Increase $4145 or 7.64%

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The PL protection is not unique to Bronco. It actually applies to every Ford vehicle.
So are you saying... my Raptor order that was placed in March 2022, then again in Sept 2022, Will stay at the original price I had in March of 2022??

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I guess its time to give up on the Bronco and either pick up a 2012 Honda Civic or be like everyone else and get a Wrangler...

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn! Glad I got built yesterday. Basesquatch with mod bumper and aux is up $2,250.

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Over the whole of 2022, inflation averaged 9.1%. Over that same time period, ford has increased the price of my build by 17.3%.

Im sick of these companies using the excuse of inflation to increase prices well beyond what inflation actually is. It’s happening in nearly every industry in America, we’re getting ripped off in every direction.
I agree that if any company increased their prices 17% in a year that does not reflect inflation. But certainly closer to 5% would be reasonable because that’s how much their costs are going up.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: price increase confirmed by @FordVideoGuy

2 door increased $1800
4 door increased $1300
Raptor increased $2800
D&D increased $200
Effective 2/10. Any changes to body code after that will see the higher price. Dealers SHOULD honor price from order based on order date not the updated price on the invoice at delivery (Price Protection).
So I’m guessing this makes our model year transition amount even larger..?

Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that if any company increased their prices 17% in a year that does not reflect inflation. But certainly closer to 5% would be reasonable because that’s how much their costs are going up.
I don't disagree.

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I was playing around with the Build & Price today, build a Big Bend with the same options I had before, cargo drawer, cargo area rug, splashguards, removable hood steps, auxiliary switches and rear locker and it came out to $1,880 more than when I built it last week.

Also, why is the destination charge more for Big Bend then Base with Sasquatch package?

By the time I'm going to be able to actually order a Bronco it will be $5,000 more than the original price which at that point I'll just get a Base 4 door with zero options. :mad:

Ford can get away with this because they know that 99.99% of the people are going to finance the Bronco and all the customers care about is the monthly payment, they don't care if it's for 120 months or whatever, they just care about the monthly number.

At this point boys I think the best option would be to wait it out for 2 or 3 years and buy a used CPO Bronco. There are A LOT of Bronco owners out there who bought the vehicle without even test driving it thinking that it's going to be as quiet as a Lexus. Just look at all the threads out there. I bet there are going to be a lot of them for sale in a couple years.
Idk- have you seen the videos of the broncos driving through water that’s well above the vehicle specs? Those are gonna end up on a lot somewhere, buyer beware.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are you saying... my Raptor order that was placed in March 2022, then again in Sept 2022, Will stay at the original price I had in March of 2022??
No. If you had a 22MY converted to 23MY there is no price protection back to the 22MY price. But since the price went up from your 23MY you will get the PL protection from your 23MY original price.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m guessing this makes our model year transition amount even larger..?
NO. you model year transition amount stays the same. You will get that at POS, because it is a rebate in SmartVincent and you will (should) get the price protection in addition.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NO. you model year transition amount stays the same. You will get that at POS, because it is a rebate in SmartVincent and you will (should) get the price protection in addition.
So I will have to pay for the increase that went into effect yesterday? Or no? Sorry I’m not understanding lol
Sponsored