Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

New Bronco competitor has entered the fray -- the 2025 Toyota 4Runner made its official debut tonight.

Here's links to the official info, specs, photos, videos, and first look reviews compilation:

Ford Bronco 🚨 4Runner Official Debut - Info, Specs, Pics, Videos + First Look Reviews 2025-toyota-4runner-

Ford Bronco 🚨 4Runner Official Debut - Info, Specs, Pics, Videos + First Look Reviews 2025-4runner-

* create/copy your account at 4Runner6G with just 1-click at your account copy menu âś…
Sponsored

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see it the more I don't like it. I think it looks like a beefy RAV4. If I were in the market I think I would be snatching up a 2024 while they're still around, much better looking.

I'm still really wanting to see what/if Toyota offers something shorter like an FJ. I would really like to see Nissan revive the Xterra based off the new Frontier. That would be a day 1 buy for me.

Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Toyota with limited production, probably by choice, and a big following. These things will sell before they hit the lot and with an ADM for the first 6-12 months. Like the turbo change to the Tundra, I would wait to see if there are post production gremlins that show up prior to buying. I do have confidence that Toyota will fix these quickly unlike many American companies. I'm sticking with my Bronco for sure.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Said it months ago and will again, this thing will sell like free gold nuggets and it should.

Regardless of the 4 banger turbo or hybrid (hybrid is much better and worth the extra $$), the giant screen sticking up and whatever, it’s a great truck for 2024. Not sure where Toyota will slot it, but they’ll move units easy for the next several years.

Stop with the early hate guys, no one is coming for your Bronco….today. However, the competition will be awesome. Many of you don’t really like the Bronco you have anyway; here is a good trade option for you. A 4Runner has always been a good city and suburb cruiser, as many don’t have the stomach for how an off-roader feels, drives, or lacks in creature comforts.

You definately should praise what the Toyota frontal assault will do to prices; they’ll tank on all SUVs including Bronco which is now priced as insane. For those of us who had price protection from 2020, we’re good, but others have gotten hosed; this will stop this Fall.

Ford must be rethinking the refresh, as they can’t punk out now! They also should bring over the Everest as the Explorer is not good in the dirt.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I like it. I like the 4Runner, I owned one a few years back. I think this looks more aggressive than the current model. They're finally updating it, as it's been quite some time. The engine being a 4 cylinder leaves a bit to be desired, but the hybrid gives it more HP and torque at the bottom end. However, like the Tundra it's only good for low end and starting, it doesn't help with anything high end. The towing capacity is higher than the Bronco, but even the Tundra was still lower than other full sized trucks. The 4Runner isn't really an off-roader trying to compete with the Jeep and Bronco, it will still sell like hot cakes though. And I really like the new green color. Toyota really does some great colors. I loved my Inferno Tundra, and wanted a Solar Octane Tundra TRD Pro but wasn't paying a 20k mark up.

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to have an older Taco with a dead powertrain to ton and put a BT diesel in!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Said it months ago and will again, this thing will sell like free gold nuggets and it should.

Regardless of the 4 banger turbo or hybrid (hybrid is much better and worth the extra $$), the giant screen sticking up and whatever, it’s a great truck for 2024. Not sure where Toyota will slot it, but they’ll move units easy for the next several years.

Stop with the early hate guys, no one is coming for your Bronco….today. However, the competition will be awesome. Many of you don’t really like the Bronco you have anyway; here is a good trade option for you. A 4Runner has always been a good city and suburb cruiser, as many don’t have the stomach for how an off-roader feels, drives, or lacks in creature comforts.

You definately should praise what the Toyota frontal assault will do to prices; they’ll tank on all SUVs including Bronco which is now priced as insane. For those of us who had price protection from 2020, we’re good, but others have gotten hosed; this will stop this Fall.

Ford must be rethinking the refresh, as they can’t punk out now! They also should bring over the Everest as the Explorer is not good in the dirt.
Agree and I don't know why it has to be an all or nothing position. Both the Bronco and 4Runner can be/are great trucks, albeit in slightly different niches.

As far as prices, LOL they are never coming down. Best we can hope for is smaller incremental increases every MY.
Sponsored