DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
very disappointed that the 2.7 isnt offered with a manual, but I think having a manual in the Bronco is more important To me than the bigger motor and with a tune, the 2.3 should pick up another 50hp.

SVR

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7 bigger is better ?

bronconewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Does anyone know which is the highest trim I can get that comes with MT? I was going to get Wildtrack but I read that it doesn't have a MT option.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MPG is going to be a real concern for me, especially since I most likely will go with the Sasq package to get the front locker (primarily). But until those numbers come out, loading up the 4-Door Bronco with all the gear, and driving up hills at freeway speeds with the A/C going on a 100 degree day = 2.7 required.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MPG is going to be a real concern for me, especially since I most likely will go with the Sasq package to get the front locker (primarily). But until those numbers come out, loading up the 4-Door Bronco with all the gear, and driving up hills at freeway speeds with the A/C going on a 100 degree day = 2.7 required.
Get the 2.3 Ecoboost Auto four door to save on some MPG. That is what I am doing.

SmallStranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broomstick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve gotta go with the 2.3. I would’ve taken the 2.7 in a heartbeat, but a manual transmission is the only true “must have” for me. I’m upset about not having the Sasquatch package option (hopefully that changes) but I’m putting my money where my mouth is and rewarding Ford for developing a new manual transmission, even if I don’t like everything about its implementation.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve gotta go with the 2.3. I would’ve taken the 2.7 in a heartbeat, but a manual transmission is the only true “must have” for me. I’m upset about not having the Sasquatch package option (hopefully that changes) but I’m putting my money where my mouth is and rewarding Ford for developing a new manual transmission, even if I don’t like everything about its implementation.
Same. At this point the power numbers are what matters not the number of cylinders.
I plan on going 2.3 / manual / 2-door.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.3 manual for me. if extra power is needed, i can put in a tune and new intercooler. if i want to go fast, i would have bought a different car. and 50kph+ in ontario is a huge fine, car impounded, license suspended, plus plus plus.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know which is the highest trim I can get that comes with MT? I was going to get Wildtrack but I read that it doesn't have a MT option.
The Badlands is the highest trim level with MT option.

As for me, I will be going with the 2.3 just to get the manual. That little motor has a surprising amount of power even without mods, so I can live with it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 3.5 so hard to get the little 2.3 but my first choice is 2.7 but I might stick with 2.3 if I can use the 2.7 upgrade $ for something of more value to me. I can always explore 2.3 tuning, its going to bump it to 2.7 range anyways just need to accept warranty voids. I had a 13 Focus ST with a tuned 2.3 and it was night/day difference from stock.

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2.7 because it's the biggest I can get for desert running

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since it was No Row No Go for me I was happy to be able to get a manual but bummed out about not also being able to get the 2.7. But after comparing the 2-door Bronco 2.3 with my 2008 4-door Jeep Liberty 3.7V6 I am still gaining power & torque - 60 more hp and 75 more # torque. And I will be losing 300# in weight. ? But I am losing 3 " in length - my gf not happy about that. ☹:LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited: