broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you must have the automatic (like me, I've had my fill of manuals), why wouldn't you pay $300 more for the 2.7tt ... regardless of resale value...?? This is not a green machine, it seems like a no brainer to me.
Not sure where you have seen that. It’s $1900 for the upgrade.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the answers. Some good information!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not necessarily. The 2.7L is $1,895, the auto is the only transmission that can be had with that engine. The 2.3L is standard, to add the auto you add $1,595. For instance on the badlands, adding the 2.7 adds the auto for $1,895 total. If you add the Sasquatch on the base (probably other models too) you get the auto with it but you have to add $1,895 for the 2.7. This has long been a question with B&P and asked many times and it has never been changed. So we’ve all just started to assume the auto tranny is a $300 upcharge.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not necessarily. The 2.7L is $1,895, the auto is the only transmission that can be had with that engine. The 2.3L is standard, to add the auto you add $1,595. For instance on the badlands, adding the 2.7 adds the auto for $1,895 total. If you add the Sasquatch on the base (probably other models too) you get the auto with it but you have to add $1,895 for the 2.7. This has long been a question with B&P and asked many times and it has never been changed. So we’ve all just started to assume the auto tranny is a $300 upcharge.
Well, adding the auto is 1500 on my BD build, then it’s another 1900 for the 2.7.
Also, what you describe on the Badland is mostlikely a BP bug. It’s like on my Big Bend build, if I add the Mid Package it gives me the auto for « free » which is also definitely a bug (because on any other trim adding mid package does not give the auto, and because that wouldnt make any sense to offer a $1500 option with a package that costs $1500).

Ford is not giving away money lol, you guys can dream but they won’t.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, adding the auto is 1500 on my BD build, then it’s another 1900 for the 2.7.
Also, what you describe on the Badland is mostlikely a BP bug. It’s like on my Big Bend build, if I add the Mid Package it gives me the auto for « free » which is also definitely a bug (because on any other trim adding mid package does not give the auto, and because that wouldnt make any sense to offer a $1500 option with a package that costs $1500).

Ford is not giving away money lol, you guys can dream but they won’t.
You asked where he got that from so I find it hard to believe you weren’t aware of it. Especially because the fact I can go to the BD right now and add the 2.7 and the auto pops up as included in the pop up. If you’re talking Sasquatch then yes, that’s the only combo where the $1,895 shows as just an engine upgrade because the auto is standard with the Sasquatch combo. I do agree the mid package one is definitely wrong, that seems off. Either way it is not a badlands BP bug, it is across all models. It shows the 10 speed automatic as standard with the 2.7L engine. Is it logical? Not really as were wired to believe if we add one option that’s $1,900, we should have to add the other that’s $1,595. But if the 2.7L can only be mated to the auto transmission why wouldn’t Ford have listed the option as $3,490? Go have a look at the F150 and it’s $995 to go from the 3.3, 6 speed to the 2.7L with 10 speed auto. So I don’t think it’s hard to believe that Ford would charge $1,895 for the 2.7 and the auto transmission. What doesn’t make any sense is that it’s only $300 more than adding the auto to the 2.3

Maybe Ford wants to incentivize people to take the 2.7? I don’t know. Has nothing to do with dreaming, it’s literally what is listed on the Bronco BP page. It’s been 5 weeks, they haven’t changed it and I’ve been a skeptic all that time. But the longer this goes on I have to believe it’s intentional and is correct since the 2.7 can only have 1 transmission. Given this rollout I would not be shocked if Ford waited until order to fix it and piss everyone off.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That depends on your trim level...if the auto is already included, going to the 2.7 adds $1900. On a trim where the auto is not included, it's only $300 to go to the 2.7 compared to the 2.3 with auto, as the auto is included with the engine upgrade on those trims when you add the 2.7.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with not seeing the full 1800 return , but...
I don't see the "average person" buying a Bronco.
I'd argue primarily "enthusiasts" buy Broncos and Jeeps. Not saying they are hard core offroaders, they are just more into the passion of owning a certain vehicle....it's more than just a way to shuttle kids around to them. It's part of their self image.
These enthisiasts (buyers) will have a preference for the larger motor...and tires, etc.
Just my whopping 2 cents worth...
Most people that buy Wranglers and even Mustangs only do so because they are cute and come in fun colors...

Enthusiasts are a small segment of any auto buying group. Most Wranglers in my area are still riding on stock tires...

With the 2.7 squatch having GVWR issues out of the gate the overlanding crowd may prefer a lighter 4cyl for more gear stowage too.

Personally I am preferring the 4cyl for easier diy upkeep and better mileage. I am not going to tow with it, I am not going to race with it and the little 2.3 makes more power and almost as much torque as the V8 I have been offroading with for years... and as far as low end torque if the V8 has enough (with a manual) the 2.3 should be great with an automatic.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2/3 years will make no difference, or at best, it will depreciate equally, so you will get the same percentage of original purchase.

Just as many young folks will want the 2.3 as old folks think the 2.7 is the best. World is changing, different age groups value different things.

Power is a dying discussion these days I think, aside from forums. Modern cars perform their function very well, and as a class, are more powerful than their previous counterparts.

The only thing I can see altering that, is that is one engine had a major problem, and it was widespread and widely know. Both engines are tested though, so aside from some discussion on issues with the 2.3, that seem a very small percentage, its likely a wash for you. My opinion of course, worth how much you paid for it.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the manual would bring different buyers than the people would buy the auto. Less people obviously know how to drive manuals. But for me I'm going for the manual and not for any sell value down the line. I think people should focus on how they want their Bronco to be and less about resale. I'd bet the Broncos will hold their value similar to Jeep but only time will tell.
I agree. Non-collector cars all depreciate a lot. Worrying about resale value is most cases is pointless. Enjoy your car. If one didn't care about colors, transmissions, etc., sure, get the least common denominator (easiest to sell). Hell, I leased my Subaru so I went orange and a manual lol. It would be a bit harder to resell if I purchased it but apparently I wanted that combo when I bought it so I got it. No worries either way. :cool:

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You asked where he got that from so I find it hard to believe you weren’t aware of it. Especially because the fact I can go to the BD right now and add the 2.7 and the auto pops up as included in the pop up. If you’re talking Sasquatch then yes, that’s the only combo where the $1,895 shows as just an engine upgrade because the auto is standard with the Sasquatch combo. I do agree the mid package one is definitely wrong, that seems off. Either way it is not a badlands BP bug, it is across all models. It shows the 10 speed automatic as standard with the 2.7L engine. Is it logical? Not really as were wired to believe if we add one option that’s $1,900, we should have to add the other that’s $1,595. But if the 2.7L can only be mated to the auto transmission why wouldn’t Ford have listed the option as $3,490? Go have a look at the F150 and it’s $995 to go from the 3.3, 6 speed to the 2.7L with 10 speed auto. So I don’t think it’s hard to believe that Ford would charge $1,895 for the 2.7 and the auto transmission. What doesn’t make any sense is that it’s only $300 more than adding the auto to the 2.3

Maybe Ford wants to incentivize people to take the 2.7? I don’t know. Has nothing to do with dreaming, it’s literally what is listed on the Bronco BP page. It’s been 5 weeks, they haven’t changed it and I’ve been a skeptic all that time. But the longer this goes on I have to believe it’s intentional and is correct since the 2.7 can only have 1 transmission. Given this rollout I would not be shocked if Ford waited until order to fix it and piss everyone off.
You argued against me. Ford updated the B&P a few min ago, now you do have to pay the full 1,895 on top of the 1,595 for 2.7 and Auto. I told you you were dreaming. You were indeed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. But I do appreciate you waiting a month to make yourself look stupid.

1608528677409.gif

CE1213C2-3F71-4B71-B13F-CE19BC4A7975.jpeg
0EA11E68-BA1D-4139-8F3C-499BFA89EE2F.jpeg
3FBCE6EF-83E7-4F9C-8CA6-DBB6A1FC3F73.jpeg

7BCC2ADC-8744-4F0A-A64A-7B428CA57FCD.jpeg
It’s everywhere on the forum. The BP has just been updated and you now pay $1895 extra for the 2.7.
Just checked again for ya: base Badlands: $43590. Add auto and 2.7, BP shows total 47,097. I‘ll let you do the maths. Maybe your BP did not update yet. Good luck!

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does this conversation now change with the current administration's stance on oil (politics aside). I think the conversation changes as oil prices increase, the 2.3 is will become more desirable. Note: I would have chosen the 2.7, but I am being cheap.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this conversation now change with the current administration's stance on oil (politics aside). I think the conversation changes as oil prices increase, the 2.3 is will become more desirable. Note: I would have chosen the 2.7, but I am being cheap.
No. The 2.7 engine is in higher demand at a rate of 3:1. That alone is what will make the resale value better. Assuming the stats here mirror the rest of the public, for every 4 people looking at the OP's advertisement of a used Bronco in 3 years, 3 of them are going to want the bigger engine. Meaning it will sell faster.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. The 2.7 engine is in higher demand at a rate of 3:1. That alone is what will make the resale value better. Assuming the stats here mirror the rest of the public, for every 4 people looking at the OP's advertisement of a used Bronco in 3 years, 3 of them are going to want the bigger engine. Meaning it will sell faster.
Right that is current state, I am speculating about the future. Lets say gas is 5 dollars a gallon at the end of 21, I am sure the demand will probably shift even within our forum. I am not sure if our enthusiast numbers would mimic general public.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right that is current state, I am speculating about the future. Lets say gas is 5 dollars a gallon at the end of 21, I am sure the demand will probably shift even within our forum. I am not sure if our enthusiast numbers would mimic general public.
The only way gasoline goes to $5 a gallon is with taxes. If the current congress votes enough fuel taxes to get it to $5 per gallon, you will see enough of a shift at the ballot box in '22 that the fuel taxes will be rescinded in 2023.
Sponsored