Sponsored

2.7 Oil Pan Capacity Answered

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They may fetch more money in the open market than the scribed ones, right??
I don't see me getting my $20 back, it would cost close to that to ship it to someone :p Good thing I paid for it with the $500 gift card from the dealership so no big loss :cool:
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see me getting my $20 back, it would cost close to that to ship it to someone :p Good thing I paid for it with the $500 gift card from the dealership so no big loss :cool:
I bought the Raptor stick, then bought the current "correct" stick, only to find out that the current stick is scribed the exact same as the OEM stick. Bummed that I burned the money for both, but glad that I now know the target!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brake and gas pedals to the floor, then crank.

The only problem is, Ford didn't give us an oil PRESSURE gauge, so it's difficult to know how long it takes to build pressure and get oil distributed throughout the motor. The oil TEMP gauge is far less helpful IMHO.
This is completely unnecessary for oil changes, but to each their own.

Also, even though it doesn’t have an oil pressure gauge, it does have a low oil pressure light. You can crank the engine until the light goes off. That way you know it has sufficient pressure before starting it. This is what I do with new engines I’ve replaced at work.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is completely unnecessary for oil changes, but to each their own.
Agree. But if the vehicle has sat/been stored a while, it's not a bad idea. Easier than pulling a coil wire, which I do after winter storage on a classic.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brake and gas pedals to the floor, then crank.

The only problem is, Ford didn't give us an oil PRESSURE gauge, so it's difficult to know how long it takes to build pressure and get oil distributed throughout the motor. The oil TEMP gauge is far less helpful IMHO.
All the brake... I didn't catch that one. My Jeep it's just the gas pedal to the floor.

And yes there are plenty times I want to build up oil pressure before I start my vehicle, especially it's been sitting for a while. Got to remember the brake!

Sponsored

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I solved the oil pan problem. I bring it to the dealer for oil changes and if anything screws up, it's on them. BTW, my last change said 6qts on the paper and my dipstick shows well over the top hole. Go figure!

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just did my first oil change on my 2.7 @ 2600 miles. I pulled out 7 quarts & put in 6 quarts. Dipstick says full will recheck in a day or two. Seems like this should be pretty straight forward $hit. Not sure why oil capacity should have anyone guessing smh.
Sponsored