First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s the 7~7.5qt factory fill vs the 6qt service fill that creates the confusion and skepticism. A quart, quart and a half of variation is quite a lot to ignore. Most engines will either be critically low or oil aerating high with that type of deviation.
No owners have any control over factory fill (unless they want to drain some oil out). Clearly, if folks with new Broncos are having their units shipped and the oil level is showing full on the OEM dipstick, the factory adjusted the fill from 7.5 to 6.5 quietly in the background. That is the only explanation as to why earlier builds (like mine...2021) were showing up with oil levels far above the max mark, and now newer owners are reporting oil levels at or near the full mark. Either dealers are draining out a quart during inspection/predelivery (which is highly doubtful), OR the factory fill has been adjusted to coincide with the lastest capacity. Owners should not be getting hung up on "factory fill" numbers because they have no way of knowing exactly how much oil was initially added (other than by draining it and measuring it less about a half quart that stays in lines/passages) or by using the stick as a rough estimate. I don't think it is Ford's responsibility to send out bulletins to all owners indicating they adjusted factory fill amounts even if they do adjust them because it is irrelevant to the average person (unless that person is on the assembly line and factory filling them). I suspect there must be some kind of a gag order and that anyone who works for Ford is expected to remain silent on this entire issue because zero people who work on the assembly line or who would have first-hand knowledge of how this whole thing transpired have ever spoken up on the forum about it...
Sponsored